• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

SoulPech

Smash Master
Summoner Name: Soulpech

Top/Tank: Yorick, Mundo
Jungle: Yi, Mundo, Nunu
Mid: Gragas, Morde, Xerath, Orianna
ADC: Tristana, Sivir
Support: Nunu, Taric, Soraka, Mundo

These are my ranked Champs, but with normals, I just hit random.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Summoner Name: ZzShy

I main Support: Janna, Lulu, Taric, Soraka, Blitzcrank, Leona
I second ADC: Tristana, Draven, Ashe, Graves
I play Jungle a lot so Im good at it: Shyvana, Nautilus, Lee Sin, Sejuani, Malphite
I love Top but it's always taken: Riven, Wukong, Kayle, Gangplank, Rumble
I play Mid but it's prob my worst role: Lux, Kennen, Veigar, Viktor, Gragas, LeBlanc, Mordekaiser, Ziggs

Id say my very best in order are: Janna, Tristana, Shyvana, Lulu, Nautilius, Riven, Taric, Lux

You can also interchange pretty much every Top and Jungle.

I also play everyone else in the game, but these are all the champs Id think about in serious games. This list changes slightly like, every other day though lol.

Also, Janna is the best character in the game right now, too bad shes getting nerfed when Jayce comes out lol.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I hate using Puff on Wifi lol, demands too much precision spacing-wise
my go-to Wifi character is G&W. Plays himself.

I have a tourney tomorrow - wish me luck fellas. Dunno if I'll use Puff or ROB yet, though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well, I was going to use Puff from the start... Then I started doing worse with her in friendlies, so I thought "Oh yeah, I'll just go ROB for the tourney. I can make that work".

So I practiced B-reversals, watched videos, etc... All set for the tourney.

Then I realized why my Puff hasn't been going as well recently lol. So now I'm torn

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel, I'm cold and I am shamed, lying naked on the floor. Illusion never changed, into something real, I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Play to win, so more than likely mostly zss. But Ima try to pull a Puffster and go puff once per set.

I plan on doing a lot of friendlies and mms with puff though

SoulPech

Smash Master
Also, I need to show a mixup I've learned with Jiggs (maybe other Jiggs players came up with it), but you do a d-air, they trip, and you stand in their rolling distance. I call it "The Situation".

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't take any risks when I play Puff, so I'd grab or Rest after the trip every time.
In other words, I can't really comment. Though, I do sometimes go for a second dair if I want to build them up to Rest KO % and I know they won't SDI.

I need to decide whether to use ROB or Jigglypuff in tournament. I can use them both at the same level - Jigglypuff is just way more mentally taxing and I don't know if its worth it :/

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Got some replays recorded.

Also, soul pech I like that, next time, if they're at high percentage, stand out of GUA range and charge rollout.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I will do a vid when I get the chance, but here's how the situation works. at a relatively good percentage (90) you dair to force them to trip. As soon as you trip them, you stand in their rolling distance. Here's "THE SITUATION"

1) if they roll into you: REST
2) if they roll away: DACUS
3) if they just slowly get up: DASH A

Genius.

SoulPech

Smash Master
This is a mindgame tactic. Dair is easy to DI out of, so it can be difficult to follow up with the rest. I also forgot to mention that another thing you can do is after the dair, dair again.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
No, no, no :p

If the dair trips, the rest is guaranteed, regardless of SDI (if they SDI'd far enough away to prevent a rest follow-up, then the dair wouldn't have been able to trip).

You're pretty much just giving your opponents a chance to escape death (by you making a technical error) when landing the rest is way easier.

-----

I'm gonna start working on a project where I review character hurtboxes during the transition from dair > rest. I noticed that when I do the dair on Toon Link, his animation has him lying down before the rest and it let me hit him from further away than I (or my opponent) expected. Stay tuned!

SoulPech

Smash Master
No, no, no :p

If the dair trips, the rest is guaranteed, regardless of SDI (if they SDI'd far enough away to prevent a rest follow-up, then the dair wouldn't have been able to trip).

You're pretty much just giving your opponents a chance to escape death (by you making a technical error) when landing the rest is way easier.!
no, no, no. I may have said it incorrectly. The rest is guaranteed when they trip, but what if the opponents would DI during the Dair to avoid the trip? Even then, you can't be 100% certain they would trip. You use the tactic I mentioned earlier in case if this happens. Most of the time, if you dair, they're expecting a rest or a grab. this gives more mixups. Like I said, i'll see if I can record some of this.

SoulPech

Smash Master
LULZ. You can't play brawl online. I realize it has an "Online Mode". But you I wouldn't call it playing.
I got scrubbed out by gw and ike players online. They similar patterns, which I can easily punish offline, but online is more difficult.. I eventually got upset, chose GW, and completely destroyed the guy <.<

C.J.

Smash Master
Hbox is hbox. He's brilliant in melee, and his smarts definitely transferred over to Brawl. His Jiggly did, for example, A LOT better vs Ryo's Ike than when he used DDD.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Notable? He's got 3rd at the same tournament as me two days ago. Took Ryo to last hit and almost beat ed in low tiers. It was single elimination and i got put against Ryo round 1, so i have johns. But he's mad good.

Top Bottom