• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^^^^^
Yeah, definitely on computer. I don't want that monstrosity of a mess again. GameDragonX are you familiar with running the TIO Touranment software?
yea ive hosted a number of tourneys down here in FL. i know how to work tio

if anyone has a USB webcam or something, ill try to figure out how to livestream matches off of the main TV online. If i get a new laptop it will have built in webcam, but i'd have to point the screen towards the tv and it would be very inconvenient.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I'll buy one you can hook up to your laptop (one that is an actual separate unit through USB that you can point and move around) if that will help for you to use.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yeah, but if you have a guaranteed amount of people coming then you can have some of the list done early.

man i hear you but the problem is alot of smahers DONT pre reg. plus people may make last min dicesions on going so to get an accurate bracket i think its best too wait too the day til the tournyey. then just have a cut off time

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
This time around registration will be done on paper. Meaning, while you are in line registering you will fill out a paper with your name, and check mark the games you want to register for. These papers will be handed to the person you are paying your registration to and we will collect them all and then takes all of these papers and input all of them into the computer. That way, one person can make the brackets and input it into the computer without being bothered while someone else can still take payments for people registering.

And this time we must have a strict cut off time for when we stop allowing people to register for games. That really screwed everything up when we were about to finalize a bracket and then someone came late and then we had to add them into the bracket and re-create it. So, I'd like to begin inputting all the registration sheets into the computer at 12 p.m. Once we finish inputting everything (whatever time that may be) no more entrants into whatever tournament has it's brackets completely made.

if anyone has a USB webcam or something, ill try to figure out how to livestream matches off of the main TV online. If i get a new laptop it will have built in webcam, but i'd have to point the screen towards the tv and it would be very inconvenient.
You know that's a good idea considering we'll have wired ethernet in the room. We could hook up a webcam to the computer and allow people to see a live stream of the room throughout the entire day. Hmmmm, you've given me several ideas. However, how do you broadcast a signal like that through the internet?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
One last thing, I am going to need someone to help me record with the VCRs and make sure all the footage we record it writing down who was fighting who in the correct order. I plan on uploading the footage the night of the tournament. That way, it's fresh on our mind and we'll know who was fighting who. But that is a joint effort as far as keeping stuff together and ensuring it's readable and makes sense. I am getting Sleepyk to help me edit and put the video stuff together so trust me, the quality will be great and they'll be uploaded much quicker this time.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well Madden and NBA2k9 will be happening after all. But worry not, it will not take away from our resources or anything. Lastly, I plan on giving Smash their whole side of the room to themselves more than likely. :-) If you take a look at the video, I'm sure you can understand what I mean.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
madden is fun. im no pro at it though, so i'd get owned by any regular madden tourneygoers. I'll play some games there no doubt

nevershootme

Smash Master

You know that's a good idea considering we'll have wired ethernet in the room. We could hook up a webcam to the computer and allow people to see a live stream of the room throughout the entire day. Hmmmm, you've given me several ideas. However, how do you broadcast a signal like that through the internet?
To setup a live stream, you can use justin.tv or ustream.tv and set an account up. as for a web cam or of higher quality. that's something i've been struggling to find if you want the best of viewing experience possible for people watching. Don't be like me if you're going to live stream and record matches at the same time, it can screw things up big time. best to have 2 separate laptops for safety. you can also directly feed from the tv into the internet stream, but quality can be crap at times

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^^^
I understand, I guess it'd be too hard to implement

I have a huge announcement. Perfect Sin will be bringing Street Fighter IV to the tournament, the arcade cabinet. Meaning, yes you will be able to play Street Fighter IV ta the tournament before the game comes out. SFIV will be in the building and we will be having a tournament in Street Fighter IV! Nicaboy you can go ahead and add it to the list of games and guess who is coming!!!! Justin Wong himself along with Perfect Sin, Eric, Phi. They are the ones that will be providing us with this cabinet! This is presented by Perfect Sin so make sure you give them you shot outs! We will have doubles and singles in the game.

nevershootme

Smash Master
It's not actually not hard to implement to be honest

here's how i set mines up at the tournament last weekend for brawl

1. grab the ethernet cord from the lan center and plug it in (or use wireless if the place doesn't have ethernet)
2. plug in the components (recording device and web cam) however u want to on the computers and tv's
3. sign on to justin.tv or ustream.tv
4. broadcast now
5. make sure you're seeing something before clicking broadcast now
6. broadcast and promote and chat.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
WHAT?!? SFIV is gonna be there? ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****

theres doubles in that game? oh well, i cant wait to play it and get ***** by everyone in it, cause i suck at the competitive level

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well the entry is only $5 for the game since no one really knows how to play it. $10 for teams and the teams are on Saturday!

Also, I want to let you guys know that the pizza I was going to order for everyone will be scrapped. I feel like I will not be able to afford to purchase enough for everyone, especially with JWong and crew coming with their SFIV machine and I am expecting a higher attendance than usual. Instead, I would like to use that money towards other things the tournament needs that would help much more. That, and well the portions you guys would get from the food would not be very much either. Everything else will still be included and at first I was not going to allow outside food and drink but in light of this new information I will allow you guys to bring whatever food/drink you would like. Just make sure you throw it away in the trash when your finished.

Chaos_On_Wings

Smash Rookie
Name:Nick(Chaos)/ Austin (Heppy)
Games:Smash Bros Brawl and possibly Melee. (Singles and Doubles)

Question. Exactly how is the pricing for the doubles done? I'm not quite sure from the first post. Is it per player or per team?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Name:Nick(Chaos)/ Austin (Heppy)
Games:Smash Bros Brawl and possibly Melee. (Singles and Doubles)

Question. Exactly how is the pricing for the doubles done? I'm not quite sure from the first post. Is it per player or per team?
doubles is gonna be $10 per person on the team, or $20 total for the team, however you wanna look at it

Chaos_On_Wings

Smash Rookie
Hey My dad's gonna be there but he's not participating. would he have to pay?

And Could i Possibly request a new Rules/info page. I can get the gist of it. I'd just like to see one page of it finalized instead of searching the posts for new stuff.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey My dad's gonna be there but he's not participating. would he have to pay?

And Could i Possibly request a new Rules/info page. I can get the gist of it. I'd just like to see one page of it finalized instead of searching the posts for new stuff.
No way! He must pay. You think I do this for free!!!
I'm just joking. Yeah, he's fine to come in.

Also, anyone can feel free to start a thread (if that is alright with the mod) about who needs what rides to the event from the train station. That way, we can get together some volenteers (myself included) to help shuttle people from the train station to the event the day of and we'll know what exactly we are dealing with. By the way, I changed my phone number nicaboy. The number at the front of the site is no longer my number. I am going to post a number that will get you in contact with me directly in the room the day of the event in case you have any questions or concerns. As soon as I find out the number I will post it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The schedule is confusing. By the looks of it, there's going to be two GNT4 tournaments on two different days.

tubes

Smash Ace
its January 24th and 25th. It took me forever to find it too but its there. someone needs to at least bold the important **** like time and dates and locations...

Top Bottom