• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Mink teach me jiggly puff on skype please!

Also took a stock off MJG's Snake on Brinstar.
Read this as:
Got low percent two stocked by MJG's fourth string character (behind his TL, then MK, then Diddy) because he got tired of waiting for you to accept the inevitable and approached off stage with snake when you were stalling while two stocks behind lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
THE song

gangnam style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

you mean this song?
galo sengen

Its not that you're *** with puff, but Puff is *** herself.
Oh I know she's super booboo. I'm just joking that I'm *** with her, which I'm really not. I'm the best puff :yeahboi:

Puff is amazingly good.

Just takes patience and perseverance.

:phone:

No....that is all..... :3

I'm so happy people still use puff!

IIRC, I'm the only true Puff main atm, but that is gong to change because I'm picking up a secondary..primarily to handle matchups that I have difficulty with

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I've been thinking of going only puff in Dubs, although there's this one Olimar/ZSS team that gets screwed over when I play Sheik because tether recoveries lol.
She's one of my strongest counterpick characters right now though.

jiggmaster45

Smash Rookie
IIRC, I'm the only true Puff main atm, but that is gong to change because I'm picking up a secondary..primarily to handle matchups that I have difficulty with
At least I have someone I can discuss things with ^_^

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
going full puff at high level tourneys is nothing to brag about imo.

its just means you lose a lot. lol

IMO

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Soloing with Ganon means you're a man.

Soloing with Jigglypuff means you're a fool.

Jigglypuff is your trump card, use it as the element of surprise or as a last resort. Use it when you can turn the crowd against your opponent.

And avoid going to tournies with little to no counterpick stages. Seriously, the new stagelist for all these recent tournies drives me insane.

The last tournament I went to I tried to solo Jigglypuff. Everyone that I was pretty stupid for doing it and I ened up losing to a Sonic who I could've most likely beaten with my Diddy Kong. Going Solo Jiggs gets you nowhere and its part of the reason why I don't really play this game anymore.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Counter-picks aren't that good for aerial-based characters imo, it's just a lot easier for them and players who use ground-based characters don't play the stages properly.

I mean, look at a good Snake on RC.

Correction: Going solo Jiggs gets YOU nowhere.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jiggs on Frigate and Brinstar help give her the advantage. Sure she might still be doing a uphill battle, but at least something is on her side then.

Lets just look at how every battle for Jigglypuff goes.

- Every single trade you ever make you will lose it.

- Your opponent usually has more priority or range than you do.

- You can't gimp them because this is brawl and everyone recovers.

- Rest is unreliable if the opponent can DI it.

So unless you're alot more skilled than your opponent, they don't know anything about Jigglypuff, or you play inhumanly, you'll lose. Most top players do know what to do against Jigglypuff or will quickly adapt.

Jigglypuff isn't even good at running away and timing out. She has no projectiles and while she does have the arieal mobility to get away for the most part, its next to impossible to run away for so long without getting hit.

If theres anything she's good at it would be Doubles. She's probably mid-tier in that category.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
-Trades are not common, at all. I don't know why trading is always brought up on SWF (in the Brawl section).
-Range is priority, unless we are talking about moves "clashing". This is a problem for Jigglypuff but is mitigated somewhat by her aerial mobility.
-No one can gimp reliably, so... who cares? xD
-Puff doesn't need to rely on Rest.

You definitely have to be better than your opponents, but not inhumanly so. Just as an example, we repeatedly see Reflex win the Falco MU with PT, against players who know the MU - Its a -2 MU (like most of Jigglypuff's), why can we not do the same?

She takes a lot of work, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that she can't be viable.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
-Trades are not common, at all. I don't know why trading is always brought up on SWF (in the Brawl section).
-Range is priority, unless we are talking about moves "clashing". This is a problem for Jigglypuff but is mitigated somewhat by her aerial mobility.
-No one can gimp reliably, so... who cares? xD
-Puff doesn't need to rely on Rest.

You definitely have to be better than your opponents, but not inhumanly so. Just as an example, we repeatedly see Reflex win the Falco MU with PT, against players who know the MU - Its a -2 MU (like most of Jigglypuff's), why can we not do the same?

She takes a lot of work, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that she can't be viable.

Metaknight gimps reliably. What I'm trying to say, is that Jigglypuff is meant to be able to gimp like she does in melee. Except she sucks at doing it in brawl.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Falco's Shine and Jigglypuff's Gimping ability can't be compared like that.

Falco got a completely different move, one that's arguably better. Jigglypuff on the other hand was destroyed by the games mechanics because of multiple air dodging and better overall recoveries.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Brawl is it's own game. Being nerfed in a sequel isn't a character weakness.

Like I said; no one (addendum: bar Meta Knight) can gimp reliably, so... It doesn't matter that Puff can't xD

Let's stop this and all admire my new avatar :3

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Brawl is it's own game. Being nerfed in a sequel isn't a character weakness.

Like I said; no one (addendum: bar Meta Knight) can gimp reliably, so... It doesn't matter that Puff can't xD

Let's stop this and all admire my new avatar :3
pfft I was arguing just so I could see my new avi in action too :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have like a lot of love for Jiggs as a character. My friend went Jiggs at our last tournament and got 4th so I was happy for him.

Cool avatar Grim. =P

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
*Sees people arguing about Puff being bad* :glare:

Puff sucks. It's cool though, she's a fun character, and I love playing her. Plus, she's my favorite character to use on spacies and (oddly enough) MK.

*Sees Puffster's Dewott avi* :awesome:

I swear I need to get an avi with Oshawott and Dewott in a Goof Troop pose or something.

TO THE ARTIST THREADS!!!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Puff would be cool to solo main as long as you had a pocket character to deal with unbearable MUs.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'm going Jiggs Kirby at the moment. This combination has tons of holes, but it's fun, so whatever.

Top Bottom