• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So Tinman, I noticed that Brawl and Melee pools are going to be at the same time. For players entering both Brawl and Melee (so far the attendees page has six registered for both), what are you going to be doing so that they don't hold up the pools?

I probably worded that really stupidly but I'm working on 6 hours of sleep so far this weekend so idgaf

Bing

Smash Master
Pfft I'm in Montreal and Ive slept five hours on a wooden table with no blankets lol.

No but its easy, just play through one games matches(I'd advise melee first having done this myself) then do the others.

:phone:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Pfft I'm in Montreal and Ive slept five hours on a wooden table with no blankets lol.

No but its easy, just play through one games matches(I'd advise melee first having done this myself) then do the others.

Why Melee first? Is it because it's a faster game and I don't play campy characters in Melee while I do in Brawl?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well, it looks like there are two distinct waves for Brawl and Melee pools. I'd think the TOs are smart enough to separate things so that all the Brawl+Melee players are playing one game during the first wave and the other game during the next wave.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
VENUE FEE GOES UP TONIGHT AT 11:59:59 PM BY $10 SO REGISTER IF YOU CAN!

www.smashimpulse.com

So Tinman, I noticed that Brawl and Melee pools are going to be at the same time. For players entering both Brawl and Melee (so far the attendees page has six registered for both), what are you going to be doing so that they don't hold up the pools?

I probably worded that really stupidly but I'm working on 6 hours of sleep so far this weekend so idgaf
This is your answer vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Well, it looks like there are two distinct waves for Brawl and Melee pools. I'd think the TOs are smart enough to separate things so that all the Brawl+Melee players are playing one game during the first wave and the other game during the next wave.
Yeah, there are 2 separate waves of pools to prevent this problem :).

Cruxis

Smash Lord
how the fuck does someone register if they dont have paypal?
especially someone who is out of country? I have no choice but to pay up front. It effectively screws over me and anyone in the same position.

also dont feed us the shit that the venue needs extra money. for fuck's sake the venue fee is already $20. this venue increase is bullshit and i know for a fact that someone is just going to pocket that extra fee.
not necessarily you tin, but someone is.

either way i will be pissed beyond belief if you dont let me pay up front because i dont have a choice, lmao $50 for a ***** tourney i must be out of my ***** mind but w/e man.

Windrose

Smash Lord
You can use a pre paid credit card if you do not own a credit card.

You do not need a pay pal account to register. I just registered and did not have a paypal account

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Actually i am an illegal immigrant and was caught and deported back to egypt. Thats why my visits are so short and i use my fake name, alexander, to keep me safe

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Hey Tin, think you can re-register me with doubles and I'll just give you the extra ten in person at the next Melee tourney (or if I randomly bump into you at Wendy's lol).

I don't have any money in my PayPal so if you refund me I won't have enough.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Hey Tin, think you can re-register me with doubles and I'll just give you the extra ten in person at the next Melee tourney (or if I randomly bump into you at Wendy's lol).

I don't have any money in my PayPal teammate in mind so if you refund me I reg now what happens if I won't have enough someone to team with?.
pay me then I'll add u in :p.
when's the last day people (like me) can do that?

Halp tin man?
what went wrong?

Vwins

Smash Ace
mmmm so since I won STYC3 I have a 40$ discount for impulse right? so how does it work do i still have to register by paypall and you give me 40$ at the tourny?

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
hey fellas, i wanna MM every single person i can except if u main olimar then get the *** out my face

my MM list:

$50 vs mprime :snake: :metaknight:
$50 vs blacktwins :snake: :yoshi:
$20 vs V115 :snake: :zerosuitsamus:
$5 vs ian :snake: :gw:
$5 vs ian :snake: :pikachu:
$5 vs ian :wolf: :gw:
$10 vs meek :snake: :sonic:

my conditions are Bo5, japanese stagelist, MK banned, unless we state otherwise.
whoevers down let me know and get at me at tourney, impulse will be my first time playing brawl in 4 months and im going to be slightly intoxicated so really youll be at an advantage lool
il agree with the conditions:smirk::smirk:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Dear Quebec: please see if anyone can pick me up on the way to Toronto! According to google maps, it would be a 1hr detour. If not, that's fine. I'm not sure how I could make it back in time for work on Monday, anyway...

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Will:
Glad you're coming to this man.
Not sure for how much, but let's def do some MMs
DK v DK
Snake v DK

Really wish you'd asked for a partner earlier, DK bro lol

Cruxis said:
infiniteV115 said:
Though the $40 from Cruxis and Blacktwins should cover me
if youre so confident lets make it $50 bro
V is legit man, I'd be a little less confident on this one
Hit me up @ the venue about a MM as well

I'll be broke as **** after paying for tuition just before this, but I should be able to scrap up some $ for other MMs

Needs more DK crew battle btw

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol so Cruxis, my MMs use the Unity stagelist and yours use the japanese stagelist apparently.

How about we go with the happy medium and use the Apex stagelist? (Unity stagelist, but without Brinstar, RC and PS2, and 5 starters instead of 7)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Cruxis you *****. No mm vs my falco? U scurred u scurrrd

Still need a partner btw
since when do you MM? everytime i asked you said no fgt

$50 MM Bo5 jpn stage list :snake: vs :falco: come at me bro

V is legit man, I'd be a little less confident on this one
Hit me up @ the venue about a MM as well
me and V are 1-1 so far, tie breaker will sure to be great man

Lol so Cruxis, my MMs use the Unity stagelist and yours use the japanese stagelist apparently.

How about we go with the happy medium and use the Apex stagelist? (Unity stagelist, but without Brinstar, RC and PS2, and 5 starters instead of 7)
thats fine. but you wanna raise it to 50 or what son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom