• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If there are three FE reps Ike will still be in (Marth/Ike/Krom). He's basically the NA/Europe FE rep now and he has enough popularity in Japan to keep him around, at least, over Roy.

If its still only two, he's gone and replaced by Krom. FE13 is gaining a looooot of popularity. The people on GameFAQs that imported it are mostly calling FE13 the best FE game to date.

As for moveset changed...besides switch Eruption out for a projectile and Quick Draw into something useful, I'd actually like to see a minor change to his Ftilt. Just like how Quick Draw is FE9!Ranger Ike's critical hit, Ftilt also came from a FE animation, namely the first swing of FE9!Lord Ike when it comes to normal attacks. If he double attacks, he spins after "Ftilt" while taking a step forwards and hitting with a downwards angled slash. I'd love it if you could do that with Ftilt in SSB4: kinda like Snake's Ftilt mechanic wise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah that, and FE9 wasn't initially all that popular in Japan (for no good reason I might add), while it was pretty popular in the west however. I also wouldn't mind if Ike got his neutral B replaced, but if Roy isn't around, he might still keep it. If they DO however, I wish they'll change the color of the fire from red to blue, as Ike is supposed to be the 'Hero of Blue Flames'. Then at least give him some blue flames damnit. :rolleyes:"

And yes, if it's two Fire Emblem lords, Ike might unforunately get replaced by Chrom. But I have my hopes for 3 characters, and Ike staying, mostly cause of Paris (which should TOTALLY be an alternate outfit for Ike).

Oh and that idea for the F-Tilt from the poster above: I love it!

D

Deleted member

If they DO however, I wish they'll change the color of the fire from red to blue, as Ike is supposed to be the 'Hero of Blue Flames'. Then at least give him some blue flames damnit. :rolleyes:"
So basically, give him Aura?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but lucario is going to get replaced by zoroark anyway, so the blue fire thing wont clash :troll:
Considering that the Pokemon Company are promoting them as rivals, I don't think they want to see Lucario removed for Zoroark when they could benefit more from having both.

But this is a topic for the Lucario or Zoroark threads.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Considering that the Pokemon Company are promoting them as rivals, I don't think they want to see Lucario removed for Zoroark when they could benefit more from having both.

But this is a topic for the Lucario or Zoroark threads.
OH really?
Cool, but you missed that little trollface i put in there :)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how powerful Ike would be if the Aether attack actually applied the Sol and Luna effects as they existed in Path of Radience?

Ike's main attack, now with life drain? Crazy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's just for effect. Not meant to have actual Aura powered damage like Lucario has. Keep that to Lucario. It would just be cool for effect, seeing as Ike is the Hero of Blue Flames and all. But yeah let's drop it. I'd rather have a different B anyway.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a better B+up. Maybe something that can save ike from falling. Or at least as powerfull as kirby's

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a better B+up. Maybe something that can save ike from falling. Or at least as powerfull as kirby's
I would say give it more freedom to move hortiznally and make the super armor frames last through the entire move. It would give Ike more protection when he's trying to recover and would stop characters like Marth who can stop Ike's recovery by countering aether. Also, I would love to see the ability to use aether out of quick draw. It would solve Ike's issues with people stopping his recovery, and would allow him more versatility against people who are trying to edgeguard him.

One of Ike's biggest flaws is his recovery. Its way too easy for certain characters to shut him down off stage and since Quick Draw makes Ike go into a helpless state, he's pretty screwed if he misses the ledge by a few inches. By letting him use aether out of quick draw, it would give him more of a chance to recover.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
^that would make it a bit too good IMO. All they need to do is make aether's hitboxes NOT have gaps in them and perhaps make the hitboxes a bit bigger too.
As for quick draw, they should just make it so that you control when he swings with another B-press rather than swinging automatically

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
^that would make it a bit too good IMO. All they need to do is make aether's hitboxes NOT have gaps in them and perhaps make the hitboxes a bit bigger too.
As for quick draw, they should just make it so that you control when he swings with another B-press rather than swinging automatically
Or just make it like Project M, which I think actually does what you just said. But I don't play Ike, so don't quote me on that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Or just make it like Project M, which I think actually does what you just said. But I don't play Ike, so don't quote me on that.
QD in P:M is utterly broken haha. You can jump out of it (which means you can grab/wavedash/Usmash/Aerial from the jump in melee. While the first 2 would be impossible in brawl) and wall jump from it too!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
QD in P:M is utterly broken haha. You can jump out of it (which means you can grab/wavedash/Usmash/Aerial from the jump in melee. While the first 2 would be impossible in brawl) and wall jump from it too!
Oh good, it looks like I was right about something for once.

leodiablo05

Smash Rookie
I havethis horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that their going to nerf ike... seriously waking in cold sweats lol

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
How could they "nerf" Ike. He's already bad as it is.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I love Ike he is easily my favorite character. The only thing wrong with Ike is that he moves like a heavy character but gets knocked around like a medium set character. If he has the survivability of Snake than I would be happy.

The second you start comparing him to snake he has literally no advantages. Weaker recovery, weaker smashes, easier to knock out, no range and his speed is about the same with the exception of having a better AAA while snake has a much faster dash with better priority.

I don't mind that Ike has no range or that he is slow I mean that all makes sense but his power should at least be even with snakes and he should be just as hard to knock out.

I also think it would be really be interesting is if they made his B unable to be interrupted, that would really make his B much more useful or if they don't do that it would be cool if they made it so that it would spike the enemy which would make it a amazing edge guard.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Ike's aerials are stronger than Snake's

Ike's aerials have more range than Snake's

Ike's usmash is stronger than Snake's

Snake's fsmash might be stronger by a 1% or 2 but Ike's has a better hitbox and is 7 frames faster.

On paper Snake >>> Ike

But in practice Ike has things Snake doesn't like not getting juggled forever

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I have this awful feeling that Ike is on the chopping block and will probably be replaced by some new character from Fire Emblem. I'm not really a handheld player so Path of Radiance was my first real experience with Fire Emblem and I loved it! While my main Smash character has always been a Link, Ike's a very close second.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
honestly, they just need to make moves like in pm if it's super strong only a strong attack can break it(what's it call armor ?) that'd make heavies better

aba1

Smash Apprentice

Ike's aerials are stronger than Snake's
I dunno about this I haven't actually tested the aerials I do remember that his up was more powerful so I will take your word
Ike's aerials have more range than Snake's
I dunno about that one I mean snakes up and back aerial definitely have more range and his forward and down are debatable I mean Snakes legs are long enough to be comparable to Ikes sword at the very least especially since he puts his whole body into it.
Ike's usmash is stronger than Snake's
I can't remember the results on this test I thought snakes was stronger but since I don't remember it wouldn't be fair for me to act like I do. I do know for sure snakes has much better vertical range while Ikes has better horizontal.
Snake's fsmash might be stronger by a 1% or 2 but Ike's has a better hitbox and is 7 frames faster.
If I remember correctly it was a good 5% different or more I don't know about the frames though so I will assume you are accurate on that.
On paper Snake >>> Ike

But in practice Ike has things Snake doesn't like not getting juggled forever
I have never found that snake is all to vulnerable to juggling I mean with his weight he is obviously more so but he survives in damages much MUCH higher than Ike.

You definitely have some some interesting and good points though ^^.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I dunno about this I haven't actually tested the aerials I do remember that his up was more powerful so I will take your word

I dunno about that one I mean snakes up and back aerial definitely have more range and his forward and down are debatable I mean Snakes legs are long enough to be comparable to Ikes sword at the very least especially since he puts his whole body into it.

I can't remember the results on this test I thought snakes was stronger but since I don't remember it wouldn't be fair for me to act like I do. I do know for sure snakes has much better vertical range while Ikes has better horizontal.

If I remember correctly it was a good 5% different or more I don't know about the frames though so I will assume you are accurate on that.

I have never found that snake is all to vulnerable to juggling I mean with his weight he is obviously more so but he survives in damages much MUCH higher than Ike.

You definitely have some some interesting and good points though ^^.
Trust us buddy. Snake is a much better character than Ike. But when it comes to range there isnt a single character that beats ike. Ike's Fair is the longest range aerial in the game. His B-air is fast and long range. his nair covers entire platforms (as does Uair) and Uair has an incredibly wide and long lasting hitbox

As for power. Ike's raw power trumps snakes. Plus snake gets juggled a lot more than ike. It's the one thing that makes Ike-Snake not a terrible matchup. Snake lives to like 200% vs. most of the cast yet against Ike it's highly unlikely he'll break 150% if the ike is good at what he does

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What Ike needs:

Faster counter (make it frame 7 start counter frames)
QD less post lag on hit, charge faster
Eruption should be changed to a new move..
Aether needs to let Ike have the option to do a 2nd attack when he lands on the ground with it (a backflip slash which would have him grab the ledge then.. The backflip slash is the 2nd hit in the game)

Tilts should be faster, dsmash needs to send at a lower angle, and then Ike's pretty good. Oh give nair less landing lag :) (or bring back l canceling)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Been replaying Path of Radiance again since a long time, and I see why I fell in love with it before. It's been very long, replayed just about any FE game outside of 1 till 5 and 12 (can't emulate them) over the last year and none of the playthroughs is as enjoyable as Path of Radiance's. Just a very deep story and well written characters compared to what I've seen before. Hard Mode isn't all that hard even. But yeah... still like Ike.

Pretty much agree with all the above poster said about changes in his B moves. But if they decide to keep Eruption, make it with blue flames, as Ike was the Hero of Blue Flames. Aether also could use a more flashy animation, and indeed a second hit doing more serious damage (up to about 30%, which is still a small buff) and maybe give it a small hitbox where it'd restore some damage if all the multi hititng attacks hit? Make his sword glow for a brief moment (think of the Sol ability) and it'd heal a little. Furthermore, I think his slower style suits him, especially if he where to appear in Radiant Dawn appearance (which I hope). But overall speed buffs would still be appreciated yes. Maybe Quick Draw should pass through characters as well?

Anyway, hope Ike stays.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
35% Speed growth begs to differ. :p But as said before, small speed buffs would be nice. But his slower playstyle still kind of suits him. He just needs a few faster moves to keep characters faster than him at bay. F Tilt for example should come out faster and have less end lag.

Ike proved his awesomeness yesterday again though when battling the Black Knight. First turn
after I let Mist escape
I close in to him in close range, hit for small damage, he hit me for good damage. Ok, no problem, his turn: attacks me, hits, Ike attacks and Aether activates. 1/2th of Black Knight's HP gone, cool. My turn, just attack him again, no Aether and he hits me again doing moderate damage. His turn: LUNA activates, leaving even my max Str, Skl, Spd and Def Ike at 5 HP, then Aether activates again and I kill him in awesomeness. :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike still caps his speed which is 37 meaning he doesn't get doubled by swordmasters (fastest beroc units in game)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I know, but I wonder if he'd normally be able to reach those caps without PoR-data transfer and BEXP hax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom