• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well the major problem is the Xbox 360's lack of converter cables. Since you can't hook up traditional converter adapters for arcade stick support if we use the Xbox 360 version unless someone has a specifically designed Xbox 360 stick they will have to use the controller. Where as if we use the Japanese copy of Battle Fantasia (Which all Playstation 3's allow for region free games to play.), everyone will be able to use his/her own stick of their choice since the Playstation 3 allows more freedom as far as arcade sticks go. I've already ordered the copy of PS3 Battle Fantasia so we have a copy right now personally held by me.
Yea they all said the PS3 version would be kool, just cause there will be no difference in gameplay and for the fact that this game allows button configs makes it better too XD. Also if you havent noticed you could consider a Death Bringer ban just for the fact that he's over powered and his "Final Inferno" attack is way too over powered. Even when you block it it takes Hella chip damage, I'll talk to my friends about a DB ban as well but i want anyone else's opinion about him too. If you just played one then you'd understand. Also our rule setup is 3 rounds, best of 3, no levels banned ( seeing as how there's only 8 levels i think ), it would be up to you to allow infinites in the corner with some characters cause you cant get out of them. Thats all i can think of right now to be honest, there's prob more i can mention but this game has very little problems to it. Oh forgot to mention when in play please be sure to switch the format from consumer to arcade/original version just for the fact that when in consumer mode it crunches the video to fit the screen to close but when in arcade mode it zooms the camera out just a bit for better camera angels or something like that... XP

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
Great ideas and I'll take those into consideration. Lastly, the only downside about the Playstation 3 Battle Fantasia is everything is in Japanese. Besides that, everything else should be the same. Either way if anyone gets confused my girlfriend will be there and she speaks Japanese fluently if anyone has any questions. But with this community, dealing with Japanese shouldn't be much of a problem.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Also if all else fails i can just bring the book so everyone can read the basic button layout, I actually remember pretty well what buttons are were and such. I dont think it will be a big problem. I know its the 360 book but the basic button layout sould be the same as the PS3 layout.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Tarnish, that would be great. I think we should be good either way, especially since we'll have two native Japanese speakers there.

Alright, guys I want to ask you, do you know of a way to hook up a Gamecube through VGA? There are three projectors in the room and if we can find a way to hook up the Wiis and Gamecubes to them we'd have finals on projectors for everyone to watch! Does anyone know of a solution? Also, do you guys know if this adapter would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-to-TV-S-Vid...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright, guys I want to ask you, do you know of a way to hook up a Gamecube through VGA? There are three projectors in the room and if we can find a way to hook up the Wiis and Gamecubes to them we'd have finals on projectors for everyone to watch! Does anyone know of a solution? Also, do you guys know if this adapter would work?
Are you planning on hooking the Wii/gamecube directly into the projector or hooking them up to a TV and them running them into the projector ? If i know i might be able to help.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Preferably, the finals would be played on a TV, but they will also be displayed for the crowd on a projection screen. I know I can't play on a screen bigger than about 40 inches before my game starts to suffer.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
you guys i will make the pre reg list tonight please do it in the follwing format
real name nickname(name you will go by at the tourney) and location

ex
dale campbell nicaboy atl ga

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I might be going, I might not. But I'll pre-register first and see to it later (>_>).

Name: Louis Bui/VietGeek
Games played: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Equipment bringing: A Wii/w Brawl and a GCN w/ Melee

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but could you remove Castle Siege and maybe Delfino Plaza off the neutral stage list? I know in several of my matches, the opponent and I would usually ban the two immediately since they have walk-offs at certain parts (especially Castle Siege which has one for a long amount of time, where characters like Dedede can chaingrab you off for a free kill). Those stages are typically put as counterpicks.

I would believe most of us would appreciate it if those two stages were removed from the starting stage roster and left as counterpicks instead. ^_^

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Are you planning on hooking the Wii/gamecube directly into the projector or hooking them up to a TV and them running them into the projector ? If i know i might be able to help.
Yeah, I want the two players to be able to enjoy their match on a normal sized TV and I want the crowd to be able to watch it on the projector. The room has three projectors available. What did you have in mind for a set up like that? Keep in mind that two of these projectors has a VGA port only. The third one does have an RCA Yellow jack. I have been told that in order to do this I'd need a VGA converter box and also an adapter like this to split the signal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Rockford-Fo...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

nicaboy

Smash Champion
YOU GUYS PRE REGS ARE BEING UPDATED IM WAITING ON A GUY WHO IS DOING IT FOR THE WHOLE TOURNEY IT WILL BE UP SOON ALSO IF YOU CAN PLEASE PRE REG IN DOUBLES WITH YOUR PARTNERS .

also do not forget if you are bringing equipment you wanna arrive at the venue asap 8am in the morning to insure your stuff is excepted

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm only coming to this as long as I'm promised that certain players won't get @ssraped for playing a certain game.

By that I mean, the last Impact Clash didn't even finish running every game NOT TO MENTION the fact that that terrible excuse for a game 'Brawl' got 7 f*cking tv's and we ran the whole god d@mn Melee tournament on 1 motherf*cking tv.

Seriously guys, that's bullsh*t.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I'm only coming to this as long as I'm promised that certain players won't get @ssraped for playing a certain game.

By that I mean, the last Impact Clash didn't even finish running every game NOT TO MENTION the fact that that terrible excuse for a game 'Brawl' got 7 f*cking tv's and we ran the whole god d@mn Melee tournament on 1 motherf*cking tv.

Understandable, that's why Brawl gets it's own day on Saturday and Melee gets it's own day on Sunday. The two will not conflict at all and this was specifically done for this reason. Secondly, we are going to keep stricter tabs on the pre-registration so that we can be prepared for what is to come. Lastly, there are so many outlets in the room that we will have so many potential spots to run the games at so no piece of equipment will not be used. I completely agree with you about the whole Melee situation and this time the tournament is designed for that not to happen. This tournament has obviously outgrown being one day and could really help from the extra added day to it's venue.

That, and I've got an excellent bracket runner by the name of GamedragonX who has a great deal of experience running tournaments and I have Anomic Punk running Melee's brackets as well so I think it will be a much smoother ride for both Brawl and Melee.

Also Nicaboy, you can go ahead and remove the following games from the venue since they really don't bring a crowd, people get angry when no one comes and it has to be canceled, and so we can concentrate on the games that really bring people in:

NeoGeo Battle COL
Tekken Tag Tournament
King of Fighters: UM '98
Virtua Fighter 5
Vampire Savior
World Heroes Perfect
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Dead or Alive 4
Melty Blood

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Name- Flamin Roy
Games Playing- SSB melee/DBZ budokai 3/Arcana Hearts and the rest depends on how much $ i have
Equipment-cube w/melee
dude, if i can find a copy of budokai 3 cheap, i might buy it just so i can beat your ***.

cause i know you was doin some wack *** ****. XD

Umby

Smash Master
Name: Mike Martin / Umby
Games playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl and possibly Melee
Equipment bringing: Wii+Brawl and Melee. Might be able to bring a GCN as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

lol. for the record, brawl never had 7 TVs for the brawl tournament. We had 4, which was then cut down to 3, which was then cut down to 2. Im not sure where you people are getting 7 from :psycho:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Understandable, that's why Brawl gets it's own day on Saturday and Melee gets it's own day on Sunday. The two will not conflict at all and this was specifically done for this reason. Secondly, we are going to keep stricter tabs on the pre-registration so that we can be prepared for what is to come. Lastly, there are so many outlets in the room that we will have so many potential spots to run the games at so no piece of equipment will not be used. I completely agree with you about the whole Melee situation and this time the tournament is designed for that not to happen. This tournament has obviously outgrown being one day and could really help from the extra added day to it's venue.

That, and I've got an excellent bracket runner by the name of GamedragonX who has a great deal of experience running tournaments and I have Anomic Punk running Melee's brackets as well so I think it will be a much smoother ride for both Brawl and Melee.

Also Nicaboy, you can go ahead and remove the following games from the venue since they really don't bring a crowd, people get angry when no one comes and it has to be canceled, and so we can concentrate on the games that really bring people in:

NeoGeo Battle COL
Tekken Tag Tournament
Virtua Fighter 5
Vampire Savior
World Heroes Perfect
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Dead or Alive 4
Melty Blood
that's a shame. so many of those games are so much fun. ah, the USA...

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Marty you have a great taste for fighting game i really do think that all of them are good fighters except for VF5 because im not really a Virtual fighter guy but we have to stick with the facts if it doesn't draw a crowd its not going to have a decent turn out for a tourny but we can bring extra games and play it on the side that will be cool

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I want the two players to be able to enjoy their match on a normal sized TV and I want the crowd to be able to watch it on the projector. The room has three projectors available. What did you have in mind for a set up like that? Keep in mind that two of these projectors has a VGA port only. The third one does have an RCA Yellow jack. I have been told that in order to do this I'd need a VGA converter box and also an adapter like this to split the signal.
Alright ill relay that to my friend once he gets off of work today, he knows more about projectors than i do. Ill leave a post on here later this evening about if that would work or not.

nicaboy

Smash Champion

chadd i promise that aint happening again cuz ya that was bull ****.

NeoGeo Battle COL
Tekken Tag Tournament
Virtua Fighter 5
Vampire Savior
World Heroes Perfect
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Dead or Alive 4
Melty Blood
ok i will take them off now i also argree with what larry is doing at final round if a tourney does not get at least 8 people drop it. let me know what you think

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Name: Alan/T4RN1SH
Game: SSBB singles/teams - Battle Fantasia
Equipment: Xbox360 & a copy of Battles Fantasia ( this only depends on if we HAVE to use the 360 version )

Now at this point im not 100% sure if im going but i wanna pre-reg anyways just for the fact that i do want to go, I just have to talk to my friends about if there able to go first. ( i also wanted to pre-reg for Battle Fantasia just to keep it on the list cause i really want to see this game get popular ).

Player-1

Smash Legend
I will let you both in for $10 total. So you can split that up $5 each. The TV, Wii, and Brawl will get you in free. If I can put use to that extra copy of Brawl then I will give you free entry. That all depends on if someone else brings a Wii with no Brawl. But $5 between the both of you for an overnight two day event with catering food isn't that bad. Like I said though, if there is a Wii i can put that Brawl into use for you guys won't pay anything. You'll still get to skip to the front of the line either way and set up your equipment.
Are we aloud to take our equipment with us when we leave (if we leave) on Saturday after the brawl tournament, and then bring it back Sunday when we return (if we return). How does the 2 day thing affect people who are bringing equipment in general?

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Name: ZeonStar
Game: SSBB singles
Equipment: TV, Wii, and a copy of Brawl.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Your laziness saddens me.
no we are just trying to have the same pre reg list so we have one guy doing it in general good sir if i was lazy i would have just ignored you and forgot too pre reg you period:laugh: dont forget there are other forum sites besides smashboards soo i just wanna stay on par with the other guy pre reging people:laugh:

go play link or something :dizzy:
also dont forget to pre reg for teams guys you and your partners

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
that's a shame. so many of those games are so much fun. ah, the USA...
Yeah, I'd really like to have all those games too but if they don't bring in a crowd and have to be canceled and people get upset at me (Which is something I can't control since I can't make people come to these games.) I don't want to deal with that. That, and well, to run a less than 8 man tournament seems not worth it for the participants as far as payouts, and that's attention that could be used for other games that need it. But personally, I'd love to have 'em if I could.

Marty you have a great taste for fighting game i really do think that all of them are good fighters except for VF5 because im not really a Virtual fighter guy but we have to stick with the facts if it doesn't draw a crowd its not going to have a decent turn out for a tourny but we can bring extra games and play it on the side that will be cool
Yeah, those games are awesome and don't even think they are being removed because they aren't good games or not worthy. It's just that the community as a whole doesn't really come out to play them.

Alright ill relay that to my friend once he gets off of work today, he knows more about projectors than i do. Ill leave a post on here later this evening about if that would work or not.
Yeah, that would be great. Because one thing that wasn't good about the last tournament was the fact that the finals for Brawl was so crowded and not everyone could watch the finals. This time around, everyone will be able to comfortably watch them since they can sit around the projector instead of around the screen.

chadd i promise that aint happening again cuz ya that was bull ****.

ok i will take them off now i also argree with what larry is doing at final round if a tourney does not get at least 8 people drop it. let me know what you think
Yeah, I second that. That will not happen again and lastly, if games do not get 8 people they don't run. Simply because once again that's not worth it. Lastly, if they do not run for two ICs in a row then they should simply be drop. Maybe I'll come up with a type of petition that people can do in order to get the games back at the tournament at a later time but as of right now we have to go with what brings crowds.

Are we aloud to take our equipment with us when we leave (if we leave) on Saturday after the brawl tournament, and then bring it back Sunday when we return (if we return). How does the 2 day thing affect people who are bringing equipment in general?
You can take your equipment home if you'd like and bring it back the next day but I would hope that everyone would bring their equipment for both days. But yeah, for you guys bringing equipment it would really help if you stated what days you planned on bringing your equipment as well. Although, I would hope people would bring it for both days. Thanks for bringing that point up.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey my friend said that that hook up you seen on ebay wont work, its made for computers not TV's. He said to go to radioshack or any electronic store like radioshack and tell them exactly what you need.

Top Bottom