• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Guys remember if you are staying in that hotel I have posted at the front of the site make sure you reserve the hotel through Orbitz.com so you can get the rate of $51/night. If not, you will be charged four dollars more ($55/night) instead. Either way that's a very good rate for a hotel.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
By the way since we have the room all night I am going to try to upload tournament footage the night of the first day's event. That way, you all can rest assure that the footage will be up by the time you make it back home. After all, the internet in the room is a T3 line meaning it's super fast. I'll at least upload the finals. And on day 2 I'll continue working on uploading the previous day's matches in the room while everything is going on. That way, we will get who was playing against who right and have the correct footage posted up without the delay of last tournament.

Lastly, TVC is happening at Impact Clash 3. All I need is a ruleset and confirmation that someone is indeed bringing a Wii with the games (which I think I have now.) So we can go ahead and add it once there's a rule list. I want to add it on Saturday. We are going to have to swap a few games around and possibly drop a few however. Don't worry, Melee NOR Smash will drop. Possible Battle Fantasia and Naurto 4. I'm not sure. It all depends though if people show interest. But luckily we're working with two days here so we should be fine.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
AHHHH !!!! NOOOO !!! Not Battle Fantasia =( . I was really looking forward to this game becoming tournament worthy =( . I requested my name to be put on the pre-reg list for BF but it never happened, but believe me im interested.. i also have friends who are too XD.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
It's not finalized yet, I'm leaning on keeping it since it never did even make an appearance yet to see what it can do. I just want to make sure there will be enough time for all the games to be ran the day of, that's all. But like I said, we have all night. :)

Lastly I hope that my tournament may be lucky enough to deserve enough grace from the mods to be stickied. I can only hope right?

Frames

DI
It's not finalized yet, I'm leaning on keeping it since it never did even make an appearance yet to see what it can do. I just want to make sure there will be enough time for all the games to be ran the day of, that's all. But like I said, we have all night. :)

Lastly I hope that my tournament may be lucky enough to deserve enough grace from the mods to be stickied. I can only hope right?
no thanks if the last one didn't suck so much maybe i would sticky it sticky my nuts in your mouth lol jk

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
dibs on moogle for smash 64 crew

moogle you better get into top form we've been killing on aaron for laughs
:))))))))

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
This is true we have all night. If you have to remove it then i would like to have it there regardless just so people can see what a great game it is XD.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Can't find anyone to go to this with me so far because they said the last one sucked. :( Something like there was only 1 melee TV for 50 particpants.

**** Frames i just realized you're a mod now.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Are you ssb64 noobs gonna be at Tipped Off? I doubt I'll be able to get anyone to go with me to this but a lot of people wanna go to Tipped Off.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Ryan you should come with us to Tipped Off 4.
John said he really wants to go and team with you because there's gonna be pools and you could definitely make it really far in singles with a positive attitude

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
no thanks if the last one didn't suck so much maybe i would sticky it sticky my nuts in your mouth lol jk
Lol! I was drinking soda when I read that and began laughing, owwwww, it hurts. Thanks for looking out and this time I won't disappoint. :)

:O it sounds like the last 1 was a bust
but ill attend :chuckle:
Brawl Singles and maybe melee singles for lulz
Yeah, unfortunately sometimes you have to learn what not to do before you can learn what to do. Trust me though, this time we're on point as far as who we have running the brackets, how much time we have on our hands, the cost of parking (free), and the cost of hotels ($51/night), etc.

do you guys still need somebody to help run the brackets and stuff?

If I'm here, I'd be down.
I still need someone for the Soul Calibur IV brackets. I think we have enough people down for running all the other brackets. The last thing is I need someone trustworthy to help look over things during the over night. I myself am going to sleep in the room for a little bit while everything is going on during the overnight session and awake the next day to finish up everything. At first, I had someone to look over everything during the night but that person dipped on me. Now, I am basically going to have to get little sleep over the course of two days. The overnight session will be very fun though! That and it will ensure that the huge games that are running on Saturday will finish on time. And this time we will run doubles first, not last. I think that's a safer bet.

Also Nicaboy you can go ahead and add TVC to the list of games that will be ran. That will run on Saturday. Right now, all we are waiting on is an official rule list for that game.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I still need someone for the Soul Calibur IV brackets. I think we have enough people down for running all the other brackets. The last thing is I need someone trustworthy to help look over things during the over night. I myself am going to sleep in the room for a little bit while everything is going on during the overnight session and awake the next day to finish up everything. At first, I had someone to look over everything during the night but that person dipped on me. Now, I am basically going to have to get little sleep over the course of two days. The overnight session will be very fun though! That and it will ensure that the huge games that are running on Saturday will finish on time. And this time we will run doubles first, not last. I think that's a safer bet.
I'm a big dude, I know a few things about martial arts from a few years ago, and I've had so many things stolen at tourneys, that I wouldn't even think about stealing money. I'd love to help out with that if you are willing to put your trust into me. If not, I understand completely. Feel free to email me though about the job at gzimmer9@gmail.com. I also have an aol screen name (cashmooney69). I would also be more than glad to help set everything up in the morning, or the night before.

Running doubles would be much better if they are done before singles.

I however, can not help with the soul caliber brackets, as I am not familiar with it at all.

Frames

DI
dude if a ruleset doesn't show up then make your own and maybe it'll become the standard the melee rulesets came from the players and tournament hosts who made them up, maybe your TvC ruleset will be the one that people use

nicaboy

Smash Champion
dude if a ruleset doesn't show up then make your own and maybe it'll become the standard the melee rulesets came from the players and tournament hosts who made them up, maybe your TvC ruleset will be the one that people use
do you play or have intrest in it?
just a curious question

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I'm a big dude, I know a few things about martial arts from a few years ago, and I've had so many things stolen at tourneys, that I wouldn't even think about stealing money. I'd love to help out with that if you are willing to put your trust into me. If not, I understand completely. Feel free to email me though about the job at gzimmer9@gmail.com. I also have an aol screen name (cashmooney69). I would also be more than glad to help set everything up in the morning, or the night before.

Running doubles would be much better if they are done before singles.

I however, can not help with the soul caliber brackets, as I am not familiar with it at all.
Sure thing, just come around 8 a.m. or so and help set up and during the overnight session I just need you to make sure there is order in the room while I am sleeping. That's about all. Just come talk to me when you get there in the morning. Lastly, I needed you to possible help sell some snacks to people there during the overnight. I am going to have food items for sale during the overnight for people to buy as well. There will be a camera setup in the room around the beverage/food sells area to make sure no one is stealing anything (not that I am calling you guilty until proven innocent) but if you could help during that time I'd give you free entry and a few energy drinks to keep you up. :)

do you play or have intrest in it?
just a curious question
I ll answer for me Hellz Yeahyuz TVC better be there
ya i own it it's awesome!
See the hype continues TVC for prez
It's official, TVC is going to be at the tournament. Nicaboy you can go ahead and add it to Saturday. I think we're going to move Naruto 4 and Battle Fantasia to Sunday to accommodate for this game. I myself haven't played the game so we are going to have to come up with some type of rule list. What did you guys have in mind?

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Sure thing, just come around 8 a.m. or so and help set up and during the overnight session I just need you to make sure there is order in the room while I am sleeping. That's about all. Just come talk to me when you get there in the morning. Lastly, I needed you to possible help sell some snacks to people there during the overnight. I am going to have food items for sale during the overnight for people to buy as well. There will be a camera setup in the room around the beverage/food sells area to make sure no one is stealing anything (not that I am calling you guilty until proven innocent) but if you could help during that time I'd give you free entry and a few energy drinks to keep you up. :)
Marvelous. I'll do everything I can do come to this in that case.

Free entry and energy drinks sounds amazing :)

Do you have AIM?

Leh

Smash Ace
BB > TvC2
Get @ Me

Also i'll be here.
REFLEX you better be here!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Remember guys, I need as many televisions as possible at the tournament. So make sure you can bring whatever televisions you can.

Secondly, a group outside of my tournament called the "Konsole Kingz" will be holding a Madden 2009 and NBA2K9 tournament. The pot fee for those games will be $20 each since Madden is a pretty huge game. You can participate in that tournament if you'd like but those tournaments are separate of IC3's events and will be ran by their staff and they will be providing the equipment for those games to run.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Remember guys, I need as many televisions as possible at the tournament. So make sure you can bring whatever televisions you can.

Secondly, a group outside of my tournament called the "Konsole Kingz" will be holding a Madden 2009 and NBA2K9 tournament. The pot fee for those games will be $20 each since Madden is a pretty huge game. You can participate in that tournament if you'd like but those tournaments are separate of IC3's events and will be ran by their staff and they will be providing the equipment for those games to run.
Will the Madden '09 tournament have the online update or not?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Will the Madden '09 tournament have the online update or not?
You know, I'm not really sure but I would think so considering how many glitches Madden has like direct snap and the like. I'm going to ask but I would assume the updates would be there considering we are playing Soul Calibur IV with the new updates.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You know, I'm not really sure but I would think so considering how many glitches Madden has like direct snap and the like. I'm going to ask but I would assume the updates would be there considering we are playing Soul Calibur IV with the new updates.
Please check. If so, my older brother would be happy to take peoples' money.

Top Bottom