• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah it's not the best =\

She does have second best aerial control when decelerating though...

Aerial Mobility Boost While Decelerating

1. Mr. Game & Watch (0.07)
2. Jigglypuff (0.05)
3. R.O.B. (0.04)
3. Samus (0.04)
3. Wario (0.04)
6. Kirby (0.03)
7. Bowser (0.01)
7. Captain Falcon (0.01)
7. Charizard (0.01)
7. Donkey Kong (0.01)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im used to uair+fastfall as i main yoshi, but it still works almost as well.

Btw, even though on paper some characters look good and worse, a lot of characters have better options or added ways to pull things off, etc and are better/worse than they look. For example, your aerial deceleration thing, technically, yoshi is only average at this, but when you take into account that he has the best aerial mobility in the game and can wavebounce with up b, which also stalls and throws a projectile, or neutral b, an air grab that has technically the highest priority in the game+great range and grab armor, plus a down b which instantly puts him on the ground and side b that instantly and completely momentum cancels, you'll see that he has overall one of, if not the best aerial movement in the game due to all his little perks he has. So basically what im trying to say is, even though by raw data it says jiggs is second fastest, in reality, she's really not as soon as you add outside factors.

T-block

B2B TST
Yoshi has the top air speed.

Jigglypuff has an aerial deceleration of 0.13 (0.08 base plus the 0.05 bonus listed above). Yoshi has an aerial deceleration of 0.08 (0.07 base plus 0.01 bonus). This means that if Jigglypuff and Yoshi were moving at the same speed horizontally, Jigglypuff would be able to stop sonoer.

When it comes to actual speed though,

1. Yoshi (1.32)
2. Jigglypuff (1.27)

So Yoshi will move faster in the air at top speed, but Jigglypuff will reach her top speed and be able to slow down to zero movement faster than Yoshi can.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I Also use U-air because I'm used to momentum canceling with falco, I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses it, I thought I was doing it wrong and it was making me die quicker >_>
thanks T-block :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But T block, when you factor in the fact that both yoshi's down b and side b instantly momentum cancel, he can technically stop faster, that's it. Also, Yoshi's DJ instantly puts yoshi at top air speed, so acceleration isnt even needed if we do that. But normally, yes, you would be correct, not saying you're wrong or anything :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well he makes up for it by being like, the 8th heaviest in the game and by having a super fast uair that you can fast fall frame 1. :p

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
In regards to momentum Canceling I main Sonic and I'd have to say that his u-air doesn't seem to be the best at that. His b-air on the other hand seems a lot more effective at momentum canceling.
Though I'm sure you all knew that, unless I'm actually wrong. :rolleyes:

Lastly a Jiggly/Sonic question. If both Sonic and Jigglypuff fully charge their rolls (Sonic = spin dash(down-B) and Jiggly = rollout) and hit each other head on who wins?

My guess is Jigglypuff since I'm guessing whoever does the most damage from their move gets priority, which I'd have to say Jigglypuff wins that one. :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I always thought fair was sonic's best for some reason...? But k, I dont play as him.

And I would say probably Jiggs Rollout beats Spin Dash, but the thing is, when I play Puff against X, I never really use that move unless im sandbagging.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No Sonic's spindash beats Rollout, they both have pretty bad priority but Jiggly's is worse. Sonic is one of my secondaries so whenever I play against Jiggs I always use spindash to counter rollout and it always works.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
No Sonic's spindash beats Rollout, they both have pretty bad priority but Jiggly's is worse. Sonic is one of my secondaries so whenever I play against Jiggs I always use spindash to counter rollout and it always works.
Nair beats Spindash though. If Sonic's trolling you with his hit and run spindash technique then just short hop nair all day long. His spindash loses to any part of nair and nair is out for a LONG TIME.
Good to know since I'm somewhat new with Sonic and I don't exactly know what beats what when comparing sonic's moves to other characters' moves.
Thanks. ^_^

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I think spindash beats Rollout most of the time, but I could've sworn I've beaten spindash with Rollout before...maybe only when it's fully charged?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think spindash beats Rollout most of the time, but I could've sworn I've beaten spindash with Rollout before...maybe only when it's fully charged?
Yeah I'm still trying to figure that out myself too. Sometimes I'll try to punish rollout with Spindash but still get hit. It's unlikely but it happens every now and then for some reason.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sonic is pretty reasonable for me when I use Jigglypuff. Yeah, almost always Sonic's spindash will win, factoring out staling, charging priority, etc.

I've been having a lot of appreciation for nair and downwards pound recently. Jump+ Nair always feels like an effective followup after an aerial or during a chase.

Also going to try to start doing B-reverse pounds once in a while to get the distance regular pound doesn't offer sometimes.

Anyone feel Jigglypuff's jab has any promise? I feel it does, especially if I need a quick ground move to disrupt the opponent, after aerials, or to pressure them near the edge.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How does jiggs roll do against yoshi's egg roll? I know sonic's spin dash clanks with it...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't think any two people dumb enough to use those moves in one match have come up yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jiggs' loses, but none of that stuff really even matters since neither would want to use the move, I believe.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah its pretty irrevelent. If a Jiggs saw a Yoshi using Egg roll, Rollout would be like the last thing they'd do to punish it. As for vice versa Yoshi would just pivot grab.

Both rollout and egg roll are pretty much useless in that matchup.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi vs Jiggz is +2 for us anyways, all we have to do is throw eggs, hope you approach and Pivot Grab to a Free UAir. Since Jigglypuff is so light, she's basically at Kill Percentage around 60%
Not Accurate, Just trolling a bit

T-block

B2B TST
Just finished the game 999 for the ds. Anyone else played it? It's gooooooood game.
Nope, but I want to.

The only thing that video had going for it was the quality. I'm not about to watch twelve minutes of wifi "combos".
I know, but some of it was pretty entertaining. =x

Yoshi vs Jiggz is +2 for us anyways, all we have to do is throw eggs, hope you approach and Pivot Grab to a Free UAir. Since Jigglypuff is so light, she's basically at Kill Percentage around 60%
Not Accurate, Just trolling a bit
Umm...yeah that was pretty damn accurate lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I said almost that exact same thing to the other yoshis while discussing the jiggs MU and they all lol'd at me... haha

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That jigglypuff was horrible.

Can Yoshi really grab release to uair? I've been told that it's only near the edge of a stage or platform.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
That vid is kinda entertaining if you look past the fact it's wifi and the opponents aren't very good, Idk, I would love to see a REALLY good jiggs CV.
The only reason I started using jiggs is because I saw Tham's CV

T-block

B2B TST
That jigglypuff was horrible.

Can Yoshi really grab release to uair? I've been told that it's only near the edge of a stage or platform.
Yes he can.

Yoshi always forces the air release unless you manage to break in x frames (super early... I think it's before you're actually in his mouth), so past 50% he's going to land that u-air.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
The best combo video I ever saw was still Meow's. It was the reason I didn't quit her when I lost hope. To bad it got deleted though =(

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
This combo video is what got me into playing Jigglypuff in the first place way back in 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5s0wtzKRA&feature=fvst

It originally had Linkin Park Music tho. It's nothing special now. But back then I didn't know how you were really supposed to play as Jiggs and that pretty much taught me all the nessisary basics about her to play better.
Ohhhhh my god that is the video that made me start playing Puff too o.o

I put on Breaking the Habit when I rewatched >_> It's not the same otherwise.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ohhhhh my god that is the video that made me start playing Puff too o.o

I put on Breaking the Habit when I rewatched >_> It's not the same otherwise.
like literally this combo video made me take the jump from your average casual player to a competitive player. At first I was just a regular 13 year old kid who liked playing Smash Bros and was better than all of his friends. Looked up to see if there was any tournaments and there were, when I went I got my *** handed to me so hard it wasn't even funny. Back then my main character was Mario but I also played a little bit a Jigglypuff. Somebody mentioned me that I should try and play Jiggs more so I did and started practicing, I came across this combo video and afterwards I was able to win tournament matches more and more.

Top Bottom