• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm having a lot of trouble with Game and Watch atm. Pretty much everytime I face one I get either 2-stocked or 3-stocked. I know it's meant to be one of her worst matchups, but I figure I'm definitely doing something wrong if I'm getting 3-stocked by him. Help me out please.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm having a lot of trouble with Game and Watch atm. Pretty much everytime I face one I get either 2-stocked or 3-stocked. I know it's meant to be one of her worst matchups, but I figure I'm definitely doing something wrong if I'm getting 3-stocked by him. Help me out please.
The problem is that you're using Jiggs against GW.

Pick Metaknight.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Guys, we really need to step it up and make these boards active again
Even though that if forbidden by mother nature
! We should re-revive the match-up discussions. Maybe the JBR as well.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Guys, we really need to step it up and make these boards active again
Even though that if forbidden by mother nature
! We should re-revive the match-up discussions. Maybe the JBR as well.
As for the MU discussion, I tried to do so; only JZ responded. The JBR should be the least of our concerns at the moment.

Hurrah for Apathetic Jigglypuff.

Cold Fusion

As for the MU discussion, I tried to do so; only JZ responded.
Then just create a silly match-up thread with obviously false ratios to get people speaking. Or something like that.

highfive

Smash Lord
Hello people!

I'm really not in to the whole match up thing so... how do you even get the ratios for Jiggly's MUs?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No offense guys, but I was hoping for some responses that would be a bit more helpful than 'Pick Meta Knight lolz'... Something like 'grab more/ less than normal' or ways to avoid his smashes or... something.

highfive

Smash Lord
I would say that since GMW has high priority Airs and a good ground game your best chance would be to force him offstage. Dair to Fthrow.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
No offense guys, but I was hoping for some responses that would be a bit more helpful than 'Pick Meta Knight lolz'... Something like 'grab more/ less than normal' or ways to avoid his smashes or... something.
You might get a serious answer if you were actually asking us something. Just saying "i get 3 stocked by gnw lolz" isn't enough for us to help you. There's no magical set of words that will turn the matchup from a 20:80 to a 60:40.

If you could tell us what you're having problems with, or even show us a video of a match with you losing to a G&W, we could probably help you.

Cold Fusion

Well, were there anythings in specific that you remember you struggled with?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
You might get a serious answer if you were actually asking us something. Just saying "i get 3 stocked by gnw lolz" isn't enough for us to help you. There's no magical set of words that will turn the matchup from a 20:80 to a 60:40.

If you could tell us what you're having problems with, or even show us a video of a match with you losing to a G&W, we could probably help you.
I would upload a vid, but unfortunately I have nothing with which to record it. :(

If I had to pick out what my biggest problems with him were.... I end up dying at, like, 80% from his smashes (though that's probably a question of learning to DI and momentum cancel better...), being outranged in the air, and the fact that I can't gimp him at all and can't kill him until around 140-150% or so.

Cold Fusion

I would upload a vid, but unfortunately I have nothing with which to record it. :(

If I had to pick out what my biggest problems with him were.... I end up dying at, like, 80% from his smashes (though that's probably a question of learning to DI and momentum cancel better...), being outranged in the air, and the fact that I can't gimp him at all and can't kill him until around 140-150% or so.
Does he charge his smashes?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Does he charge his smashes?
No, they're usually uncharged.

I think another problem is that my ground game is too predictable. The only moves I use when I'm not in the air are UTilt, dash attack and her throws. How can I mix things up a bit?

Cold Fusion

No, they're usually uncharged.

I think another problem is that my ground game is too predictable. The only moves I use when I'm not in the air are UTilt, dash attack and her throws. How can I mix things up a bit?
I am not very familiar with the match-up, but you can mix it up with F-Smashing him during lag, which should be done when possible anyway. If you ever get a lead, do not be afraid to aircamp.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i was messing around with DI and stuff and at low percents u can di behind game and watch as he bairs u, giving u enough time to bair or fair him :D

Noobicidal

Smash Master
His downtaunt in brawl can spike, and his dair can but I can never manage to do it on purpose.
The dair spikebox is in front of his feet and near his ***. Tauntsliding towards the edge against opponents who recover low can lead to the taunt spike.

Top Bottom