• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
tickets aren't much, sell something toronto is cheap for tickets compared to fenway lol. is a boston fan :3

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
i wanna sit out near center field tho i dunno what you would think about that? I wanna be able to get a homerun ball x3 so anywher ein the outfield really.

Bing

Smash Master
Left Field would be best then because the average batter hits right, meaning the average hit is going into left field. Im game for that because those seats are cheaper.

For those who are interested, game starts at 7:07 pm!

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
i wanted to see Pujols and this is a once in a life time chance for me :D so yeah if you wanna go lets make plans!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You never answered Fatal's question Tinman.

what about people who arent havent registered and show up at the door? Ie like half of our scene including me.
Ideally we want people to register a week before so we don't have to run into problems the day of.

How accurate can we expect the 10pm Sunday ending time to be? It's important for the MI carpool's decision to either stay that last night or drive back home.
I'd say like Unknown said. Prepare for the worst. You're housing should be open on Sunday night iirc :).

Just so that people get a clear understanding I'm going to post up on a few things.

1. I made a post in this thread earlier on detailing the price increase and the registration end date approximately 2 months ago. I will not say that the end date was determined when the site went up or anything, but it has always been said that online registration was mandatory.

2. I'm somewhat shocked that people are having money issues. The tournament was announced with a little over 5 month notice. So for people to not have money when they planned to go really astounds me. The 5 month notice should have been plenty of notice to budget for.

3. Pre-Registration is absolutely necessary given the stakes that are at hand here.

a. The venue is a hotel. Hotel's don't take s*** lol. They're expensive and they need to be prepaid BEFORE THE EVENT.

b. This event has been planed to be big. If it wasn't planned to be big then it wouldn't be. This is not Apex sure, but it never will be Apex, surpass Apex, or even be anything close to Apex if it wasn't planned to be big. Standards need to be set for majors. It's been said before that a pre-registration page is necessary. That among other things like a sophisticated venue and top players from outside the region. This isn't possible if it isn't anticipated for, if it isn't prepared for. We're not going from the approach of "let's start small then go big if it gets big" we're doing a "this is big so we're gonna plan it as if it where big" approach.

c. I seriously don't know why people are complaining about the numbers at the event. So far there's at least 80 ppl registered between both games. The number didn't come anything close to this until the price increase. before there was maybe 20-30 ppl. With the registration ending, ppl will register 4 sure. Apex went from iirc 303 to 397 in it's last day. It's not gonna stay at the numbers we see now lol. They will drastically increase!

4. Having to deal with a large sum of people at the door of a HOTEL is unfavourable to the venue and the hosts. Who knows how many sign ups we'll have to go through. Especially with the capcom games being allowed to register the day of already.

Patches

Smash Master
K Tinman I'll text you at some point and maybe we can negotiate

Edit: how much are tickets? Maybe I'll come to impulse for friendlies and go to the jays game instead. LOL
:phone:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
List of MM'S
Ally - $50
Holy - $50
Tinman - $50
Cruxis - $50
V115 - $? 4got how much:urg:
Anyone else want to mm? with these character's :mario2: :luigi2: :yoshi2: :toonlink: :popo: :fox: :lucas:

still need a partner :(
D3 vs Mario.
D3 vs Luigi.
Falco vs Yoshi.
Falco vs TLink.

Bo3 Each, Character Locked, Money depends how much food money I have. I won't go above $5, however.

Bo3/5.

MPrime. Don't think I haven't forgot our Pikachu vs Marth MM from RoS.

I'll be accepting Mm's depending on how much food money I have.
Budget my money, I do.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Mark how about you respond to your pm from cruxis he's been assking me about it like every day

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so for those who care and are interested. Me and Tom8er are going to see the Los Angeles Angels play the Toronto Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. Game starts at 7:07. Were meeting up at roughly 6. They also currently have a deal on Friday night games.

For only $39, you get your 200 Level Outfield ticket and the food and beverages of your choice. Take as many trips to the buffet as you like for the first seven innings. Food quantities will be limited from the eighth inning on.
Menu choices include: Lesters Grand Slam Combo

Lesters Hot Dogs†
Nachos
Popcorn
Peanuts
Apples
Chips
Soft Drinks

† Veggie dogs available upon request – enquire upon entry

So just let me know if you're interested in joining us, were going regardless.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well it's official I CANNOT attend this. I am really sorry tinman, but the date is just not good for someone flying standby. All the flights are pretty much booked for EVERYWHERE since school is out + canada long weekend. I am really sorry to Asa as well since we planned on teaming like several months ago :/. I guess my $100 stipend will go to BigD now, who is confirmed to go. I hope that $100 makes the trip less of a big deal for you and now you better be the WC Canada hero!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well it's official I CANNOT attend this. I am really sorry tinman, but the date is just not good for someone flying standby. All the flights are pretty much booked for EVERYWHERE since school is out + canada long weekend. I am really sorry to Asa as well since we planned on teaming like several months ago :/. I guess my $100 stipend will go to BigD now, who is confirmed to go. I hope that $100 makes the trip less of a big deal for you and now you better be the WC Canada hero!
Lame. =[ I was looking forward to watching you make up for RoS. On the plus side though, I know Dawson will really appreciate having the stipend.

100$? Did I miss something lmfao... Should only be 40$ if its from my Circuit...
Phoenix Brawl 7 Thead said:
Phoenix Brawl 7 is apart of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the person from BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba that places the highest in singles at Phoenix Brawl 7 will be awarded $100 to help them show up to IMPULSE.
This is a direct quote from what Tin Man gave to me to put in the OP for the tournament thread. I'm not sure where $40 is coming from, but myself and everybody who attended Phoenix 7 missed something if that's the actual figure.

Edit: Link to the thread for convenience.

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master

I will make you proud.

How does one go about collecting the stipend?

Bing

Smash Master
Lame. =[ I was looking forward to watching you make up for RoS. On the plus side though, I know Dawson will really appreciate having the stipend.

This is a direct quote from what Tin Man gave to me to put in the OP for the tournament thread. I'm not sure where $40 is coming from, but myself and everybody who attended Phoenix 7 missed something if that's the actual figure.

Edit: Link to the thread for convenience.

:005:
Okay well I dont know what the hell Tin Man told you, but The Impulse Circuit, and the money going to the players is coming from me. The stipend is exactly this; Entrance to both singles and doubles of the players respective event(If they wont it at a brawl tournament, then brawl singles and doubles) as well as Venue fee. This totals a value of 40$.

I'll message tin in regards to this matter... immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom