• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches

Smash Master
I'm not going to this. Cruxis, I'm sorry we won't able to team.

But I'm sorry, this just seems like its going to be a gigantic flop. There is no need for a circuit, if no one plans on going to Canada.

Honestly, I don't see anymore than 50 people going to this.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Shuddup Ian this is not a giant flop.

OKAY OKAY OKAY. My bad guys

Tin failed to mention to me that he was putting out that Stipend for 100$'s. So when I saw a stipend being given away worth 100$. I got confused because I thought only my stipends were going around.

Yes there is a 100$ stipend which I guess Big D is now getting?

Patches

Smash Master
There's legit, no hype for brawl. Especially with YoshQ and Alphicans both dropping out pretty well on the same day.

Honestly, I think they date was poorly chosen. The hotel is gonna be MAD expensive, same with the airlines because it's Canada day weekend. If this was pushed back even two weeks, and assuming there's no other big tournaments happening, I think this could have gotten a lot bigger.

But whatever, that's my opinion. To everyone who goes, I hope you all have a great time.

Bing

Smash Master
Yes Alpha and YoshQ did drop but you're forgetting we still have our locals tops as well as Will, Salem,dabuz, Mr.R, Ally, Holy and other fantastic players coming to this.

People are looking at things too critically, I mean, sure 2 people dropped while we still have a fairly top heavy and stiff competition coming at you on Canada Day.

Patches

Smash Master
I still stand by my words.

And I know you for one, can understand this Bing. But I'd much rather be out celebrating Canada Day, than sitting in a hot room filled with sweaty men.

Bing

Smash Master
I still stand by my words.

And I know you for one, can understand this Bing. But I'd much rather be out celebrating Canada Day, than sitting in a hot room filled with sweaty men.

I can for sure respect that Patches, I mean I personally love going out and drinking and doing stupid ****. So in a sense, I agree I would love to go out and hangout with friends, have some drinks and set fireworks off(HOLY **** WE NEED FIREWORKS FOR SUNDAY NIGHT) But Im even more pumped for this :)

Patches

Smash Master
One last point, that goes directly to Tinman. If you wanted a tournament with more Americans, choose a weekend that won't **** their wallets next time. Everything is already more expensive for them to come here since our dollar is higher. Why would you choose a weekend where everything pretty well doubles in price?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
So I'm all set with everything for this event except for housing. Anyway someone can help me figure this out? First time going OOC and I'd rather not pay for the hotel if I can avoid it

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Patches idk what tournament you're reading up on, but I am reading the tournament that has mango, m2k, ally, mr-r, salem, silentwolf, kage, vwins etc etc confirmed.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
With Dissention this Saturday.
And SRT in August.

Some are saving up for either those two Tournaments.
Some are going to Dissention and Here, apparently.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
lol no TO joe, no googs, no patches, no gi, no iliad. this is gonna be the lamest ***** tourney ever.

zinoto $10 MM bo5??

anyone else up for MMS??? that is the only reason for me to go to this now at this point

I want to MM as much canada as possible to pay for my bus ticket lol. Oh and to meet everyone of course

$10 MM bo5??

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Cruxis, and Blackgold you too have soo many MM's I hope you both lose them all just for the lulz :3 <3

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
but then you will win one and my hopes and dreams will be crushed.
Maybe for like $2 or something lame. I already forget everyone i already challenged and im too lazy to go find my post with them all saved in.

Ask me at the venue depending on how much i've already spend in TO i might play more MM's. I still needa make my budget up for this dang trip.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I'm not going to this. Cruxis, I'm sorry we won't able to team.

But I'm sorry, this just seems like its going to be a gigantic flop. There is no need for a circuit, if no one plans on going to Canada.

Honestly, I don't see anymore than 50 people going to this.

I think you're being overly negative. People like Trela are coming to this because there was a circuit...

There's legit, no hype for brawl. Especially with YoshQ and Alphicans both dropping out pretty well on the same day.

Honestly, I think they date was poorly chosen. The hotel is gonna be MAD expensive, same with the airlines because it's Canada day weekend. If this was pushed back even two weeks, and assuming there's no other big tournaments happening, I think this could have gotten a lot bigger.

But whatever, that's my opinion. To everyone who goes, I hope you all have a great time.

We'll see about no hype for Brawl. I'm continuously working on several different players, getting them to come, as well as continuously working on sponsors. I've been able to get Luckay4Lyphe and Logic to come, on top of Dabuz, Mr.R, MJG, San, Will, Trela, Zinoto, etc.

And hotel expenses don't apply to anyone except me since I'm paying for the venue.

One last point, that goes directly to Tinman. If you wanted a tournament with more Americans, choose a weekend that won't **** their wallets next time. Everything is already more expensive for them to come here since our dollar is higher. Why would you choose a weekend where everything pretty well doubles in price?

Because I figured that the weekend would give people an easier time to get here since people would have a day off (typically it gets pushed to Monday if it's on the weekend). There are also more attractions available to show the people who are foreign to Toronto.

This has proven to be a rather tough situation in some cases and I do agree that the prices of several modes of transportation have been drastically increased for this holiday. This is a mistake on my part, but at this point I have 2 options. Get depressed and cry myself to sleep, or turn my weaknesses into my strengths and host an amazing tournament.

Registration has been extended to the day of but if you still choose not to go then you'll be missing out on quite the experience imo.

lol no TO joe, no googs, no patches, no gi, no iliad. this is gonna be the lamest ***** tourney ever.
Yes you're probably joking but this is still negative energy which just isn't needed :(. Please keep things like this to yourself :).

Cruxis

Smash Lord
$5 :yoshi2: vs. :diddy:?

Cruxis, I'll MM you too for $5. Not sure who I'll feel like playing though. (I just like the Yoshi/Diddy MU)

:005:
sure

anyone else for MMs?? ill mm anyone except olis

MMs:

$50 vs MPrime
$50 vs blacktwins
$20 vs V115
$10 vs Meek
$10-20 vs DDM
$5 vs bing
$5 Firefly

my conditions are always Bo5, character locked, japanese stagelist, unless we agree on otherwise.
also i have to use my snake texture.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Tin Man I have a suggestion for the Brawl CAN vs US Crew battle. How about you do it so that only people who didn't make Pro Bracket can join the crews. This may make the skill level a bit more even, since one of the main complaints was that Canada will get completely destroyed in the crew battle.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Mario (me) vs Olimar (tinman) $? Bo ??
Luigi (me) vs DK (Mar1) $5 Bo??
Luigi/MK (Me) vs GnW (Patches) Toonie Bo3
Luigi or MK (me) vs Olimar (Asa) $5 Bo3
Luigi (Me) vs V115 (Zss) $5 Bo3

Those are my MMs so far but patches ain't going now soo I guess I have room for a few more if ppl ask at the venue.

*remember to withdrawal money*

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Tin Man I have a suggestion for the Brawl CAN vs US Crew battle. How about you do it so that only people who didn't make Pro Bracket can join the crews. This may make the skill level a bit more even, since one of the main complaints was that Canada will get completely destroyed in the crew battle.
I'm not entering Brawl though >.>

I'd want in on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom