• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'll do my best to make it. I've heard rumors of firefly and some qualifier junky thing, so If I can win that I'll be set.

Will probably depend on whether or not i get a job lol.

idea

Smash Master
lol okay...

so there was this tournament...probably about 3 years ago now. i think it was one of the Only in Niagara series. it was in the middle of the winter. toronto winters are pretty cold already, but niagara winters are even worse.

europhoria (that was "mike")'s plan, which we all agreed to, was to take a GO bus to niagara late at night (really cheap) and hang around in some place that was open all night until morning (i.e. tim hortons), when we could use local transit or get a drive to the tourney. we forgot that niagara is relatively rural compared to toronto and, what do you know, there were no all-night open places. we even walked by a hospital that appeared to be closed.

we wandered around in a pseudo-blizzard for a while, got food at a pizza pizza, stayed there until it closed at about 4 am, then went back outside and couldn't find anything else.

eventually i suggested we give up and go to the bank...the area with the ATMs was left open all night. we hung around there, sitting on the floor and talking (none of us were tired really) until a tim hortons opened up around 8 am. at one point a homeless guy came in then left...i guess we took his spot =/

the tournament was good overall but i was dead tired at this point, and running on basically no food. i chipped in on a pizza but someone took part of my share and i only got to eat one slice. also i remember KK brought a tv, and while we were waiting outside the venue in the cold for someone to get there with a key, it must have gotten frozen inside or something...when he went in and plugged it in, it made this incredible...screaming, electronic noise. then it never turned on again.

that night we left...niko_k said there would be local transit to take us back to the bus station, running as late as when we left the venue. it wasn't. after standing around in the absurdly cold cold for about half an hour we gave up and called a cab. it took us the bus station.

little did we know, there was a blizzard in toronto, and the bus that was supposed to pick us up didn't come. the station itself was closed past like 11 pm, so we had no way of finding this out. other buses kept coming for a while so we had reason to assume ours would eventually. around 3 am, after we had been waiting for about 2-3 hours (LONGEST 2-3 HOURS OF MY LIFE) i told the other two i was pretty sure i was minutes away from getting frostbite on my feet and we should go back to the bank. even after 22 years of canadian winters, that night in niagara was by far the coldest i've ever been. it wasn't even windy or snowing, just quiet and cold as ****.

none of us wanted to, but at least it had that warm, warm heater...this time a different homeless had taken our spot from the previous night, so we waited in the area just after you walk in the door. thankfully, lanowen called his dad, who drove all the way to niagara, picked us up, and drove us back. i was going on about 48 hours of no sleep and no food at this point so i pretty much collapsed in the back seat. i'm so glad he had a phone and someone to call...dunno what we would have done otherwise.

and that was my worst tournament experience ever :bee: but at least it makes for a good story.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Juggleguy/other MI people: If I can megabus to Michigan can I hitch a ride with you guys?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Our car is already full Strong Bad, sorry man. I'll let you know when it comes closer if one of us drops out, which is far too likely.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i dunno who neko is, i meant niko_k. he hasn't been around in a while. used to play melee and brawl, then kind of stopped both...i think he was a brawl peach main.

also this was probably like, december 2008, january 2009.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Oh definitely, that's the old days. I went to a few Only In Niagara tourneys and then dropped out of the scene for ~2 years.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
and that was my worst tournament experience ever :bee: but at least it makes for a good story.
And quite possibly a good movie, I'll start the script and get back to you at A&C. You'd obviously be dressed up at Jigglypuff the entire movie though.

Bing

Smash Master
And quite possibly a good movie, I'll start the script and get back to you at A&C. You'd obviously be dressed up at Jigglypuff the entire movie though.
Pretty sure that was already done. When ash got stuck in a cave in a snow storm with Pikachu, Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. And almost froze to death. But then morning came and all was good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoops... I confused this for the MD Shell shocked thread... xDDDD Man I must be tired. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm already planning to, actually. : D $5 Megabus? Hell yea. (I do gotta get my passport tho)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yooooooooooooooooooooooooo MM at this! i wanna rematch!

i was the zss taking tediums brawl spot at apex.

:)
O **** you found me! lol :nessbrawl: v :zssbrawl: $2 bo3 unity 2.1?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I actually have no idea. LOL

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom