• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
He's really good vs my puff. I generally lose to gdx every tournament. Ha. But soul, I used puff in both sets I won. Fox vs puff and peach vs puff

I decided to drill rush a cpu jigglypuff. The smart ****ard decided to use the invincibility on rest to completely avoid the move. Sly cpu.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Rest has invinc frames.
and MK has a weak spot on the top of the tornado.

You might be able to OoS it.

I don't know if you guys ever try Oosing rest, but i have my controls as:

L - Shield
R - Special
Y - Grab
X - Jump

So if you're shielding, aiming your shield a tad down and then roll from X to R you can OoS rest.

It's actually pretty useful.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I lost so much respect for you right there, Mink. :glare:

*grumble* changing controls... *grumble grumble*

And MK/Puff isn't all that bad. She blows at it on paper, but overall the matchup isn't as hard as you'd think, you just need to be smart about what you're doing and you'll be alright. I actually like that matchup more with Puff than I do with Wario XD.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's one of Jiggly's okayer matchups. Its just Metaknight mains don't give a **** about low tier characters and never study them.

Though if you do come across a Metaknight that knows what Jigglypuff's gimmicks are you're ****ed.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
hmm and about the Falco MU?

I think Jigglypuff is much better against Falco than Yoshi...

D

Deleted member 189823

Hi.
I'd like to variate a bit more and work on my ground game with Jiggaly. And yes, I know it sucks for most of it. But I think I can do something with jabs, grabs and the DACUS (I don't know how to apply it very well to my game, other than use it to kill). I like to jab - Grab.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jab to grab is good, jab to jump backwards landing Dacus is another good mixup.
SH Nair to grab or Fsmash depending on the trajectory.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Jiggs is def better than Yoshi against Falco. Still not a great MU for Jiggs though lol.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I played this MU with one of the best Falcos in Brazil,and man,it's easy as hell to avoid these ****ing lasers with Puff,and I found easy to approach(with care),I am seriously thinking about using Jiggly against Falcos now,because they don't know the MU.

I was able to rest Falco every time he used his shine and I was close to him,idk if it really works,but it worked with me.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
In my experience, Falco does worse than Yoshi. However, that might change at a higher level (seeing as playing against Falco feels infinitely easier with Puff).

I second Mink's jab > grab. I also use a lot of ftilt for spacing and baiting purposes. People who are familiar with Puff stay out of her grab range; ftilt is a good way of getting surprise hits in imo

I dunno, I can't explain it. I just use it and it works.

Dtilt is good if you know someone is gonna come down on you with an aerial (out of shield or something) cause you can duck it and then hit it.

Unrelated: But does anyone else find success with ground pound > dash away > pivot grab at low %?

Top Bottom