• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I try to start discussions and to sway Alex's usual trolling into productive, useful threads, but either the thread receives no interest, dies, or gets subsequently locked. I even tried starting discussion in the JBR again (not that it matters, but still).
That comment was to no one in perticular. However, this is one thing that needs to happen soon, because disscussing matchups and counterpicks are the only things that are going to help us at the moment.

Nah, Mike just played the pity card and you fell for it.
Perhaps, but it dosn't matter what you think about that because opinions can change and mine never actually did in the first place. You could say i'm playing kiss a**, but that would be lying.

I call BS on that one (at least in regards to myself).
You two are very important additions to this board, but it just seemed at the moment that you didn't use the character at all, like a trolling troll. (Self trolling in reality.)

:ohwell:

^ lol, Noob's too good.
You still didn't understand what I really meant then huh SNO?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
By that logic, you'd be a scrub for NOT playing Metaknight. Why even play Snake, when Metaknight is the superior choice?

Logic like that doesn't work, and that's the sole reason we have diversity. Wario's better at aircamping, Metaknight's better at planking. Jiggs is better at planking than Wario, and better at aircamping (Arugably, due to her way faster speed) than MK.
Why 55:45 the entire cast when I can 60:40 them? To me Snake is the superior choice, and his results are finally showing that is our metagame is catching up to Meta Knight's.

Snake is superior for me. Also Snake isn't air planking or planking. No one is superior at camping (albeit Olimar outcamps him, Olimar is not overall superior) and nobody controls the stage quite like him (c4+mine+2 grenades?)

Thus if I wanted someone who could camp better, who would I choose? If I wanted to control the stage better, who would I choose?

Snake.

Meta Knight can't really camp, and he can't really control the stage.

Also I don't care if she can aircamp better then MK, play Wario. I don't care if she can plank better then Wario, play MK. You failed to see my logic in that.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
^ lol, Noob's too good.
I even got the 1000th post with that. ^^

That comment was to no one in perticular. However, this is one thing that needs to happen soon, because disscussing matchups and counterpicks are the only things that are going to help us at the moment.
Also, posting USEFUL information would help in lieu of gems such as:

The hot air increases your jumping ability.
Next.

Perhaps, but it dosn't matter what you think about that because opinions can change and mine never actually did in the first place. You could say i'm playing kiss a**, but that would be lying.
If your opinion never changed, then why bring up this "opinions can change" argument? Apparently my view on this topic was "sexy" in your eyes, which is a tad strange due to you wanting to "squeeze out" the bit of air that Jiggs has left.

Bolded the part in which it seemed as if you didn't care for my opinion at all. Great debating tactic, I'll say.

You two are very important additions to this board, but it just seemed at the moment that you didn't use the character at all, like a trolling troll. (Self trolling in reality.)
Thanks coach, I needed the reassurance.

Just because one says that a character is trash doesn't reflect whether or not one actually uses that character. If that were the case, the Ganon board wouldn't even exist; we KNOW the character is trash, yet we still use him and we STILL try to win with him.

PND

Smash Champion
But we are so much faster. He can dair to wall them off, whereas we can airdodge almost to the other side of the level by then. That's why I said "arguably", it's a completely different method of achieving a similar result.

Metatitan

Smash Master
But we are so much faster. He can dair to wall them off, whereas we can airdodge almost to the other side of the level by then. That's why I said "arguably", it's a completely different method of achieving a similar result.
Airdodges can be easily read and punished. It doesn't matter how fast your horizontal air speed is (lawl as if horizontal does us any good) if your attacks suck *** and have very little range.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Not to burst your bubble.... but any character is pretty **** good if you can't be read. :|
Indeed; Ganon would this kind of ability would be ****ing broken.

"What the ****? I couldn't even see that Warlock Punch coming!"

:031:

PND

Smash Champion
Being unpredictable is one of the most important things in competitive play. If you're predictable, having all your character's options means nothing.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Also, posting USEFUL information would help.
That one post reflected all my 1,349 statements, proving that I have never posted anything useful. I have posted quite a few of those and I plan to do more in the future.

If your opinion never changed, then why bring up this "opinions can change" argument? Apparently my view on this topic was "sexy" in your eyes, which is a tad strange due to you wanting to "squeeze out" the bit of air that Jiggs has left.
My opinion, my choice was set in my mind when I started playing smash: 'pick a main and don't change it'. I wouldn't give up on Jigglypuff if I was the only one in the world who uses her. My opinion on Jigglypuff being useless was 'yes, no doubt', but that dosn't mean I don't agree with PND.

Just because one says that a character is trash doesn't reflect whether or not one actually uses that character. If that were the case, the Ganon board wouldn't even exist; we KNOW the character is trash, yet we still use him and we STILL try to win with him.
You always helped here as much as the next guy, but now we're all sitting here happily agreeing that Jigglypuff is a lost cause, which isn't completely true.

I strain myself to say it, but I wish Alex was back. :ohwell:

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
^ Accoring to the reply of my question in the Q&A thread, no. D: did you not see it? You posted after not many posts lol.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I would use it all the time if it was an irc channel.

I'll start one on irc.globalgamers.net if anyone wants to use irc.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
!kb is SO much easier than finding someone's name and going through multiple dialogue boxes to ban someone. Still, the issue isn't the chat medium; it's the fact that there is hardly any interest in it aside from a few Puffs who hardly used the original chat(s).

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
we'll if we try hard enough i'm sure more people will be interested in joining on chat.. i mean.. we used to have a good thing going... Just becouse a few people leave doesn't mean we have to stop using it

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I tried joining the xat but I got a message saying to pm the channel operator. I don't like xat enough to bother.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So like, I officially dropped Diddy Kong and now maining Jiggs.

I'm a true Jigglypuff main and I'm going to start using her at tournaments.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
1. Diddy Kong is the most hated character in NJ

2. I constantly get gimped by Metaknights because I've always played a character who didn't have to worry about being gimped (Jigglypuff)

3. Its very frustrating to play as Diddy Kong because of all the pressure my opponents put on me and use my own bananas against myself.

4. Its much more rewarding and fun to play as Jigglypuff and I don't get as fusterated when I lose.

5. NJ's cp stage list sucks so Diddy only has FD (which can be banned by the player) and SV (which can be unavailable if already won on). Jigglypuffs better on plenty of stages while Diddy Kong is hurt by many stages.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I have no idea how to change the color of usernames. Also, I'm colorblidn and literally can't see the difference. I assumed mine was green..... Hilarity.

Also where do you submit for TO (smash director) status? I've been wondering for like a million years.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I have no idea how to change the color of usernames. Also, I'm colorblidn and literally can't see the difference. I assumed mine was green..... Hilarity.

Also where do you submit for TO (smash director) status? I've been wondering for like a million years.
I didn't know that. To change your name to green, go to User CP, Group Memberships, scroll down until you Premium Member (I assume), look on the right side, and click on the radio button that says "Identify me as a member of this group". As for applying for TO, scroll UP on the same page, look for the "Tournament Director" group, and apply accordingly.

Top Bottom