• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ike subforum when?

Oh man, the worst part is we have to wait until at least Monday to learn anything else about him :cry:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

My body is ready for Ike subforum.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Absolutely stoked to see the Radiant Hero return. I remember when Ike was first revealed for Brawl, first newcomer since the original 5, and I was just blown away by how he looked. It was Ike's Smash Bros reveal that got me to buy Path of Radiance, and I've been a Fire Emblem fan every since. Ike was my Brawl main as well, he might not of been the best, but he was so fun to use, the sheer power of his blows was just great.

I was scared so much that he would be axed, yet he's returned once again, older and stronger than ever before, and I can experience the same hype I had when Ike was revealed for Brawl, and it feels just as magical now. Welcome home Ike.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Absolutely stoked to see the Radiant Hero return. I remember when Ike was first revealed for Brawl, first newcomer since the original 5, and I was just blown away by how he looked. It was Ike's Smash Bros reveal that got me to buy Path of Radiance, and I've been a Fire Emblem fan every since. Ike was my Brawl main as well, he might not of been the best, but he was so fun to use, the sheer power of his blows was just great.

I was scared so much that he would be axed, yet he's returned once again, older and stronger than ever before, and I can experience the same hype I had when Ike was revealed for Brawl, and it feels just as magical now. Welcome home Ike.
That was beautiful.

And I have much the same story, though I did buy Sacred Stones first. But really, Ike's games really turned me from, "Yeah, Fire Emblem isn't just for the Japanese," to "Wow, I really like Fire Emblem!"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lets just say Ike's reveal makes me want the game more.

My main in brawl, it would have left a bad taste in my mouth if he got cut.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Not a Ike main by any means (I can't play well a swordman in smash for my life) but pretty happy to see him as I learn to be good at smash (well by casual standard) thanks to Ike users, it brings back a lot of good memories to see him return.
Welcome back, Ike sensei =)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Grats Ike fans! Not my main or anything, but the first Fire Emblem character in Smash that I enjoyed using from time to time so I'm glad to see him back. I really want to see if they changed his neutral special at all!

I've been a bit worried about him and Lucas for a while now, but I always felt that they were in a good place as Ike was the last home console lord and Lucas was the only portable Mother protagonist. Since this game is separating home console and portable content, it just kind of made sense to me they would both be back. Half right so far!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
RD Ike is best Ike

wtf ike your arms are huge and Brawl Ike's arms look like wet noodles
Aww c'mon. Don't say that. Ike was Brawl's heavy-hitter who didn't look like a heavy-hitter. I preferred his PoR look myself.

And Ike sub-forum?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Glad to see Ike return. I was hoping, given the complete lack of information that this week had been giving us, that a veteran would be revealed today, and I'm glad to see that it's someone who some people thought was going to be cut based on a supposed "pattern" from a single game (Roy being cut from Brawl in favour of Ike).

This really seems to bode well for quite a few Brawl veterans, in my opinion; I never really used Ike, but I'm happy for all of the people that did.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
ike was my main in brawl but tbh i am completely shocked he is returning. I thought for sure they would put in an awakening character and also leave the fe roster to two characters. That being said I am happy he is back but would still love to see a third character from fe.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Assuming Ike returns, we are excepting his older, Radiant Dawn look correct?

Honestly, I think his more robust appearance suits his slower, more power packed play style than his svelte look he had in Brawl.
This guy sure is smart. :p

I'm glad Ike's back. He's my favorite FE lord, the only heavyweight character I like playing as, in Brawl, and kicking him out for Chrom would've saddened me.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
It's official. Ike is sexy as ****. I liked Ike's Por outfit more before, but..I think I've changed my mind. O.o Sakurai you sly old dog.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the 30th Smasher is revealed. I wonder if he's had any major changes besides the biceps.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like this picture more because it highlights how much better the visuals are in comparison to Brawl. Seriously, just look at that cape.
I just like how Ike actually looks as strong as he has been hitting. In Brawl, Ike looked pretty scrawny to be hitting as hard as he does.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I just like how Ike actually looks as strong as he has been hitting. In Brawl, Ike looked pretty scrawny to be hitting as hard as he does.
Huh. I always thought that he looked pretty powerful. I guess I just don't get out much. Also, what changes would help him? I think that I read that Sm4sh was gonna have higher hitstun, so Ike's moves don't necessarily have to be faster, since if the hitstun thing is true you could just follow up with combos unlike in Brawl with it's horrible hitstun where people were basically free to move about the cabin on hit.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that Ike's back! I didn't play his games, but I do like Ike. I'm just glad that he's back for your sakes!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Glad to see one of my mains in Brawl back for the Wii U and 3DS versions.

I guess his inclusion does debunk a number of rumors claiming that he will be cut.

XionKai

Smash Cadet
Yes, finally I will main him in ssbu -u-
like I did in brawl.

Last edited:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Dayum, look at those arms. I bet that Doc Louis must have trained Ike besides Little Mac.

Congrats Ike fans! I wasn't a big fan of Ike in Brawl, but I think he looks a lot better now and I'm looking forward to give him a second chance! :)

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully he's buffed on top of being buff.
I hope so too... I think Ike would benefit greatly with a better mid-air jump, a neutral air that isn't full of end lag, Quick Draw having more utility and... Roy's down tilt.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I hope so too... I think Ike would benefit greatly with a better mid-air jump, a neutral air that isn't full of end lag, Quick Draw having more utility and... Roy's down tilt.
God dammit, we don't want Ike to be broken. Dtilt to dair to dtilt to dair to dtilt to bair, anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom