• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

-J-

Smash Rookie
^ Let the game begin, indeed!

I feel fully confident in Ike's return. He is consistently one of the most popular lords, and if I remember correctly, internationally, he's one of the most-recognized as well. There's no reason to cut him.

Plus, he's awesome. So, oh you know~

Hahaha.

Let the games begin!
We're in this for the long haul, folks.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Miku Hatsune joins the brawl!
Seriously what kind of poll is this :glare:
I don't know about Ike. I mean they dumped Roy so easily. Can't say I'd be surprised to lose Ike. It's just that Ike's moveset really stands out as an original heavy hitting character. Great for beginners to use as he has great recovery, his side B doesnt send you flying off the stage, and his power is incredible.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Miku Hatsune joins the brawl!
Seriously what kind of poll is this :glare:
I don't know about Ike. I mean they dumped Roy so easily. Can't say I'd be surprised to lose Ike. It's just that Ike's moveset really stands out as an original heavy hitting character. Great for beginners to use as he has great recovery, his side B doesnt send you flying off the stage, and his power is incredible.
I think it was a vote for best character on a Nintendo system....Hatsune Miku have some terrible fanbase no surprise there and Inazuma Elven have quite the base of fan in japan because of the anime, Krom is very popular...he is a great character and deserve a spot in Smash to....

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I want Ike to return but I'd like to see him have his Radiant Dawn appearance. We already have enough Bishii characters, don't you think? :laugh:
I concur, It would certainly make sense to do so. It's his most recent appearance at least!
Wishlist for ike:
Keep his same amazing jab
Less landing lag
Fix aether (aka remove the gaps in the hitbox)
Do ANYTHING do quickdraw, Seriously, almost any edit will make it good

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Radiant Dawn Ike should be the default appearance, while Brawl/Radiant Dawn Ike should be his alternate appearance (like Wario with his Wario Ware/Land appearances). :cool:

Oh, and Ike should get some more moves and stuff inspired from Project M. Because Project M Ike is freaking the definition of BAMF!!! :shades:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Radiant Dawn Ike should be the default appearance, while Brawl/Radiant Dawn Ike should be his alternate appearance (like Wario with his Wario Ware/Land appearances). :cool:

Oh, and Ike should get some more moves and stuff inspired from Project M. Because Project M Ike is freaking the definition of BAMF!!! :shades:

If they do something like what they did with Quick draw in P:M i will be happy...not as good as they made it now though, because its broken now XD

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Ike should not have such a fast Jab2&3 and his grab range should be nerfed a little, but his Nair should cancel (HAHAHAA, Ryo) and His QuickDraw shouldn't leave him helpless in the air.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I concur, It would certainly make sense to do so. It's his most recent appearance at least!
Wishlist for ike:
Keep his same amazing jab
Less landing lag
Fix aether (aka remove the gaps in the hitbox)
Do ANYTHING do quickdraw, Seriously, almost any edit will make it good
I completely agree with this edit list.

Though I can't help but wonder what Ike would be like if he got his planned projectile instead of Eruption (most likely stolen from Roy shortly after he was timecut).

That would be kind of weird. :laugh:

Also Ike dyes his hair. :awesome:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I completely agree with this edit list.

Though I can't help but wonder what Ike would be like if he got his planned projectile instead of Eruption (most likely stolen from Roy shortly after he was timecut).

Also Ike dyes his hair. :awesome:
It would depends on what it was like, i somewhat think it would be like links arrows, So it would have uses, but it would be limited

And we're going to ignore that the picture was in sepia, no? XD

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I remember being against any new Fire Emblem characters during the speculation season before Brawl. I thought another blue haired sword wielder would be redundant. But I was surprised how flavorful Ike was and impressed with his play style. He was what Roy should have been: a more reckless but intimidating sword user who could demolish an opponent in a few hits.

So, I wouldn't mind Ike returning. But I wonder if three FE characters will be available. Will Ike just be switched for Krom?

Marth would remain the mascot and the second spot would just be the newest addition to the franchise?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Ike had better return, he's my main and overall my favorite character design, I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem characters.

When he returns I'd like to see a changes made to him, Aether should be more versatile and and his tilts/aerials should have a little less frame lag.

I really don't care whether or not he's considered cheap and/or High-Tier in the next Smash, I'll still use him and the other Fire Emblem reps.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It would depends on what it was like, i somewhat think it would be like links arrows, So it would have uses, but it would be limited
Would have been his Ragnell projectile from his games (according to Sakurai). Probably would have been large with a huge hitbox and slow moving (for balance).

And we're going to ignore that the picture was in sepia, no? XD
That's no fun. :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Would have been his Ragnell projectile from his games (according to Sakurai). Probably would have been large with a huge hitbox and slow moving (for balance).

That's no fun. :p
I shall be honest...I have never played a fire emblem game with Ike in it, Therefore i assumed that ike could use bows once leveled up or something XD

And I have no problems with this, My ike is all about ruining the opponents fun after all :B

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I remember his left arm being fully armored in Radiant Dawn..hmmm

edit: nvm you posted his initial portrait, after he ranks up he gets the armor.

For serial though guiz if Ike got his ranked up look it would be sick as hell

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I suspect that if Ike gets cut he will find a spiritual successor in Ganondorf. I could see them revamping Ganondorf to be a heavy hitting swordsman like Ike

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hopefully he'll look like this if they keep him in:

His slowness would be somewhat justified by his heavy armor and muscle.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I suspect that if Ike gets cut he will find a spiritual successor in Ganondorf. I could see them revamping Ganondorf to be a heavy hitting swordsman like Ike
I am totally okay with this, Seeing as ganon is my other character anyway

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah skinny looks awful on Ike. Hopefully he´ll look more like his descendant Paris in the next Smash. And hopefully he´ll also play a bit more like... himself. I mean, it´s cool that Ike was portraited as a strong character, but he should´ve had more speed, and less strenght in his game. And Aether needs to function as Aether would.

Yeah skinny looks awful on Ike. Hopefully he´ll look more like his descendant Paris in the next Smash. And hopefully he´ll also play a bit more like... himself. I mean, it´s cool that Ike was portraited as a strong character, but he should´ve had more speed, and less strenght in his game. And Aether needs to function as Aether would.
The problem with giving him more speed and less strength is that he'll just be Marth. Ike's design in Brawl makes much more sense in my opinion. He's swinging around a heavy 2 handed sword with one hand, that and he's the only heavy hitting swordsman in the game. He has a fair with amazing range, arguably the best jab in the game, a fast Bair and solid nair and great grabs. If he got any more buffs or a projectile he would be ridiculous. The characters in smash have limits on their abilities from their franchises for a reason. Imagine if Mario could rapidly shoot fireballs or Samus had ALL of her weapons from Metroid? The idea is far-fetched but you get the idea.

If you want to play a play fast Ike play Project M. He's insanely good.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ninetendo's probably ditching a fire emblem character, so here's hoping it's marth, and ike stays, he'll probably bring lyn in next, and it will carry on like that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if they do ditch one, ikes the more likely candidate, marths the original FE lord and had a game more recently than ike

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Ike could easily get more speed and his playstyle could get transfered over to a new character. Maybe even Ganon with a sword for example?

Also, Marth will never get replaced. He's literally been in ALL Fire Emblem games since Brawl was released, and he's the face of Fire Emblem. And if he ever got replaced it certainly wouldn't be by Lyn. :smirk:

Gradeus

Smash Rookie
Well, we have Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Ganon. That's 4 from the same game. Why can't we have 3 FE characters? I'm for having all 3. Maybe change his B to throwing his sword like a projectile. For all of you that also play League of Legends it could be similar to that of Draven's throwing axes. Pretend the axe is Ragnell. :reverse:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
LoZ is an absolutely huge franchise that everyone knows, Fire emblem is much lesser known outside of japan.
I don't think ike will be removed because he's a completely original character, plus he places high in popularity polls. But i'm not holding my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom