• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
1) it's not an invention.

2) alot of the top players are actually mad cool lol.

and i'm working pretty hard to get into the back room.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm starting to use Jigglypuff a lot more recently. I will probably start using her in MMs to get a better feel for higher level play.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Right on San.

I've been using B reversal Rollout alot more. If you charge a rollout as someones coming down to the ground and B reversal alot of the time they will go on the opposite side of where you're charging. So they won't expect it.

Also, i could be wrong, but i've been using it alot, and i believe that as long as the ball is shining, it gives the same amount of knockback as a fully charged roll and all it changes is the speed.

I've found this to be useful too.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I tried to shy away from rollout much but it is useful, especially if you know the timing for it to go through projectiles.

I have been using downwards pound a LOT more. It seems to hit the opponent quicker in a better spot if you're above them, and you can shield/grab easier since you get to the ground. It's huge hitbox when spaced correctly is great.

I also like uair a lot more, using L as my double jump. I was surprised that uair lasts a whopping 8 frames. Finding myself using all 4 aerials more equally nowadays.

Hopefully I can upload a few vids from the last few days playing to get it critiqued or something like that.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That would be cool, i'd be happy to check them out.

I use Uair for sharking a bit. The hitbox reminds me alot of pound. It's good for juggling once or twice and the frames, like you stated, are pretty ridiculous.

I've been playing alot more campy instead of aggropuff lately.

I played Mic Lorenzo last weekend in tourney.

Our set was 23~ minutes.
It was mad campy.

(he's a top C. Falcon)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff.

'Nuff said.
and Jigglypuff said "Jigglypuff" and it was so.

also, I'm going to Cot5 next week. Gonna do some ****** with teh Puff (and Diddy). Even though I do want to go 100% Diddy until final bracket, I'm probably not going to be able to, I just can't play this game without using Jigglypuff often. Also, going to practice playing on RC with Jiggs.

Blissard

Smash Lord
My high school is having a Brawl tournament as a end of the school year thing, and I'm considering using Jiggs since everyone there only plays casually. Also, I can pick any stage, all items are on including Smash Balls (medium), and all the battles are FFA 3 stock. Do you think people will think tht planking is cheating? Last year I used IC's and I got banned lolol.

Got an applicant already.
3 more! Who wants in teh baffroom
You are milking dry a joke that wasn't even funny to begin with.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Look, guy, no one cares about your social group.

In regards to puns, there are only two ways to use them effectively. There's the incredibly obvious way that makes everyone within earshot want to put on matching black shades and scream "YEEEEEEEEAH", and there's the incredibly subtle way that only true fans of dry humor will get instantly. You don't want to force a pun unless you're confident enough to expect at least a smirk from the pun itself, or from your inflection or body language.

This isn't directed to anyone in particular. I just happen to enjoy fine examples of comedy.

So this is what I've learned about Jiggs on RC so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzrCUSRcbQ
Oh, neat. The boat's ledge is similar to the ledges of Picto.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah, same mechanic as on YI:B and Picto, right?
Yeah. I don't know if Jigglypuff can do it on Picto but I know she can't on YI. In RC it works perfectly for her since she slides right onto the stage immediatly.

Also, dash attack and other move would probably work, but it wouldn't be of much help since they're not as fast as grab. It'll help against opponents who are anticipating an attack and sheild. It also helps alot since Jigglypuff will be on that ledge alot for planking.

Thats my big idea, I'm gonna cp with RC and plank on the ship until the platform part of the stage comes and then **** em. Just like Meta does in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxzbQdzQS8&feature=channel_video_title

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
OR A DOWN TiLT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9cN95BI_Ng
Waiting for game 2 to go up

Critique please.
Waaaaaaaaaay too agressive for that match-up.

Get the perfect distance from Falco where he can't laser/phantasm camp you but you are too far away to get hit by smashes/tilts/sh aerials/jab/grab and hover around spacing bairs. Don't follow the bairs in unless you can do a safe cross-up or can legitimately combo them together.

You had good use of dair, I'd suggest using it a little more though. Remember that you don't always have to follow it up as well, you can SH dair > retreat > SH dair as pressure until they screw up, then you can follow up.

I loved your first kill and will definitely incorporate that into my game :)

Remember that you can DI Falco's multi-jab behind him > grab/rest, you don't have to DI in front of him.

Hope that helps! :)

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I is not-playing-gay even effective with her xD?

My love for frigate, to camp people out, is starting to grow. Any thoughts about frigate as a cp?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I is not-playing-gay even effective with her xD?

My love for frigate, to camp people out, is starting to grow. Any thoughts about frigate as a cp?
With the New Unity Ruleset out, these are Jiggly's best CPs now.

Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Frigate, Delfino, Brinstar, a place your opponent sucks at.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
@Mink's vid: My advice would be to use some more mixups with drill, since if you get read he gets a grab on you. And try to stay out of his jab. Don't know what else to say :p nice use of Rollout though!
Does Xaltis know the MU? He tried to CG you =P
Who knows the Jigglypuff MU? Like really, she's such a rare character. Pretty much every Falco I've played has tried to CG me at least once. Falco can get the re-grab if Jigglypuff drifts wrong, and dair is guaranteed.

Top Bottom