• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Grim, we were comparing how well Yoshi and Puff do against Falco and saying Puff has a better Falco MU than Yoshi, so basically Jiggs vs. Falco is easier than Yoshi vs. Falco.

I do however agree with you that Yoshi beats Jiggs harder than Falco beats Jiggs, but thats not the point haha xD

Also:
Unrelated: But does anyone else find success with ground pound > dash away > pivot grab at low %?
At first I was like, 'wtf, why are you talking about DK in the jiggs board'.

SoulPech

Smash Master
4 PEOPLE VIEWING THE PUFF BOARDS!
The issue with Puff's ground game is that it's very situational and some ground stuff does work. The other issue is that it doesn't work against every character. For example, UTilt can stuff some characters or catch them by surprise, like Utilt, they air dodge or something or do an attack, you can pivot grab or quick pivot jump then back air. It won't work against Kirby :/.

FTilt is decent, but once gain, situational. For example, you can do it against characters that DACUS in or like Fox who rushes in just to create space. Of course, you don't want to it against characters, like Snake since he can just outrange

Dtilt is bad

Puff's Jab mixup and alright if no one knows the Puff match (Which is 80% of the players). YOu can Jab-Grab, Jab-quick turn + bair.

Pound is situational too. It's much more useful in the air when you direct it towards the ground. While on the ground, it does have two hitboxes, so you want to time it where it needs to hit towards the end. It also eats up half of a lot of characters shields (Unless it's Diddy or the Perfect Shield it >.>) but you can do a Pound and just watch what they're going to do. If they airdodge, Grab them when they land. If they try to attack, Perfect shield then Grab. Or...you can just retreat Bair. When you use pound in the air directing it to the ground, you have more of an opportunity to do a string. My favorite thing to do is to do a Falling Pound + UTilt+ then 2 bairs.

Puff's DACUS is very helpful. I use it often for baits and knock offs on the ledge. It kills fresh around 110% on most characters and it has a wide hitbox. It's also good to use as a way to keep the person on the ledge as a mix up. You can Dash Dance into Dacus, or you can (I forget what it's called) buff a walk towards the opponent, then do a DACUS. I also like to Roll back then DACUS.

If you can find an awesome way to improve Puff's Ground Game, go on ahead.

SoulPech

Smash Master
hmm and about the Falco MU?

I think Jigglypuff is much better against Falco than Yoshi...
It's annoying. Falco shoots lasers, and there's little you can do. You can duck under the lasers or you can just float over them. Your main objective in this matchup is to get him off stage. At that point, Gimp then it's a stock.

I do agree with Mink. If Falco camps with lasers then sideb to the other side, then I feel it's 65/35 Falco, but if falco just goes in, it's 50/50 or 45/55 Falco. I said that because Falco's jab is pretty bull****.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
It's annoying. Falco shoots lasers, and there's little you can do. You can duck under the lasers or you can just float over them. Your main objective in this matchup is to get him off stage. At that point, Gimp then it's a stock.

I do agree with Mink. If Falco camps with lasers then sideb to the other side, then I feel it's 65/35 Falco, but if falco just goes in, it's 50/50 or 45/55 Falco. I said that because Falco's jab is pretty bull****.
I'm kinda surprised you guys have such a difficult time with a campy Falco! Unless you're forgetting to do your mindgames after you've avoided the lasers, its actually not that bad, you can get Falco to do some stupid stuff, especially when they're in desperate-to-avoid mode. Aggressive Falcos (however rare the good ones are) can be difficult to get a hit on if they know proper shield pressuring, you don't have the time for the appropriate mindgames because he's already ready with a jab-grab/fading bair/etc.

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, I'd really like to work on Jiggaly's ground game a bit. I even work a bit on my mobility, like dash-dancing, empty FFSHs.

Jab - Grab is working nicely, even if the jab's range is awful.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm kinda surprised you guys have such a difficult time with a campy Falco! Unless you're forgetting to do your mindgames after you've avoided the lasers, its actually not that bad, you can get Falco to do some stupid stuff, especially when they're in desperate-to-avoid mode. Aggressive Falcos (however rare the good ones are) can be difficult to get a hit on if they know proper shield pressuring, you don't have the time for the appropriate mindgames because he's already ready with a jab-grab/fading bair/etc.
Campy Falco's meta game:

A. Go to one side of the platform

B. Shoot lasers: 1) If it hits, then shoot again 2) If it doesn't hit, shoot again.

C. When puff approaches: 1) D-air 2) jab + grab 3) Shoot lasers

D. When damage is dealt: 1) side - b to other side 2) Repeat steps B-D

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Mink, believe me, it's not THAT hard to handle his Falco, its just you need to make sure he stays frazzled from doing something predictable and you're good. I don't think he's beaten me in tourney since Feb '11 because of that fact.

@SoulPech: See? You even know what he's gonna do! Honestly, it's not that difficult to trick the Falco to side-B wrong and punish him, OR to misspace a jab or dair. Maybe the problem is that you're already assuming the Falco will hit you with something?

**** it, it's all personal preference I suppose, maybe I'm just weird (or maybe I'm just too busy enjoying when a Falco comes after me to do something, because there's more potential in his aggressive game. Lol sorry that's the ex-Falco main in me talking :awesome:).

SoulPech

Smash Master
@SoulPech: See? You even know what he's gonna do! Honestly, it's not that difficult to trick the Falco to side-B wrong and punish him, OR to misspace a jab or dair. Maybe the problem is that you're already assuming the Falco will hit you with something?
You know what he's gonna do, but there's little you can do about it. Sure, you can punish a side - b, but you're not gonna get 100% of the time. If you do, then the falco player is bad. I can beat Falco, but it's just balls to deal with.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Yeah. Doing **** like that to Shugo doesn't work :'(
Well yeah, Shugo's a beast! :awesome: But I see the point made, and you're probably right. I don't get to fight much around here, the best I've got is a Top 5 Ike, M@v, an MK, and a drunken grandpa MK/Peach, so I rarely get much of anything out of practice. No doubt I'll figure out what you guys mean when it actually happens to me XD.

Also Mink I'm still surprised I got him outta using Fox against Puff. I suppose he gave up on learning how to avoid getting gimped XD.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Well yeah, Shugo's a beast! :awesome: But I see the point made, and you're probably right. I don't get to fight much around here, the best I've got is a Top 5 Ike, M@v, an MK, and a drunken grandpa MK/Peach, so I rarely get much of anything out of practice. No doubt I'll figure out what you guys mean when it actually happens to me XD.

Also Mink I'm still surprised I got him outta using Fox against Puff. I suppose he gave up on learning how to avoid getting gimped XD.
It's ironic because it's easier to gimp Falco

Top Bottom