• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I will bring my DS and every multiplayer game i have.

does everyone in the car have a DS, or do I need to bring my spare (Amber's)

Edit: also, it's me, you, hrnut, neroy, and who's the fifth, walnut?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
it was too good afro was like **** squirrels and i was like **** **** creatures and take all the treasure and ****, i was like mixing potions and **** and it was amazing, me and fro gonna do competitive FFCC and OWN

the fifth is busta

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i just rebought a DS today, so i got mine. neroy and nick have DS. so we're all good. i bought meteos, so we all can play with just 1 copy of the game. i know mario kart is like that too.

man, when afro and nick was playing final fantasy DS i was so jealous. i wanted to jump in the backseat and play too

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think I've asked anyone, but my group of three-to-five people could use housing on Saturday night. Does anyone who lives relatively near the venue wish to help us out?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i rebought Meteos for DS

get wrecked
I need to do the same.

Some jerk borrowed mine in exchange for his Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and never gave it back. Granted, I loved DoS, but I would've had more mileage from Meteos...love me some puzzle games.

I might bring an SNES. Tetris Attack money matches?!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I need to do the same.

Some jerk borrowed mine in exchange for his Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and never gave it back. Granted, I loved DoS, but I would've had more mileage from Meteos...love me some puzzle games.

I might bring an SNES. Tetris Attack money matches?!
nah, i suck in tetris attack

but ill do meteos MMs with anyone. not kidding :laugh:

reflex, i need you to teach me the ways of your insane grab breaking. it makes no logical sense

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
nah, i suck in tetris attack

but ill do meteos MMs with anyone. not kidding :laugh:

reflex, i need you to teach me the ways of your insane grab breaking. it makes no logical sense
I've given quick tutorials at tournaments, and I have a past post that explains it.

It's actually pretty simple, although it is physically exerting.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Impact Clash, I don't know if you are "Magnicious" on SRK, but there seems to be a conflict between the two threads regarding the time that Brawl Doubles will take place.

Here you say they will run first (which I assume means before Brawl Singles on Saturday)

and on SRK, Magnicious(you?) says that Brawl Doubles will occur on Sunday.

I might be messing something up, but I hope Brawl Doubles is on Saturday, so that we don't miss it :).
It was probably just confusion about Brawl and Melee. Brawl doubles and singles both run on Saturday. Melee doubles and singles both run on Sunday.

It looks like we will have a UStream as well! :) Check this thread the day of to see what's up with it.

SæQuo010

Smash Apprentice
Someone has to record all TvC matches so we can put them on youtube so other can see it!!!!!

GDX I am looking at you for this man!!!

Someone please help this new communtiy grow.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
first and foremost, play a ****ton of Tiny Toon Adventures, Wacky Sports Challenge. No ****. I wondered why I even got compared to reflex's breakout speed when I tried my ****edest to break out, come to find out we both played this game.

XD

Jokes aside.

___

Step 1, take ya thumb, put it on the 4 face buttons (y x a b), rub them like mad.

Step 2, while you're doing step 1, take ya other thumb on the control stick and try to rotate like made. Reflex says he winds up only doing 46464646464 (forward back etc), but rotating would be optimal. On M2K's stat list for melee, he says only cardinal directions count, dont know if the same applies for brawl.

Step 3, for extra bonus, hit the triggers. Again, dunno if they count in brawl, they do in melee.

Step 4, ???? Pray you got out.

Step 5, PROFIT.

And yeah, just like reflex says, if you're going for the insane breakouts, you actually cant afford to get grabbed often or you could physically get tired (as dumb as it sounds)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
So ummm i should be able to come only on Sunday but I wanted to know if i bring a setup would i still get in for free?
Sorry missed your account. Sure, either day is fine. :) There's only a limited amount of PS2s, Xbox 360s, and Dreamcasts I can take but Wiis and Gamecubes with Brawl and Melee as long as I have a TV I can hook them up to I'll take as many as I can get. Remember, to get free entry if you don't bring a TV I can only issue it if I can find a TV to hook your equipment up to. I myself am bringing three televisions and I know about four more in my group plan on bringing TVs solely for people who are bringing only systems to hook up to so you should be fine.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Someone has to record all TvC matches so we can put them on youtube so other can see it!!!!!

GDX I am looking at you for this man!!!

Someone please help this new communtiy grow.
Yeah, we recorded all the matches from the last tournament but the videos got messed up because we did not keep a good record of who was fighting against who in the matches. This time around, we have four people running the brackets so I will make sure to get them to keep an accurate count of who is fighting against who and we are going to try to upload as much of these matches online the night of or the next day as quickly as possible. This is really a group effort since I can't be at every machine to do this. So I need as much help from everyone playing the games to make sure they don't start their match without a tape inside the VCR that is actually recording and to turn pause the tape whenever there's a moment when no games can be played because player X is playing in another game. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
By the way I am sorry for whomever was asking about Justin Wong I gave you the wrong screen name. His screen name is in fact JustinW as he just PMed me today from that name. So, if you want to contact him you should try that name on SRK.

Also we are changing the time for Street Fighter IV. It's going to start at 12:30 PM instead of 4 p.m. I don't want people waiting around all day who only came for Street Fighter IV and since it's the main attraction I think it'd be best to have it first anyway. So if you want to play Street Fighter IV make sure you come before 12:30 p.m. to have a piece of the action. Again, sorry about this time change but you should never come that late anyway for a tournament for any of you guys wanting to play it that want to show up at 3 p.m.

Lastly, Nicaboy can you change the schedule on the thread? Much appreciated!

Also I plan on having a special encore event sometime next month or early March for Melee and Brawl only. The venue will be lower (not $20) and we'll have the same room and everything. :) I'll let you guys know the details as soon this event is finished.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Also I plan on having a special encore event sometime next month or early March for Melee and Brawl only. The venue will be lower (not $20) and we'll have the same room and everything. :) I'll let you guys know the details as soon this event is finished.
Impact SMASH?!

(Thank my brother for that one. :/)

Either way, this would be sweet. In something like this, I might actually enter a Melee event.

NEEDS MOAR N64 SMASH, but very few in the community seem to enjoy it.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Sorry missed your account. Sure, either day is fine. :) There's only a limited amount of PS2s, Xbox 360s, and Dreamcasts I can take but Wiis and Gamecubes with Brawl and Melee as long as I have a TV I can hook them up to I'll take as many as I can get. Remember, to get free entry if you don't bring a TV I can only issue it if I can find a TV to hook your equipment up to. I myself am bringing three televisions and I know about four more in my group plan on bringing TVs solely for people who are bringing only systems to hook up to so you should be fine.
Kool
See u guys Sunday XD

nevershootme

Smash Master
Impact SMASH?!

(Thank my brother for that one. :/)

Either way, this would be sweet. In something like this, I might actually enter a Melee event.

NEEDS MOAR N64 SMASH, but very few in the community seem to enjoy it.
smash 64 on wii is too godly, but yes there should be more tournaments since the american VC release is coming this year

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
smash 64 on wii is too godly, but yes there should be more tournaments since the american VC release is coming this year
wow, that means we'll be able to use gc controllers right? I'll seriously start playin that game if thats the case

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Wow there's a major problem here. The tournament is this weekend and abruptly Shoryuken's forums will be down the entire weekend until Monday. I hope, hope, hope, that everyone on Shoryuken copied down the address to get to the venue and the information.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Thank god Smashboards is run by MLG servers, right?

it used to crash every other day for a few hours, and then in when Brawl came out there was like 4000 people on at a time, and the servers were moving so fast that you could see a bee's wings flapping.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well if you type Impact Clash into a google search the first search result is Impactclash.com which hopefully people will do and click on it and then see the venue's location on that website. But if they don't then we will seriously have a problem.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^
Yes, you are right. :) Hopefully they'll google the name of the tournament and find it.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
If anyone knows any contact information for Keits (thorugh AIM, MSN, etc) or anyone else who has posting authority on Shoryuken.com let me know immediately. I've got to see if I can get one of those guys to post my venue information on the front of their site at least for the next three days. There's a great deal of people who won't know the venue address or information the day of when they discover the forums are down. I'm trying my best to contact Mr. Wizard (the owner of the site) so I can see if he can do anything. I have his AIM name but he's not answer my IMs. Hopefully I can get a hold of someone at SRK.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Keits aim is Rockeits if you haven't already got in contact with him
^^^^^^ Thank you so much! Apparently Wizard said there forums should be back up tonight (despite what the site says) and if they aren't he'll post a message on the front of the site stating the detail's venue and where it is. I am so relieved. Thanks so much for giving me his contact info.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Alright cool. Were you planning to attend the lock in at Waba tomorrow as well? If so, I'll see if I can go as well for convenience for getting to IC3 the next morning. If not - gravy.
Yea ill at the least be there tomarrow for sure. If enough people stay at the lock in ill stay

Top Bottom