• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Nothing wrong with the payouts really, 2% difference than 48% oh no it's like +20 dollars or less.

IMO, wait till Reg is done, then if payouts needs to be changed, change em

Where is Michigan housing?

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of registration, tin what happens if some people dont reg online but they still show? They still cant join? You better makrle that clear lol because from the list on the site, a lot of people from our scene arent even on there

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Speaking of registration, tin what happens if some people dont reg online but they still show? They still cant join? You better makrle that clear lol because from the list on the site, a lot of people from our scene arent even on there

I noticed that lmfao. Its like more out of towners then locals lmfao

Bing

Smash Master
Okay Fine

I just stood up and yelled across the room to come to my smash tournament in two weeks.

Considering all but 3 people I work with are and or practically seniors, it didnt go well.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Tin, about setups.
What happens if somebody wants to go home before the day 'ends', in terms of brawl/melee/whatever game they're playing. eg if the tournament runs late and someone needs to be home at a certain time. They can just take their setup home (and bring it in again the following morning for day 1), right?

Edit: By setup I mean console. I don't think any TVs are going to be misplaced XD

Patches

Smash Master
You never answered Fatal's question Tinman.

what about people who arent havent registered and show up at the door? Ie like half of our scene including me.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Hey something came up and my mom wont be able to pick me up Sunday at anytime after 5 so would anyone from Durham have room in their car to drive me home to Ajax on Sunday night? My Mom says she would be able to pay for gas if you'd be going out of your way. If anyone can that would be great (alternatively, if nobody can drive me home if you could help me figure out the subway route from the Venue back to Ajax that would work as well)

Thanks so much for anyone that can! :D

Mprime

Smash Ace
Blackgold, whitby takes the same train that goes to ajax. Lol whitby is the stop right after ajax so if yah wna tag with us we can guide yah home no problem

Bing

Smash Master
Registration is closing on the 25th so we have time to make the pools and everything so I doubt it to be honest so please, register. Also, for those who don't have A credit card and are johning about that, you can always get a prepaid one or borrow a friends.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
How accurate can we expect the 10pm Sunday ending time to be? It's important for the MI carpool's decision to either stay that last night or drive back home.

unknown522

Some guy

dont bother with brawl crews man. complete and utter waste of time. we got ****ed up at RoS with mk legal and ally, holy, and joe all participating, now those 3 arent participating and mk is banned. from what i remember no one on USA crew used MK, while 4/5 of us did

why dont we just bend over backwards and let the americans sautee our anuses us while covering drowning the sounds of us screaming **** really loud with the star spangled banner
lol kurtis in that pic.

@ juggleguy: dunno. I'll try to do my part, but honestly I think you should prepare in case

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Registration is closing on the 25th so we have time to make the pools and everything so I doubt it to be honest so please, register. Also, for those who don't have A credit card and are johning about that, you can always get a prepaid one or borrow a friends.

Thats still a very poor form of organization, forcing people to register online and only ambiguously making it clear within the last few weeks. IIRC you could pay upfront at apex which was way bigger than this. RoS had a huge turnout, the same if not more than this, but we still regged upfront, still did crews, and still finished smoothly and on time.
I dont think you guys have once flat out said "you are not allowed to register up front" you just ambiguously hint at it. Make the ***** message clear.
I mean for ****s sake even the schedule says 10-12 registration, so a lot of people ESPECIALLY people who dont come on swf will think they can pay upfront!

You have to make this online BS clear from day one, not a few weeks before the tourney.

Closing registration will only hurt your tournament, this is not a ***** university, you dont need to close registration. Its a 2 day event you have plenty of time to make pools and organize it accordingly and allow people to pay upfront.

Thats just my opinion tho man you can do whatever the **** you wanna do

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You couldn't pay upfront at apex, mark was at apex and couldn't join

Patches

Smash Master
This isn't Apex. Honestly I don't even k ow if I'll be going to this or not. And Tinman already knows my seed and what not so if by some miracle I can make it, I'm **** out of luck because I didn't register unlike 50 other people?

I don't even give a **** if I got death pooled, I'd still probably at least get 2nd seed. But whatever.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
RoS had about.. 52 Entrants for Singles.
As of now. Impulse has a meager.. 44 in Singles.
However if everyone for Brawl entered Singles, we'd have 51.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If there's open registration then there will be a lot of no shows which would screw up the pools. Holy **** why is it so hard to just commit to going a week in advance? Smashers are such spoiled brats sometimes.

Bing

Smash Master
I don't even understand why you guys are trippin, its said since day one that registration closes on June 25th. How difficult is that to grasp? Furthermore, when we decided to have registration close on the 25th, we were preparing for the worst in that a ton of people could attend. I agree that the number of entrants hasn't hit what we were projecting exactly, doesn't help that like 50% of our locals haven't registered. There's still time left and I mean look at apex as an example if you want, within the last two days, the number of players attending went up by roughly 50 for both melee and brawl.

Thank you nintendude, you know what's up :-)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
honestly this is a 2 days event. If reg was allowed at the door (with a higher fee cuz rlly its easy to reg online, excuses are barely acceptable unless ur the brokest motha ****a in this planet) it wouldnt screw up the tournament that bad, we can prob run this tournament in one day with the reg ppl atm.

Up to tinman and whoever is taking over reg but people shouldnt be ****ting on them. Too much hate

Bing

Smash Master
We wanted to make it a 2 day event to ensure plenty of time to make everything run smoothly while still allowing time for friendlies and all that jazz. Regardless, I'm glad some people understand why were running it the way we are :-)

Mprime

Smash Ace
Lol even my girlfriend knows we have to register before the 25th. Only viable reason to sign up at doors IMO is patches.

edit: so you know how you can get infractions for really stupid stuff well check this one out guys

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums
Dear Mprime,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14589616

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to original post: First Post

I have a blog?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

edit:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Thats still a very poor form of organization, forcing people to register online and only ambiguously making it clear within the last few weeks. IIRC you could pay upfront at apex which was way bigger than this. RoS had a huge turnout, the same if not more than this, but we still regged upfront, still did crews, and still finished smoothly and on time.
I dont think you guys have once flat out said "you are not allowed to register up front" you just ambiguously hint at it. Make the ***** message clear.
I mean for ****s sake even the schedule says 10-12 registration, so a lot of people ESPECIALLY people who dont come on swf will think they can pay upfront!

You have to make this online BS clear from day one, not a few weeks before the tourney.

Closing registration will only hurt your tournament, this is not a ***** university, you dont need to close registration. Its a 2 day event you have plenty of time to make pools and organize it accordingly and allow people to pay upfront.

Thats just my opinion tho man you can do whatever the **** you wanna do

You're right the website should have had it noted somewhere, but this has been here in the thread since the day the website went live.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
List of MM'S
Ally - $50 :yoshi2: vs :snake:
Holy - $50 :yoshi2: vs :rob:
Tinman - $50 :yoshi2: vs :olimar:
Cruxis - $50 :yoshi2: vs :snake:
V115 - $20 :yoshi2: vs :zerosuitsamus:
Poke - $5 :mario2: vs :dedede: / $5 :yoshi2: vs :falco: / $5 :toonlink: vs :falco:( no way am i doing that luigi vs ddd bull )
Anyone else want to mm? with these character's :mario2: :luigi2: :yoshi2: :toonlink: :popo: :fox: :lucas:
Also are there any top yoshi's or ic's coming? i would definitely like to mm a great yoshi
still need a partner. would anyone want to team up with me? :(

to those i mm'd also, il agree to urc and apex ruleset. maybe the ordinary ruleset but we'll c :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom