• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm starting to hate school

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I only know when to use who/whom/to whom/whose in german in english i'm clueless.

well at least they don't write sent this two him

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
This is why there are AP and IB courses.
um this explains everything. if all of your classes are too easy/ if youre acing them, then step up and take harder courses providing that your school has harder courses.

i was in normal english first semester in 9th grade because i didnt want anything too hard and i finally started doing well in english/literature classes. but throughout the whole semester, i was in a room full of kids who could care less, we didnt learn anything and the material was way too easy. so i took action. i didnt complain about it, i just decided that this wasnt for me. 2nd semester i swtiched into honors english and that was a good decision.

id rather have a harder class and be with kids who care than an easier class with kids who could care less about school.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Really I don't think I can be switched up into a higher math class because I have to learn this before advance math isn't like engilsh and in english class we all know what will happen if I tryed to move up I can barely keep myself in an english class with a nice teacher I just feel like engilsh classes are trying to suck my soul out and they have a depressing gloom in them

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
yeah a kid in my class asked if we(humans) were plants and he was serious.

I put my head down in shame

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You just happen to go to an easy school / have idiots as classmates. Go take something difficult after a few years in university, like applying to become a doctor, and I guarantee you won't find it so easy anymore.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm a morning person who gets up and does jumping jacks I have no choice I always get up on time.

I'm takeing phipo and it's weighted and i'm taking 2 next year. I totally argee people are crybabies it gets easier and easier every gen. of people it really does. I enjoy school a lot but sometimes it's simply makeing fun of me thinking I think people are plants and junk. It's just the really dumb people draging it down like everything like when I listen to us and them by pink floyd that makes me think of that or races of people.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
School as a whole is a joke. College isn't that much better. I'm kind of an undecided major stuck in a major I don't like. (I got A's and a couple B's in all of my core classes already, so I had to choose a major this year.) I still don't know what I want to do with my life besides pursuing my hobby of gaming even though I'm searching. But then again, I commute to school, so it isn't nearly as fun.

I feel like I'm at my best and most energized during the summer...just working out...chilling with the people I care about every day...working at a job and making money. It's just soooo much better than school.

D

Deleted member

There is something wrong with your school. If you haven't already, try taking some Pre AP, AP, or even GT classes (Or IB depending where you are).

Me taking World Geography in Pre AP this school year was a great decision. I'll be taking AP for U.S. History and AP for English 3.

Basically, try to challenge yourself. Who knows, maybe you'll be surprise that you'll actually find it challenging.

But yeah, schools need an drastic improvement.

The behavior in my 3rd, 4th, 6th, and especially 7th period can get horrible.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Maybe YOUR school is too easy.
Also, that's pretty selfish. Just because you're sailing trough classes doesn't mean you should wnat to make classes harder so that other struggle EVEN MORE.
Those who are ****ing stupid remain ****ing stupid. Why should we hold everyone back for ******* and people who do not care?
Look how well Japan is doing.

No matter who you are, you can pass school. There was a guy that went to school with my mother and refused to go to special school. He graduated when he was 21 I believe.
He worked his guts out trying to get that diploma. He went on to go to college. He finally got his degree after 10 years of work. It should have only taken him 4. He paid for it all by working a job.

My aunt also has problems. She dropped out because the pressure was to great.

The difference is, one tried and one didn't. Not everyone is like the first guy. Most are *normal*. School just requires effort and they are just ****ing lazy! So they drag everyone else back.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
School just requires effort and they are just ****ing lazy! So they drag everyone else back.
As a college student with one more year left, I can say with a straight face that I made it this far because I was naive and stupid. In many of my General Education classes they asked me to walk in a park and write about it. I almost did the assignment immediately because I figured that I would actually learn something from the experience. As the months passed by I realized that I was spending a significant investment that I could have spent setting up my own restaurant or laundromat, with writing about "Wicked" for Theater Appreciation and then cramming for an Organic Chemistry exam afterwards. The information all became disjointed and artificial, the result of an obsolete education rather than a cohesive experience meant to attain a better future.

Even though it is easy to ridicule people who drop out of college as being lazy, that is not an accurate assumption to explain every person who leaves. Sometimes people think that it's a bunch of crap and don't want to stomach it any longer. Other people find it's a stepping stone into a professional school such as vet school, law school, or medical school. They have no interest in any of these schools so they drop out. College is not for everyone. It's a big investment and a four year commitment. I probably wouldn't be able to continue if it wasn't for my parents supporting me financially and emotionally. I'd just put my balls on the line, open up a Dunkin' Donuts and be happy serving customers coffee every morning. If I were to be perfectly honest.

Noa.

Smash Master
You go to college to learn more about whatever you're studying. If you don't want to learn, and the career you want doesn't need a diploma, college isn't doing much for ya.

I for one actually like learning.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I skipped 6th and 7th again todAy. I had to much on my mind I had a dream with a guy that messed me up in 6th grade and saw again a bunch today, school was mostly reveiw, and my grandma is most likly going to die this weekend, I see her like 6-10 times a year, her house is so dirtly it's cleanest not to wash your hands(if you get the water in your mouth you will be craping in 10 minutes) and eat with your hands.

But I truely don't care if she dies I have nothing against her she was only nice but she never did anythin in her whole life but have lice and children. It scarys me to think of never lifring then dieing, I don't think I could think of a worse was to be. I've also been debateing if i'm as machine like as I think other people are, because I clearly don't feel nor did I during the last death, i'm not trying to be manly or anything, but it's messing with me not careing enough to be sad/mad or something.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
"im starting to hate school"

what took you so long?

all ppl do in my school is get shot and smoke in the bathrooms. some of the security guards even sell weed

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It's hard to mess with me and discourage me really I never hated school other than the 2 getto schools I when to. I'm a pichu players who doesn't john it's hard to get to me.

Maybe that's why my grandma dieing isn't effecting me at all.

Smash Journeyman
Here I am, getting rejected by every clique, 'cuz everybodies a f*cking ****.

Feeling like a fool, 'cuz I'm everyone's tool.

It's as if, I tripped in a sh*t filled ditch, 'cuz everyone's a b*tch.

On top all that, is a bunch of bullshat.

Kicking it off in the most boring way, with CTA, typing up documents in Microsoft. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORD YO!

Then I got US Cultures IIA, oh man, I wish we had a snow day. 'Cuz I got a test I didn't study for, now I'd prefer to go to bed with a Cold ***** (War).

Then English 11, I just wanna walk out and go to 7/11. But that'd be all wrong, 'cuz **** man! Check out Mrs. Mack's thong!

Then Algebra 2, making me feel like a foo. 'Cuz solving for X? Man, worse than gay sex!

Then Gym, oh if only it was a sim. 'Cuz I nearly suffered cardiac arrest, after taking the beep test.

Then Chemistry, with Mr. Helinski. Staring at his a**, trying to calculate its molar mass.

Now I must confess, I wanna repeat that this is straight up BS.

So yeah, school is a giant pile of suck. But it's so much better, when you decide to not give a F*CK!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
about the students passing when they shouldnt--its bc of 'no student left behind.' the more students you pass, the more funding you get. pass everyone for the money, which by the way goes to the higher up teachers-like princ, administrators, techers whove been there a long time...not saying teachs dont need the money, but that its simply not being distributed correctly, or morally for that matter. When my princ buys a new (really happened!!) CORVETTE and announces it over the morning announcements! WTF!! My HS didn't even have enough desks!! First come, first serve;same for books, too. NC now has implemented the 'lottery for education.' Good concept, poor execution--52% of lottery profits go towards schools(but how's that money being spent by the schools?)
BTW, i LOLed so hard about you walking out in engrish! LOLOLOL!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I skipped 6th and 7th again todAy. I had to much on my mind I had a dream with a guy that messed me up in 6th grade and saw again a bunch today, school was mostly reveiw, and my grandma is most likly going to die this weekend, I see her like 6-10 times a year, her house is so dirtly it's cleanest not to wash your hands(if you get the water in your mouth you will be craping in 10 minutes) and eat with your hands.

But I truely don't care if she dies I have nothing against her she was only nice but she never did anythin in her whole life but have lice and children. It scarys me to think of never lifring then dieing, I don't think I could think of a worse was to be. I've also been debateing if i'm as machine like as I think other people are, because I clearly don't feel nor did I during the last death, i'm not trying to be manly or anything, but it's messing with me not careing enough to be sad/mad or something.
i had this weird dream that this guy from my class was actually my cousin, so i went to inuvik to visit him over the winter, and it was really fun. There was supposed to be an antiwar protest there, and he was supposed to take me with him, so I followed him through a very mazelike place and ended up drinking in some bar. I told him this isnt the protest, and he knew that, but then him and his friends took off when the police came to check IDs because his friends were underage. but he left me there! So I backtracked through the maze until i found the protest, and he wasnt there. I was on my cellphone calling him, when this guy showed up with fireworks, and i fell down because i almost got hit, and lost my phone. I finally found him hours later, he'd been searching everywhere and was really embarrased he'd left me. So I went home and found out Sue was visiting, and it was stressful because she kept yelling at Dude(he wouldnt eat his chicken at dinner) and talking about her adventures on the LOST island. I didnt believe her, until polly joined in and was surprised i'd forgotten all my adventures with Hurley and Charlie and Sawyer. "Dont you remember, you and Hurley last night were fishing on LOST" polly told me, but I knew it couldn't be true because i'd been in Inuvik last night. Then I found out that LOST was actually kind of like Neverland, and people could dream themselves there at night, like how Wendy and her brothers dreamt of flamingos and lagoons in the book. Then Sue started yelling and freaking out because I didnt remember fishing with Hurley, so I quickly made up a LOST story to satisfy them, and left the house.

Then I went to visit the Tragers(the family from Kyle XY) and Josh and Lori were freaking out because Kyle was missing and they worried that Latnok was responsible. Then they were both frantically calling his cellphone, when he came in through the back door, and was watching them for a moment. Then I ran over and hugged him so hard i pushed him into the wall, and i was like, your so cool i wish you were my brother too. and Lori and josh joined in and we all group hugged him, and it was really funny.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I HATE my aunt she was spreading lies about my grandma going to die I swear she truely should be in the mess she is in her husband beats her and drinks and their shildren are terrible. I hate it she always lies messing everything up and trying to make her boring life worth something

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
I wish everyone would appreciate the education that they receive instead of fighting it. If you learn to appreciate it, school work gets way easier.
A lot of people say this

do you know how hard it is to appreciate a place where people make you want to kill yourself? where your laughed at everyday. you feel depressed and terrible. huh? do you think i would ever appreciate that!? Huh? just don't say that.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
PE is the biggest joke about school. My PE class is boys only. THAT IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!! Our PE teacher is only just reconsidering this, but he can't control the class. I take the mick out of him every lesson by mocking his hand movements or saying he is a Paedophile.
The other boys really suck. Most boys muck about so much it is unbelievable. They are immature, stupid, violent, cocky, obnoxious, rude and so arrogant, it is disgusting. I often tell myself I am the better person, which I am.
School can be challenging at points, but most of the time, it isn't.

Oracle

Smash Master
Not all high schools are this bad.
The public ones are though. **** government funded education

Also you should all quit whining. If school is such a joke, then you should all be graduating top of your classes with straight A's with the hardest courseload the school has to offer.

Ciro67

Smash Cadet

Also you should all quit whining. If school is such a joke, then you should all be graduating top of your classes with straight A's with the hardest courseload the school has to offer.
I already plan to stop whining forever.

By the way, not everyone can get A's for everything. even if they put all of their effort into it.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

Throughout high school I've taken 6 AP courses (Gov, Eng Lang, Stats, Calc AB, Physics B, Eng Lit, and I'm teaching myself Calc BC), maintained straight A's except for 4 B's my sophomore year (1 in English for a semester, 1 in AP Gov for a semester, and in Chem for both semesters), and will be graduating ranked in the top 10 out of about 300. Maybe it's not the most rigorous course load, but it's up there. School is dumb. If you do your work, you'll pass. Period. School is more of a lesson in doing your work rather than in learning.

Oh, and I've participated in extra-curricular activities and lead one of them. Additionally, I've tutored in two different subjects.

My HS isn't that bad, but someone else said it best: it's daycare for teenagers.

:034:

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
Russia... an Axis Power?
lol. I thought the same thing.

I really enjoyed my high school, and I learned a lot. I'm not sure how everyone else's high school is, but it can't be that bad. High school is the best 4 years of your life, and they say that for a reason. Wait til you get to college and you find yourself in an unfamiliar situation and none of your best friends are there. That is going to suck alot worse than anything you are experiencing now. Like someone else said, AP and IB are the way to go. AP courses are HARD and IB is even worse. At my HS it was know your **** or fail, and if you failed the teachers didn't care, and it wasn't there fault. I made A's in English and Government, B in Evironmental Science, and a C in Biology, and I worked my *** off for all of those. Just challenge yourself, stop walking out of class, and start enjoying things.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I take the mick out of him every lesson by mocking his hand movements or saying he is a Paedophile.

The other boys really suck. Most boys muck about so much it is unbelievable. They are immature, stupid, violent, cocky, obnoxious, rude and so arrogant, it is disgusting. I often tell myself I am the better person, which I am.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

zifn15

Smash Cadet
High school is the best 4 years of your life, and they say that for a reason.
There was a web comic that really summed up how wrong that statement is. It went something like this, "If high school is the best four years of your life then I hope you die tragically at 19."

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
yeah wtf@ saying high school is the best 4 years of your life and also major wtf@ saying college is going to suck because you dont know anyone rofl

A_man13

Smash Master
It's a sad fact that there are kids who honestly check out of school always. The example you explained is sad. Even though I've been in all APs, I've been in one situation where I felt the same way you did. I've always been a mathematically competent person; while I've never breezed through any classes before high school, I'd say math was second only to science in my strongest subject. When I skipped 7th grade in middle school, however, they put me in a low level math class. While I didn't feel the drop in difficulty that year, I did the following year in high school. I was put in an all boys (that part was chosen by lottery) Algebra I class as well as a geometry class to get me back onto the honors track sophomore year. The Algebra class was, more or less, a complete waste of a time. I knew most of the material going into the class (and the geometry helped me learn the stuff that I did not), so I usually got high As on every test. In fact, I had over 100% in the class for all of second semester and I kept it that way even with a B on the final. So naturally I knew the content pretty darn well. However, the all-male class had more important things to do than math (call of duty, sports) and I found myself eons ahead of my classmates. When I kept having success on tests, the class struggled to get an 80% (heck, I got free computer usage while they had to re-take a test they mostly failed since I got a perfect score with extra credit). It's not fun being surrounded by people who don't know the content.

My advice is this; if the IQ of the class is low, then tough it out for now (after all, what's the worst it can do: boost your GPA). And, when it comes time to pick classes, sign up for a much harder class. I notice that those students who don't care and know nothing tend to be filtered out at higher levels and you'll find people who at least know who were the axis powers.

M.K

Level 55
I just went from an A in Psychology to a B because I sent my assignment to "RWheeler" instead of "RWheeler1" so my teacher didn't get it >_> WTF I really hope she can change this ****, I DID the assignment, it's not my fault that NOBODY in my school has a 1 at the end of their email except her >_____________>

Top Bottom