• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im really happy.

Near the begining i tought he was kicked.

A few weeks before this change of heart likely to return.

And today HORRAY!!!

And heres the best part E3 is super close so we get to learn almost everything about ike in about 2 weekish.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Makes me wonder why they decided to reveal Ike on such a random date.

I would have expected Wario, Meta Knight, Ness, and Falcon first honestly.

Maybe Sakurai has something planned?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Makes me wonder why they decided to reveal Ike on such a random date.

I would have expected Wario, Meta Knight, Ness, and Falcon first honestly.

Maybe Sakurai has something planned?
I think he just felt sorry for us that we didn't see a reveal in so long, and there weren't any good occasions to do it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, Ike has been confirmed. Hoorah! Given his importance to the entirety of Fire Embem as a series, I had no doubt.

But this is not about that.

Knowing he is in the game, what does this mean for other Fire Emblem characters?
Pardon the typo in the final option

*please feel free to move this thread once the forum is created

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
*changes SSB4 main to Ike*

So pumped about his new look. I now have no more returning characters that are in danger :D

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Idk, we'll have to wait and see. I don't think Chrom or any other FE character's chances are hurt, though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The only think tht chrom is his chances of being shown before the release.

Im more surpised of ike not shown before marth though.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh boy, I was hyping up this morning. Ike's always been one of my top priorities to have return for Smash 4, so it's really nice to see him return. Now if we have Snake return, I think I'll love the veterans Smash 4 decided to bring back. :grin:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie. Even though he was my main in Brawl, I kind of didn't want him to come back. I didn't want come into this game with any attachments. I also hated how scrubs will exclaim how "OP" Ike was while I was working my butt off to make him good. Now that he's back I'm of two minds. I kind of need to play him now...

Also, I need to lift weights to control this Ike. Dang...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It suggests that a new FE character may be revealed soon, though it has nothing to do with anyone's actual inclusion.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Any else notice the lack of confirmed special moves? I see counter and maybe Aether, but nothing else.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Any else notice the lack of confirmed special moves? I see counter and maybe Aether, but nothing else.
Probably just coincidental that we haven't seen Quick Draw and Eruption (I think they were called?) If anything Eruption will be replaced by a throwing axe, which would be neat.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like this is what happened to his design from brawl

0:02 brawl design

0:03 ssb4 design

(To define He's buff now)

Last edited:

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah now everyone can shut up about that stupid pattern that happened ONCE with Roy. They really made Ike look distinct from the other blue haired swordsman this time.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
...Am I dreaming?

...Surely that's not...oh my god. Oh my lordi. Somebody pinch me...

IKE! IKE! MY BABY! HE'S BACK. ...My hands a paralyzed...somebody hold me...

At first I was like...

In the beginning...

"Oh, if Ike does come back, I want his PoR design back. But Ike will probably be cut for Chrom...damn."

And now today...

"OH MY GOD HE'S GORGEOUS! MY BABY!"

...I didn't know this was happening today...*faints*

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wasn't Marth revealed on some random day too? Makes you think, doesn't it?

Twewy

Smash Lord
I had a dream last night about Chrom for some reason, so I woke up this morning and checked the site, saw Ike and yelled "GREAT THERE'S THREE OF THEM"

Moral of the story is: Wake up a little before using the Internet.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Welp.

Welcome back my Brawl Main.

Love his design. The additional stuff added was great. Pretty funny how just yesterday I said he'd probably appear in a random pic of the day and here he is. So...does that mean folks will stop trying to replace him with Chrom?

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i am very glad that Ike is back and they did not replaced him whit the less unique character known as Chrom.

D

Deleted member

I think he just felt sorry for us that we didn't see a reveal in so long, and there weren't any good occasions to do it.
Honestly, his reveal today makes me slightly wonder why we didn't see him at Path of Radiance's anniversary. Unless, maybe Sakurai is confirming veterans once a week.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Is he a bit shorter in this game?

His comparison to Little Mac makes me think he's dropped a few inches from his head into his mighty chest, especially given how low Little Mac goes to make his straight... although I guess Ike's pretty scrunched up too, maybe my memory's just bad.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Is he a bit shorter in this game?

His comparison to Little Mac makes me think he's dropped a few inches from his head into his mighty chest, especially given how low Little Mac goes to make his straight... although I guess Ike's pretty scrunched up too, maybe my memory's just bad.
I kind of know what you mean. Maybe it's all the muscle he gained, but he and his sword look shorter.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
OH man, this is amazing!
I hated how everyone would discuss cut characters and throw ike on first, (same with tlink and lucario) seeing him come back is a wonderful lift off mine and many other's chests!

Also, great aether in HD, or a new suprise for his final smash?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just glad that a series as big as Fire Emblem is history wise may actually get more than two reps now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom