• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

in the early days

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Does anyone remember how broken samus was/is in 3 player ffa's?
let the 2 other guys duke it out, charge a shot, wait until someone lags, shoot. over and over again. LOL

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'm surprised at the end of my matches, when each player gets their certain accolades, mine didn't say "Item *****". It was like a fever with only one perscription . . .

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
My earliest memory of Melee was playing it with all of my friends at one of my birthday parties. We all thought Mewtwo was the best character and that Marth was cheap.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I played pikachu and Kirpy when first playing.

I stopped playing.

When I started up again, I was into Metroid, so I started playing Samus.

I stuck with it.

Now I'm very knowledgeable about Samus in this community in Smash and in Metroid.

It's been fun.

magikguy

Smash Lord
Hyrule , corneria items on with my cousins . Yes i also stole the cpu combo down grab to shine i thought it was the epic thing to do :(.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ohh, I remember using samus too, cause I knew how to bomb jump, wavedash and missle cancel. xD I thought I was so cool.

Backward

Smash Cadet
>__>

I thought I was beast with Marth.

Smooth Criminal
Same here. I thought I was good at Marth when I chaingrabbed a CPU Fox then F-Air'ed him to an F-Smash. Good days.

I mean, I thought I was as good as M2K because I'd apparently done the same thing he did.

zxeon

Smash Lord
As soon as I unlocked Marth and read his trophy I proceeded to try to unlock all of his power myself despite all my friends thinking Roy was better. Little did I know that there was a whole new world of gameplay waiting for me on the internet.

Foxy

Smash Master
for the first 5 years after melee's release i played casually and mained roy and link. since i didn't know about advanced techs, i just beat all of my friends with careful spacing and roy's ridiculous fsmash.

1-player modes seemed to be so much easier back then! can't mindgame a cpu.

Smash Master
My brother mained Roy. I mained Marth. We used to have arguments over who was better. After that I played Sheik for most of melee. Then I learned advanced techs and went to Fox, then I learned how to Wobble and mained ICs. Now I've come full circle and main Marth. I can't use anybody else because Brawl took all my tech skill.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I played Peach and Gannon XD

I picked up Peach because I thought she wasn't popular (at least none of the scrubs I played with at community college played her).

I didn't dsmash very much to the surprise of my crew members when i first met them.

And I used Gannon's Up B. A lot.

Although that hasn't really changed XD it's an underated move.

unknown522

Some guy
I played pikachu and Kirpy when first playing.

I stopped playing.

When I started up again, I was into Metroid, so I started playing Samus.

I stuck with it.

Now I'm very knowledgeable about Samus in this community in Smash and in Metroid.

It's been fun.
did you do any coreygames on anyone?

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
When my brother and I started playing melee, we used to argue all the time about whether fox or falco was the better character. We didn't even know how to shorthop back then.

Now he is awesome at shine-spiking and waveshining, and I can piller like no tomorrow.

We still argue about whether fox or falco is the better character. (Fun arguing though, not the mean kind)

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
played with my cousin and friend alot, we always used shiek and fox.... was fun....

Yimyo

Smash Rookie
i mained kirby for like the 1st 5 min and switched to marth o.o lots of rolls and f smash

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
in the early days of smash, i used to pick hyrule temple with marth and constantly up B people in the air at lighning speed and I thought it was broken, just like his fair. Fire Emblem music must be playing, as it's better than regular hyrule music.

i also mained mewtwo first two years of melee, fun fact!

wut did U all do?
lmao, we gotta try this next time im over

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I mained sheik and fought the fox of my friend on Final Destination without techniques (unless you call Sheik's sideB to edgeguard a technique). Pretty much what I still do now, only with different people and with techniques.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mained everyone. :D I used Falco a lot but didn't even know you could jump out of a shine until like 2 years ago. My friend used G&W all the time and referred to his B attack as "sausage throw" for some reason... I remember maining Captain Falcon for at least 2 or 3 years and thought his forward smash was the ****.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
me and my friend used to play fox dittos (not knowing how good fox is)
and we thought it was a crazy mindgame to run full speed at one another, full hop, then airdodge backwards.

lmao tooo good

edit: i thought illusion was the best/fastest attack ever

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
my main tactic was, with samus,

spam charge shot
roll behind the enemy and dmash them

Top Bottom