• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ATTENTION MOTHER******!

IKE IS BACK!

NO ****IING MORE RECENCY GITZ BABY!

YEEEAAAAHHH!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
IKE JOINS THE F*CKING BRAWL

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlvophYIQ

IKE GREW UP

THE HYPE IS REAL

OH MY GOODNESS HE LOOKS FANTASTIC

HE IS SO MANLY I LOVE IT

HERE TO COMMAND YOUR FORCES

I LOVE THE NEW COLOR SCHEME

SHOULDER AND LEG ARMOR LOOKIN' GOOD

HE USES THOSE SHOULDERS FOR HIS FRIENDS

THE LADIES FLIP FOR IKE

SEE?

YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM HIM

MANLIER THAN LITTLE MAC?!

LAST THING FOOLS SEE

SO SATISFYING

GET HYPE oh it's a fish

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
funny, I thought Ike was going to be cut. Now I wonder about Chrom's chances

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Congrats Ike fans!!! Holy crap, I have never played Fire Emblem games, but this updated version of Ike, by far is one of the most bad ass Sword Fighters I have seen. I am gonna have to play around with him more this time around.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IKE IS BACK *******!!!! Looks like "Only two FE reps ever" is a thing of the past.

...Or will be soon.

**** YES!!! This is actually bigger and better news to me than literally any newcomer announcement, revealed or otherwise.

YESSSSSSSSSS

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Congratulations, I must admit I thought he was the forth most likely cut but that was an expectation and not a want.

Looks like either Chrom will be hidden or they are preparing for a Awesome reveal trailer.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
IKE IS BACK *****ES!!!! Looks like "Only two FE reps ever" is a thing of the past.

...Or will be soon.

**** YES!!! This is actually bigger and better news to me than literally any newcomer announcement, revealed or otherwise.

YESSSSSSSSSS
Welp, guess I need to switch my avatar already lol

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
OMG I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW MY MAIN FROM BRAWL/PROJECT M IS BACK

RADIANT DAWN IKE VERSION TOO <3

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this time he got his shock wave as a projectile.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wonder if this time he got his shock wave as a projectile.
That sure would be nice. Eruption made almost negative sense.

Really hoping he's got the sword beams this time. Come on...come on...

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So Ike's back to fight for his friends. Better yet, no Awakening design. An awesome end to the week, if you ask me XD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"Ike is going to be cut in Smash 4, isn't he, Mr. Sakurai?"

"Oh, he'll be cut all right."

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
AH, good to see him back. I never really used him, but since many considered him cut bait it gives more hope towards a Wolf, Lucas and other 'doubtful' veterans return.

The design sure reflects his play style a little more. A nice aesthetic change!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i'd rather have Ike in his Radiant Dawn look since he looks so freakin' boss. Imagine how awesome it would look if he used his RD model in Smash 4.
Looks like i was right about Ike coming back with his RD look in Smash 4. I also find it funny how so many people are butthurt over the fact that he's back. Heck, Chrom is currently trending on Twitter in the U.S because people thought he'd "obviously" be replaced by Chrom like Roy was. Ha! Well, im happy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Looking forward to seeing Chrom now, even moreso than before so we won't have to put up with "Two FE characters only" and "Marth + Recent Lord" bull**** for the next installment.

Ike...I'm so glad you're back.

Last edited:

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
(First post!)

I'm too happy; I just...shouldn't be this happy. I'm almost positive that Sakurai knew that it was my birthday, and decided to announce Ike today because Fire Emblem is my favorite franchise, along with Smash. Exceedingly happy to see his Radiant Dawn model this time around. I thought that would've made sense in Brawl, but this gives him...growth throughout the franchise, I suppose. I knew they would do this if he was included, based on Marth looking more like his FE3 remake model and such. Only thing that could make this better is if they kind of...overhauled him. I for one, being such a Path of Radiance fan, was extremely disappointed with how Ike played in Brawl. I know it's to differentiate him from Marth, but in Path of Radiance, Ike's best stat was speed, and he's slow as dirt in Brawl. :/ Sakurai seems to insinuate that they chose this model partly because in Smash, Ike is slow and strong, and this more looks the part. Just...as an Ike fan from his source material, he felt very wrong to me. More so than anyone I can think of, aside from people like Captain Falcon, who's move set isn't derived from a source, since he...drives a car, and is not a professional knee-er.

Also, I can't help but think that the bitter-sweet feeling people are having in regards to Chrom being out because of this, is misplaced. Star Fox got three characters; Fire Emblem can do it too. Especially considering that Awakening is the most successful game in a series that started 24 years ago, I think Chrom is an obvious newcomer. It's interesting though, because Chrom is descended from Marth, and has aether; Ike's skill. Making him feel like more than a compromise of the two will take some improvising and creativity. Back to Ike though, it would be nice if he got the shock waves from using Ragnell at range, probably in place of eruption. If they find a way to increase speed, lower damage / knockback while still retaining that meaty feel of his hits, and give him the shockwaves, that would be just...perfect. Side note, I'm playing through Path of Radiance currently, then Radiant Dawn after I finish, so this is making the hype even more real.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ike is a man. A biiiiig strong man. O_O

I didn't use him much in Brawl... but umm... yeah... Looking like potential main status. ^^"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Finally one of my mains get confirmed, that's a first since E3 with Samus, and it's none other than the one I was the most uncertain about. Everyone's favorite friend: Ike is back! It's hard to express just how relieved I am to see him, I was almost ready to give him up. Today is a good day.

@ Rattlehead2Deth Rattlehead2Deth It's great not only to see another Ike buddy, but also another fellow Megadeth fan. Welcome to the boards, and happy b-day!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Grats, guys. I never really used Ike, but it's always nice to see another vet and the hype for them.
ALSO CALLING FOR A MANN CONTEST BETWEEN MAC AND IKE

WHO IS THE MANNLIER MANN? YOU DECIDE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
Finally one of my mains get confirmed, that's a first since E3 with Samus, and it's none other than the one I was the most uncertain about. Everyone's favorite friend: Ike. It's hard to express just how relieved I am to see him, I was almost ready to give him up. Today is a good day.

@ Rattlehead2Deth Rattlehead2Deth It's great not only to see another Ike buddy, but also another fellow Megadeth fan. Welcome to the boards, and happy b-day!
Thanks a lot! Fire Emblem and Megadeth fan? With some longevity, that's best friend material in my book. xP
Well, assuming you like Ike not just from Smash (though it's fine if you do), are/were you happy with how he plays in Brawl? I used him at first, because Ike hype, but then I just couldn't stick with him, and mained Marth and Wolf.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thanks a lot! Fire Emblem and Megadeth fan? With some longevity, that's best friend material in my book. xP
Well, assuming you like Ike not just from Smash (though it's fine if you do), are/were you happy with how he plays in Brawl? I used him at first, because Ike hype, but then I just couldn't stick with him, and mained Marth and Wolf.
Ike is literally the only one of my mains whose game I haven't played, and it's a bit silly considering I have had Path of Radiance sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I guess I was just a bit scared of playing it since I wouldn't want to get myself too hyped up for Ike in case he was cut, I'm definitely going to play it now though, potentially also Radiant Dawn if I like PoR, but it's my first real Fire Emblem experience so no promises.

I like how he plays in Brawl, I do want him to get a bit more speed this time around though, mostly on his F-Tilt, would fit with the faster gameplay of this game. I absolutely adore him in Project M.

Rattlehead2Deth

Smash Rookie
Ike is literally the only one of my mains whose game I haven't played, and it's a bit silly considering I have had Path of Radiance sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I guess I was just a bit scared of playing it since I wouldn't want to get myself too hyped up for Ike in case he was cut, I'm definitely going to play it now though, potentially also Radiant Dawn if I like PoR, but it's my first real Fire Emblem experience so no promises.

I like how he plays in Brawl, I do want him to get a bit more speed this time around though, mostly on his F-Tilt, would fit with the faster gameplay of this game. I absolutely adore him in Project M.
I tend to favor faster characters than Ike generally, but I may've enjoyed him more if I didn't have differing expectations going in. See, I've played Path of Radiance 8 times to completion, and...it may well be my favorite game ever (though...never would've played it if not for melee, so...) so I just wanted Ike to be faster. He's maxed speed for me every time with no assistance, so... you can see how his speed in Brawl might be off putting. But yeah, highly recommend playing it, and Radiant Dawn as well. Not as good in my opinion due to it's kind of... unfocused cast, but I'm really looking forward to replaying it myself, as soon as I finish POR. I do enjoy PM Ike much more than Brawl; all the quick draw cancel stuff is great. Also nice that accidental N-airs that come out when you jab at the edge don't just kill you every time in PM...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats, Ike fans!

Now we can put those ****ty relevancy arguments to rest. We were in constant plight to see him cut from numerous rosters (**** you, Gamesradar). The possibility of being cut was a mighty foe indeed, but we made a vow to see the light of the day. Now we bask in the eternal glory of his confirmation. It's victory united, indeed.

Sorry if it sounds cheesy. I kind of wanted to make a post like this, haha.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to all you Ike lovers.
I adore his new design and indeed, manly appearance.

This confirms that Captain Falcon will be even manlier tho! :D
Yay.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Yes now I can rest assured I will be happy with the end roster now that I know Ike is back. I think they should make him slightly faster and slightly weaker this time around. I also think his quickdraw should be more like Project M`s. At least make his quickdraw have less cool down time so it is more useful.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
He looks just amazing. I'm glad Sakurai went with his Radiant Dawn appearance.

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Oh my god our Wittle Ikey is a big strong man.

I think this calls for a group hug.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
For the occasion I made this background for my netbook. Now I only have to wait for my FE:A character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom