• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff can actually beat Marths fair in Melee. Bair has a ****load of range and with Puffs mobility she can actually get in.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I really don't think the Marth MU is overrated. If the Marth knows how to zone properly against puff, you're screwed. Fair beats everything.
My set against this Marth named Pierce in tournament was mad close. I had to work hard for it thats for sure. It's an uphill battle but it isn't as simple for Marth to just fair and expect to win, but I know that you were exaggerating.

I really hope so.

You saw the banned image right?

Yes I saw it.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
@Era

If that was true, Marth vs. Puff wouldn't be even in Melee (Marth's fair out-ranges all of Puff's moves in Melee too).
In Melee Jiggs is top tier, waaaaaay better then Brawl Puff and she's more viable there.
My set against this Marth named Pierce in tournament was mad close. I had to work hard for it thats for sure. It's an uphill battle but it isn't as simple for Marth to just fair and expect to win, but I know that you were exaggerating.
Yea somewhat exaggerating, I can come close to winning but I still lose. His fair is the main problem, at least for me, though. I consider it 70-30, really hard to win but with enough blood, sweat, and tears you might succeed.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Melee Jiggs is top tier, but the match-up is basically the same. Marth can space fair in Melee equally as well as in Brawl, and Jigglypuff doesn't gain any new spacing tricks against Marth, so how come she CAN get in in Melee, but she can't in Brawl?

Also, lrn2airdodgeandweave

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff has like twice the range in Bair in Melee. Fair has enough lag to be punished. Also when Puff gets inside Marth he dies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The thing is not that you cannot get inside Marth. It's just that the risk/reward ratio is total **** and Marth has tons of other options that also shut us down.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Which Marths have you played?

If only I could get videos up :c

The basic idea in the match-up is to just space around Marth's fairs/nairs and aerial/grab/fsmash **** him every time you get the opportunity. Trust me, Puff's biggest enemy in this match-up is Dolphin Slash, not fair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what the biggest enemy is, the point is that something is. I have beaten every single Marth I have faced with my Puff, but then I faced this Marth who I stand no chance against. His spacing is very good and every time I attempt anything I am in danger.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Why not airdodge behind to behind him so you can beat his bair, which turns him around, airdodge through him again to beat his bair, repeat.
He'll get confused and fall before he realizes how low you get! :D
I've never played a marth competitivly with puff

:phone:

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Only things I dealt with in Melee so far was Fox, Cpt. Falcon, and Falco.

So I wouldn't know how tough it is to fight Marth in Melee.
Sounds tough by the sound of things.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
His fair is dumb.

But i'm also not a fan of melee.

Fair is dumb in both games.
Marth is one of the MU's i feel that crouching isn't bad for.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Registeration for Apex 2012 has started. Go register now while the prices are still low.
http://apexsmash.com/registration/

Speaking of which, Mink were still gonna team for Brawl doubles right?'

I'm also thinking about doing Melee, gotta get my melee Jiggs back in shape.

I also like how they set the schedule up. Melee (and AllBrawl) on Friday, Brawl on Saturday, and top8 (top4 doubles) of both games on Sunday.

I'll most likely be going Friday and Saturday and unless for some reason I get a top placing I won't be going on sunday.

Still have no idea how they're going to do 2 rounds of pools and the tournament bracket for Brawl Singles in 1 day.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
So. I have a second shard on rift where I have all 6 ponies. Some names were already taken but I did my best. Tell me what you think...

As I said, my attempt. I actually have a Pinkiepie on a different server, shes actually my main, and a mage... for some reason... LOL.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Registeration for Apex 2012 has started. Go register now while the prices are still low.
http://apexsmash.com/registration/

Speaking of which, Mink were still gonna team for Brawl doubles right?'

I'm also thinking about doing Melee, gotta get my melee Jiggs back in shape.

I also like how they set the schedule up. Melee (and AllBrawl) on Friday, Brawl on Saturday, and top8 (top4 doubles) of both games on Sunday.

I'll most likely be going Friday and Saturday and unless for some reason I get a top placing I won't be going on sunday.

Still have no idea how they're going to do 2 rounds of pools and the tournament bracket for Brawl Singles in 1 day.
Yes. If i come to this, you and i are teaming.
The big question is, i'm not 100% if i'm going. Since i don't have a job.
Now the other question, is are you going to be housing me the tourney nights? Or what should i do?

Also you and i will be single handedly representing the puff boards

wait, what is All Brawl?, and why can it only have 64 entrants?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yes. If i come to this, you and i are teaming.
The big question is, i'm not 100% if i'm going. Since i don't have a job.
Now the other question, is are you going to be housing me the tourney nights? Or what should i do?

Also you and i will be single handedly representing the puff boards

wait, what is All Brawl?, and why can it only have 64 entrants?
Yeah you wouldn't have to worry about transportation/housing. I'd get you from the Newark airport and then you'd stay at my place during the tourament.

Also AllBrawl is a fun side event where you play a 4 player free for all, everyone plays as random, all stages are set on random (even banned stages), and all items are on.

Here just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQughaSnWPA

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
FFA can be refreshing and a good break if your bogged down from competitive play...... I had no idea about Allbrawl, that's really cool :o

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm down for that hahaha.

I talked to my Mom today and she said this was a probability.
I'm 80% sure i'm coming :D :D :D

239 287 7761
Puffster, text me so i have your contact info.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Why? Seeing how mink turned out she must be terrible at punishing :awesome:
Jkmink :]

Blissard

Smash Lord
But you have those DARK GREY EYES
That stare through mine,
Those dirty haaaaaands
That my my hand tight.