• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do you guys still need help running Brawl or anything else?

I could use an excuse to get in free help. :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

lol

sorry reflex buddy, but me and hrnut are running the bracket

we're also bringing 3 complete setups...cause we dont want to pay entry fee either :laugh:

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

All I have left for those of you who want to get in free is:

1. Bringing equipment
2. I still need someone to run the Soul Calibur IV brackets (but I require that you are at least participating in that tournament.)
3. Someone to help unload equipment out of people's cars the entire morning and set it up (you'll probably miss free play if you do this.)
4. If someone can set up a UStream at the tournament. We will have ethernet available for it.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
This is gonna be amazing, i'll try to record justin wong owning face, i heard he's placing brawl, oh and me and gdx are taking teams if we dont fail lol

@rx-
i'm pretty sure you're coming along because we have a full car if we include you

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i am so happy now!

do you guys have a rough estimate of how much money i should bring to cover gas + brawl?

I'll reread the first post to see if I understand the costs correctly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i am so happy now!

do you guys have a rough estimate of how much money i should bring to cover gas + brawl?

I'll reread the first post to see if I understand the costs correctly.
im charging 20 for gas. alot but hey its a 7 hour trip. Bring a full setup and you dont pay entry fee. And brawl entry is like 10 for singles and 10 for doubles

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
is doubles going to happen?

it just says brawl, and doesn't specify doubles (not that I saw)?

Umby

Smash Master
Or you could stop crying about it and just come, like the rest of us.......
Only if you can pay for my door fee + the books I still haven't gotten for this semester + $3500 I still owe my school + the door and tournament fee of a tournament I want to attend the week after this.

~uguu

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
All I have left for those of you who want to get in free is:

1. Bringing equipment
2. I still need someone to run the Soul Calibur IV brackets (but I require that you are at least participating in that tournament.)
3. Someone to help unload equipment out of people's cars the entire morning and set it up (you'll probably miss free play if you do this.)
4. If someone can set up a UStream at the tournament. We will have ethernet available for it.
I trying to get a hold of sleepyk about the ustream, still. I talked to isu and i know HOW to do it, i think i just need a laptop at this point, maybe a webcam (I have a capture card, yada yada yada)

I know for a fact i preregged to bring a tv and something, but I dont see it.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
is doubles going to happen?

it just says brawl, and doesn't specify doubles (not that I saw)?
Yeah, they will run first.

Am I still running the melee bracket? Or are you just going to have Nicaboy do it?
Yes, I learned very well from the first tournament to make sure to have at least two people running a bracket at once. You're already down on the free entrant list without equipment. :)

Lastly Day's Inn has a special if you order your hotel online right now: It's $50.99 plus $7 tax if you go to Day's Inn right now. I know someone who has ordered it! You have to cheat and state that you are having only 2 people in the room however.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i said that......read >_> ;)
oh, ok. i misread. my bad

sorry about this morning. I already wasnt in a good mood when you texted me what you did. and my phone died so anythign youve sent back i havnt seen yet. And im not coming over today cause im still sick and i feel like crap

S0FT

Smash Ace
Wait... I ran the melee double bracket and singles bracket at impact clash 2, and I still had to pay that monstrous door fee....

With only one tv might I add.....

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I don't mind paying for gas, since you're driving, and $20 isn't a problem for me. (even though it's hilarious that we're all chipping in to pay for neroy's gas :):))

Anyway

Mr. Impact Clash, whatever your name might be, is there any way I could get a hold of Justin Wong?

If he's any good at Brawl, it might be interesting to team with him.

Otherwise I need someone up to my level to team with.

Edit: also, GDX, have you cleared out space in your trunk? I don't want to bring a bunch of crap if I have to sit with it on my lap. If your trunks free I might bring a setup or two. (just consoles and games, not a tv or anything big like that)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
If you want to get a hold of him I'd make an account on Shoryuken.com and contact him through PM. His name is JWong on Shoryuken's forums and he posts there quite regularly.

This tournament (Brawl) will be in excellent hands with GDX behind the brackets. Also I am going to try to give Brawl it's own side of the tournament room away from other games since you guys will probably have the most setups and the most people attending. I'm not alienating you or anything but I think you guys need your space. And there's plenty of it unlike last time.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Wait... I ran the melee double bracket and singles bracket at impact clash 2, and I still had to pay that monstrous door fee....

With only one tv might I add.....
Yeah, last time I did not take the approach of giving free entry to people who run brackets simply because I wasn't very smart. But Anomic Punk asked for this position way, way, earlier in the thread when it was first posted. Nicaboy is getting in free regardleess simply because he offered help posting the thread and he's running the brackets.

If you bring a TV and equipment this time you will not be charged a door fee up front. I must apologize as the staff I had before was late and therefore I wasn't able to get my door setup properly to charge people as they were coming in or mark them down for equipment as they were coming in thus there was much confusion. By chance were you the one I handed the trophies to last time and told you to give them out to whomever won the Melee doubles that were being ran in single elimination fashion at IC2?

P.S. I still have the position of someone helping people unload their cars and set up equipment. No one has picked that up. I take it back that I originally wrote you can't play casuals if you take that position. After 10 a.m. we won't allow anymore equipment so you should be able to. Anyone who is willing to do that has free entry and you are helping out for fellow gamers and you don't have to bring any equipment. If you want to take me up on that offer it's gladly yours.

Lastly guys I am trying my best to bring this tournament to a cheaper venue so that I won't be charged in the four digit numbers to pay for the room which in turn the savings can be passed to you. If you guys know of any other venue that will work for the tournament and is cheaper feel free to PM it to me.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
oh, ok. i misread. my bad

sorry about this morning. I already wasnt in a good mood when you texted me what you did. and my phone died so anythign youve sent back i havnt seen yet. And im not coming over today cause im still sick and i feel like crap
oh okay, well dont check aim cuz i did the dumbest thing lol, ignore everything that you'll see later lol i mean EVERYTHING, well you need to come over eventually, definitely tomorrow sick or not, i'm sorry that i'm such a greedy *****, thats what happens when you're broke :laugh: i feel like a real ******* saying what i said, my b-z G :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ill make sure to clean my trunk. i had planned to anyway. waaaay too much crap in there

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I'm almost sure I'll be attending this for brawl singles, and possibly doubles. I'll be coming with about 4-5 friends too. I'll be bringing about 2-3 Wiis, with a copy of brawl, and my Wii is hacked to save any matches. If you need me to be there at a specific time, let me know so I can arrange it with the person that's setting up our ride there.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm almost sure I'll be attending this for brawl singles, and possibly doubles. I'll be coming with about 4-5 friends too. I'll be bringing about 2-3 Wiis, with a copy of brawl, and my Wii is hacked to save any matches. If you need me to be there at a specific time, let me know so I can arrange it with the person that's setting up our ride there.
Just so the tournament starts on time I would like for the room to be finished and set up by 10 a.m. I don't want to make any major changes to the room after that. Granted we have a lot of room I just want this one to follow the time much more strictly than the last one did. Thanks for your support of the tournament and I'll see you this Saturday.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
On that site, there is a user named JWong, and a user named JustinW, and it honestly doesn't look like JWong is the right person... he has 58 posts.

i don't want to PM some random noob and ask him to team.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yeah, they will run first.
Impact Clash, I don't know if you are "Magnicious" on SRK, but there seems to be a conflict between the two threads regarding the time that Brawl Doubles will take place.

Here you say they will run first (which I assume means before Brawl Singles on Saturday)

and on SRK, Magnicious(you?) says that Brawl Doubles will occur on Sunday.

I might be messing something up, but I hope Brawl Doubles is on Saturday, so that we don't miss it :).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Impact Clash, I don't know if you are "Magnicious" on SRK, but there seems to be a conflict between the two threads regarding the time that Brawl Doubles will take place.

Here you say they will run first (which I assume means before Brawl Singles on Saturday)

and on SRK, Magnicious(you?) says that Brawl Doubles will occur on Sunday.

I might be messing something up, but I hope Brawl Doubles is on Saturday, so that we don't miss it :).
rx, me and hrnut are running brawl singles and doubles. literally. we're running the bracket. so you wont miss anything, nor will you be late for anything

and theres 5 people including you. And if you have mario kart DS, or any other DS game that many people can play if only 1 person owns it, please bring them

Top Bottom