• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Cool to see Ike is back. I was fairly certain he would return, but there was always that nagging "what if"; It would have been a shame to lose a character with such a satisfying moveset.

What I'm wondering is that with his new physique if his swings are going to be more powerful. It would be a little strange aesthetically to have Ike and Brawl and SM4SH have the same amount of power in their attacks, despite the noticeable muscular difference. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because Japan is made up of tiny girly men. Where is this comparison even occurring?
Pixiv. If you turn your Chrome translator on when reading each Ike fanart descriptions, the word gorilla appears at least more than once. Kotaku even caught on to this trend.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Pixiv. If you turn your Chrome translator on when reading each Ike fanart descriptions, the word gorilla appears at least more than once. Kotaku even caught on to this trend.
I don't use Chrome or Pixiv. Is there a link I can be sent to? I use FireFox.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Godzilla is a mispronunciation of Gojira which means Gorilla Whale in Japan. So Japan basically thinks he is strong without being a large sea mammal stranded on the beach and "wailing (whaling)" in agony.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Godzilla is a mispronunciation of Gojira which means Gorilla Whale in Japan. So Japan basically thinks he is strong without being a large sea mammal stranded on the beach and "wailing (whaling)" in agony.
Thanks for the clarification. Still, loving the new Ike since there could be some interesting shipping opportunities with that. :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
this is actualy wrong godzilla is the official english translation of gojira made by the japaneese marketing team....no really the people who made the movie ave even confirmed this

Twewy

Smash Lord
My dying wish is for the future Ike board to be named "Gorilla".

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
this is actualy wrong godzilla is the official english translation of gojira made by the japaneese marketing team....no really the people who made the movie ave even confirmed this
I bought it as a dumb American. But, luckily, if you are an American you are always "right."

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
So stoked to see Ike return. I wonder if he'll finally be able to use the Ragnell's projectile attack. Also, it would be awesome to see him use the Urvan (Greil's axe) for his Final Smash.

I think this really lowers the chances of Chrom appearing, however. There are already two blue-haired lords in the game who wield swords. One wields a heavy sword while the other wields a lighter one. Perhaps if Chrom makes it he'll wield a sword with moderate power? Then again, he IS wielding the Falchion, albeit with a different design than the one Marth is wielding.

Even so, I think this lowers the chances of any new sword-wielding Fire Emblem characters appearing as playable fighters. Even if Anna and/or Robin were to make it in what would they wield? I could see her using the Levin Sword as well as Robin using magic, but that's it.

Anyways, hooray for Ike.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
If they have "With Anyone" or "With Friends" buttons for Nintendo Network play, they gotta have Ike on dat "With Friends" button.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Even in "For Glory" Ike fights for his friends. Heck, Ike lifts for his friends!

What a swell guys.
Why Japan compares the new Ike to a gorilla is beyond me.
Because they hate upper body strength, which is why Japan has so few quality athletes in any sport that isn't something like baseball or soccer.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
This seems to be a tradition with returning vet forums.

Though, considering the amount of flak Ike in particular received as being 'likely to be cut', I think we deserve to have one of these.

Post away.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We posted this thread at the same time...

Grr.....

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I was right.

Ike way too popular and unique to be gone. Fire Emblem has 13 games, it'll get 3 reps

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I Can't wait to fight for my friends in SSB4. I had my doubts about Ike returning. I, like many others, thought Sakurai would be shallow and replace Ike with Chrom just because Chrom is the newer lord. I guess now we can finally have three Fire Emblem reps.

I have never been more happy about being wrong. Ike looks even more amazing than he did in Brawl. Ike's radiant dawn design coveys his strength a lot better than the path of radiance design used in brawl.

Ike's return makes me think that we will get almost every character from brawl back. Now my only doubts of Brawl vets are Snake, ivysaur and Squirtle. Hell, even snake can make it back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom