• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash III: Tournament Now with SF4 and JWONG January 24th and 25th

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
;_________________;

I meant it in an arrogant fashion, not "I would like to do bracket stuff."

However, I guess I don't mind helping out.

And, YES, I AM MEDIOCRE AT N64 SMASH

Loto

Smash Ace
And if I don't go Reflex can do it alone. ;D

I know what you meant you bum.

Heres your N64 rule set btw.

Tournament Rules
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•5 stock
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle
••All other stages banned
••First round stage is random
• Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I have an awesome idea that hasn't been thrown around yet.

Why don't you give people the option to pay for food?

When I went to INN4 and INN5 (among other tournaments), they labeled the badges with a color marker to show who paid for food and who didn't.

I'm sure some people would rather stay at the venue, but I think I'd prefer taking time out to find a restaurant. Why not give people the choice?

(This way, you'd also have a much better idea of how much food you should get...)
I thought about this idea but the huge problem is people getting over on me and getting food even though they didn't pay. Knowing many people I am sure they'd have no problem attempting to get over getting food without paying for it.

To bad Marta dosnt go there!!!
Damnit don't remind me.
they are trying to work it out there IS a train station close by soo they arre trying to see about pickin up people from there
Yeah, Marta doesn't come all the way out there. It comes fairly close. I am going to have someone carpool and pick people up from the H.E. Holmes train station and drive people to the tournament even if I have to do it myself to get people out to the tournament. I know some people can only ride the train and without train service that makes things very complicated for many. But the train does get you very close to the venue if you ride it all the way to the closest train station. Does anyone know if Marta at least goes to the Arbor Place mall. From Arbor place to my venue is like a five minute drive and I wouldn't mind directing people there and picking them up from the Mall.

Lastly Nicaboy we are changing the tournament to 2v2 instead of 3v3 for the team tournaments.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I thought about this idea but the huge problem is people getting over on me and getting food even though they didn't pay. Knowing many people I am sure they'd have no problem attempting to get over getting food without paying for it.

Yeah, Marta doesn't come all the way out there. It comes fairly close. I am going to have someone carpool and pick people up from the H.E. Holmes train station and drive people to the tournament even if I have to do it myself to get people out to the tournament. I know some people can only ride the train and without train service that makes things very complicated for many. But the train does get you very close to the venue if you ride it all the way to the closest train station. Does anyone know if Marta at least goes to the Arbor Place mall. From Arbor place to my venue is like a five minute drive and I wouldn't mind directing people there and picking them up from the Mall.

Lastly Nicaboy we are changing the tournament to 2v2 instead of 3v3 for the team tournaments.
lol smash is always 2v2(this is teams)
crew are usualy 4-5 people(this is crew battles)

but hey im really happy about your workin with every from smashboards and shoryuken good **** man

Umby

Smash Master
To somewhat answer Impact Clash's question, no I do not believe MARTA goes past Arbor Place Mall. It's vague recollection from me trying to map out a MARTA + Gwinett Transit route to Waba, so you'd have to double check.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
So we definatly have a ride from the train station???
Yes, you would. I would like to open up a separate thread in the Atlantic South forum on getting rides out there about two weeks before the tournament so I can set up a time to get a myself a few people to come and pick you guys up from the station. But we have to have some sort of order to it so I can get all of you in one or two trips. Look out for the Marta help thread around two weeks before the tournament.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Then there should be a set time frame where we all should catch the marta but that could be complicated because not every one is going to ride a the same time

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yes, you would. I would like to open up a separate thread in the Atlantic South forum on getting rides out there about two weeks before the tournament so I can set up a time to get a myself a few people to come and pick you guys up from the station. But we have to have some sort of order to it so I can get all of you in one or two trips. Look out for the Marta help thread around two weeks before the tournament.
that'd be a good idea

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Then there should be a set time frame where we all should catch the marta but that could be complicated because not every one is going to ride a the same time
I understand and that is why we are going to have the separate thread that will be posted so that everyone will be on the same page as far as getting rides to the facility and what time my parents will come through and pick you guys up to take you to the tournament. I'm just thinking of a unified time of around 10 a.m. or something like that in which me (and hopefully a few volunteers from the community) come through and pick some of you guys up from the train station. But I will need the thread to know how many of you and at what time you plan on riding to come.

And in the event there are some late people I will leave my number so that they can call me and I can send someone to come and get them. At the end of the day it's about organization and this can all be done if we opened up a thread and make sure everyone understands the process.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm gonna try my best to get someone to go with me. I don't wanna go alone **** would be boring.

I've never gone out of Florida for smash and since I play all 3 smashes competitively this tourney makes the most sense.

If I go the ssb64 tourney better have more than like 4 people.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
wonder why they dont take classic controllers or wiimotes
Because everyone was too stupid to leave the batteries out of their Wiimotes when they weren't playing, so lots of matches were screwed up by pausing and various button presses.

It was incredibly, utterly frustrating.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Remember if you plan on bringing a laptop or a device to connect to the internet with there is not any wireless internet available. All that will be available is wired Ethernet internet and we will provide you the cable to plug your laptops up to connect them to the internet. Look on the bright so though, online play is possible if you wanted to play online during the over night period or if you wanted to play games like WOW. I know the person renting the room out to me said he will be playing Warhammer the entire time.

Loto

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try my best to get someone to go with me. I don't wanna go alone **** would be boring.

I've never gone out of Florida for smash and since I play all 3 smashes competitively this tourney makes the most sense.

If I go the ssb64 tourney better have more than like 4 people.
I'll come with you Sheer,

I also heard GDX is going for Brawl I think. so us florida people should all go together.

I'll own you in 64 too <3

PB&J

Smash Hero
i thing m2k is going to to4 the week before this tourny for melee so don't hold ur breath...anyway who wants to get ***** ..ive been playing brawl again

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX said I could ride with him a while ago but idk, we'll see whats going on and I'll talk to fearless as well. I want him to come. hahah
i did? i have to start writing this stuff down or something

ill figure it all out in due time

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no he's most likely coming in a separate car, with NoFRO/BLINKINGMETROID and SPICE (GINGER)
lol blinkingmetroid...terrible

if icekid isnt coming with us, we can probably fit loto. Him and neroy are pretty small so the trip wont be as annoying for the backseaters

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
georgia tech smash 64 crew in it to win it

414G + Aaron (cassidy - look him up on youtube getting ***** by isai)

not inviting mura because he'd probably win and we're greedy

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Georgia Tech smash 64 crew is mine if I go. =E

Colin you wanna come to this with me?!?!

John said he might wanna go to.

Top Bottom