• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A lot of Brawl players tend to be younger than the Melee players too, so that tends to be a factor too.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
it actually surprises me (dunno why) how young the brawl players are like at first i thought yall were the same age as me or older

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm always getting surprised myself that even I'm older than a lot of Brawl players.

And I only turn 20 at the end of the month.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Brawl and Melee are getting equal love at this <3

I kinda wish there was a bagged milk company that we could tour in now to watch how we make bagged milk xD.

And yo sinister! We gotta play since I missed u when I reached WC :o.

:phone:
Yo tin i can give a personal demonstration, get me a bag and some milk and I'll show everyone how (I've seen it done before :$, but was in 20L bags haha same **** tho)

WHy are there sooo many luigi's now! Stop trolling Zhao I blame you for this!

I've been using luigi since before I knew Zhao existed as a human being. Then I found out he used Luigi and thought this makes luigi way cooler imma def use him forever.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I used Luigi for a while before getting into competitive Brawl because it's freaking Luigi.

Seriously, I shouldn't have to explain why Luigi is cool.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
^ This man understand, I've been thinking of learning falco but **** it Luigi's up B will always come through <3 If not I used luigi so I can character john :3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
got my passport, so it's now realistically possible for me to come to this.

my only problem is that I don't think I can take ANY days off of work at all, since we're only allowed one week of vaca in the summer, which I need to use for Japan. If I can use a personal day also along with the one week, makes things easier.

top tier teammates go

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, remember how we kept making those jokes and comments about bagged milk?

Well, get this. My mom goes grocery shopping early this morning, comes back home with bagged CEREAL. WTF

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Where in Toronto will I be going is the question.
Downtown basically Getting out on the street at Spadina station walking south to A&C gaming.
If you're still having trouble use google maps.

Oh no wait I found their card here google this:

706 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON M5S 2J2
(Just south of Spadina Station)

Tel/Fax: (416) 923-3066

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
They also Have Email: sales@acgamesonline.com

The store will be on your right side you can't miss it they are next to a post office......and did I mention the Jewish community center? I don't think I did but I just wanted to mention that I don't know why but yeah I guess I find it a weird place to put it.

If there are anymore questions on locations I will try to answer.

Patches

Smash Master
After RoS, I wanna do reeeeally well at this. Hardcore training time go!

Edit: cruxis, if you still wanna team for this, I'm down. But in case we decide to mix it up, anybody wanna team?

:phone:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Welcome, Cruxis. Your Notifications: 1

man i already know this is an infraction before i even look at it. ****.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
need a teammate for this too

im not usually as ****ty as i was at RoS

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
lol okay...

so there was this tournament...probably about 3 years ago now. i think it was one of the Only in Niagara series. it was in the middle of the winter. toronto winters are pretty cold already, but niagara winters are even worse.

europhoria (that was "mike")'s plan, which we all agreed to, was to take a GO bus to niagara late at night (really cheap) and hang around in some place that was open all night until morning (i.e. tim hortons), when we could use local transit or get a drive to the tourney. we forgot that niagara is relatively rural compared to toronto and, what do you know, there were no all-night open places. we even walked by a hospital that appeared to be closed.

we wandered around in a pseudo-blizzard for a while, got food at a pizza pizza, stayed there until it closed at about 4 am, then went back outside and couldn't find anything else.

eventually i suggested we give up and go to the bank...the area with the ATMs was left open all night. we hung around there, sitting on the floor and talking (none of us were tired really) until a tim hortons opened up around 8 am. at one point a homeless guy came in then left...i guess we took his spot =/

the tournament was good overall but i was dead tired at this point, and running on basically no food. i chipped in on a pizza but someone took part of my share and i only got to eat one slice. also i remember KK brought a tv, and while we were waiting outside the venue in the cold for someone to get there with a key, it must have gotten frozen inside or something...when he went in and plugged it in, it made this incredible...screaming, electronic noise. then it never turned on again.

that night we left...niko_k said there would be local transit to take us back to the bus station, running as late as when we left the venue. it wasn't. after standing around in the absurdly cold cold for about half an hour we gave up and called a cab. it took us the bus station.

little did we know, there was a blizzard in toronto, and the bus that was supposed to pick us up didn't come. the station itself was closed past like 11 pm, so we had no way of finding this out. other buses kept coming for a while so we had reason to assume ours would eventually. around 3 am, after we had been waiting for about 2-3 hours (LONGEST 2-3 HOURS OF MY LIFE) i told the other two i was pretty sure i was minutes away from getting frostbite on my feet and we should go back to the bank. even after 22 years of canadian winters, that night in niagara was by far the coldest i've ever been. it wasn't even windy or snowing, just quiet and cold as ****.

none of us wanted to, but at least it had that warm, warm heater...this time a different homeless had taken our spot from the previous night, so we waited in the area just after you walk in the door. thankfully, lanowen called his dad, who drove all the way to niagara, picked us up, and drove us back. i was going on about 48 hours of no sleep and no food at this point so i pretty much collapsed in the back seat. i'm so glad he had a phone and someone to call...dunno what we would have done otherwise.

and that was my worst tournament experience ever :bee: but at least it makes for a good story.

Really cool story Idea <3

That sounds like it sucked but at the same time, its beautiful: when people ask you why you got so good, just say that story. You'd go to any length to play this game, and have gone through utter **** without losing your determination...

Note: I had to go through a very similar thing with Greyhound before tho yours sounds even worse

idea

Smash Master
Really cool story Idea <3

That sounds like it sucked but at the same time, its beautiful: when people ask you why you got so good, just say that story. You'd go to any length to play this game, and have gone through utter **** without losing your determination...

Note: I had to go through a very similar thing with Greyhound before tho yours sounds even worse
yeah, ouch, that's pretty bad too =/ at least for me it didn't end up costing extra. unless i bought a 2-way ticket...can't remember now.

haha, the three of us didn't even talk to each other, it was too cold for conversation.

Asa

Smash Hero
V115, i'd love to do some doubles friendlies teaming with you, i got a ness ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom