• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Of course he was trolling lmao
I mean yeah I get the whole "it's hard to tell when people are being serious on the internet cause it's harder to convey tone" but...like **** man, sometimes you just have to stop and think

Seriously
Who on this entire ****ing planet
Would EVER
EVER
Put together a stream like that

Sound from 2 different games at the same time? Listening to up to 4 different commentators at the same time? Up to 8 players on the screen at the same time?

**** man, give ESC and the IMPULSE staff some credit. They're not ******** lmao

swordgard

Smash Hero
Of course he was trolling lmao
I mean yeah I get the whole "it's hard to tell when people are being serious on the internet cause it's harder to convey tone" but...like **** man, sometimes you just have to stop and think

Seriously
Who on this entire ****ing planet
Would EVER
EVER
Put together a stream like that

Sound from 2 different games at the same time? Listening to up to 4 different commentators at the same time? Up to 8 players on the screen at the same time?

**** man, give ESC and the IMPULSE staff some credit. They're not ******** lmao
To quote some famous scientist:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Swordgard of like 2010 would win this tournament with ease

to the time machine!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
About parking: tin man says to park at housing. There's no parking at the venue apparently.

If you guys have problems (which people definitely will), contact tin man.

:phone:
This is the official word on parking? Are you serious?

Just an FYI, the Michigan car is housing about half an hour away from the venue. Surely you guys can produce a better answer than that.

Mprime

Smash Ace
This is the official word on parking? Are you serious?

Just an FYI, the Michigan car is housing about half an hour away from the venue. Surely you guys can produce a better answer than that.
The message was indirect which is why tin says contact him directly

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I know there's paid public parking at bay & dundas, which isn't too far a walk from the venue, but downtown parking is expensive as ****... dunno if that helps or if there's closer public parking :(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
As it turns out I donated $10 to the Melee pot.

Checking out an apartment >>>>>>> tourney.

Sorry guys.

Got larger priorities than Smash.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I feel so underrated. I'm taking top 5 this tourney, no exceptions.

And for all you Pit mains out there...

gonna work more magic for you guys until I'm top 5. <3 for you bbys.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^^ totally definitely must be the absolutestly most enduringly accurate and reliable response ever passed along lol

I guess you're not going?

Also, to juggleguy and others driving:
on: http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/pri...p1t2:neg;ws=&gclid=CIbDobiJ87ACFUgDQAodCzx_Gg

there's a part that says parking is 23hrs/day... hopefully that works out? kinda pricey >_> esp with venue fee and crap but well it is downtown toronto....

Hopefully tinman confirms >_> without having to have others quote with uncertainty lol

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sooooooo I arrive to the YYZ airport at midnight

Is the venue walking distance? I forget who is housing me.
No, not even close. There is transit that can take you downtown though, and you should be able to walk from there. (provided you know where to go)

Is anybody picking up Croi this morning? I landed about half an hour ago and I'm trying to figure out if I should be waiting for him or not. :x

:005:

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
lmao, obviously I was joking about the stream before. I imagine there will be two streams, one for each game. Or one alternating between games every hour, and showing QF and up for both games.

Monk I hope you been practicing dubs!

& Croi, I'm glad you're coming out to this man, really underrated and slick Wario

tha_carter

Smash Ace
http://parking.greenp.com/parking-info/carpark-info/79_405-sherbourne-street.html

That's your best parking option (safe/2mins walk/5.50min-$13.50 max). You can't park at the hotel unless you have a room.

Its the long weekend so all the cheaper/ street parking will be gone. Besides, I wouldnt advise out of towners to risk it.

Cheapest option is to park (for free) at a station (downsview/yorkdale/islington/Scarborough Centre)
and just take the subway there. (30-40 mins/$3) Tourney is 5 mins walk east of yonge/college station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom