• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I never actually believed Ike was in any real danger. Many pointed out that he could have had the same fate as Roy, but they tend to forget that Roy was supposed to be in Brawl but just didn't have enough time. At times I would be a little uncertain, but overall I didn't think he'd be cut.

Hong

The Strongest
Not like I feel bad about keeping my expectations low. Just made the reveal all the better.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I started to wonder when he wasn't shown off in the direct. "Shoot if they don't show him now when WILL they show him? Will he be a secret character or something?" And then this morning happened...wonderful!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Just thought I'd make this thread about that subject in the interim. Usually when we get a new character, their character art is displayed next to their board title on the same day of the reveal. Perhaps whoever's in charge of that is in the process of making the icon? Same with forum smiles?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I know Snake X Samus and Little Mac X Samus were things before, but I won't be surprised if Ike X Samus starts making headway on fansites.

Sorry Soren.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know; but I really need a new Ike emoticon for my Ike related jokes. I am also curious to see how it turns out as some are better than others.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
I want to see Ike vs Little Mac. They are both muscly heavy hitting men with Short ranged melee attacks, a dash swipeing attack and counters

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't see why Ike would mind having ZSS ride him.
Because Ike is all about that bro-mance homie.

I mean c'mon!!! At the end of Radiant Dawn he rides off with his smash bro, instead of marrying and impregnating a bow.

Also, this is relevant...

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Ike is not interested in women, he just wants to eat a lot of meat and crush his enemies' skulls between his thighs.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wonder how Ike's gonna function in the new physics of the game now.

Faster than Brawl means he's getting back down to earth quicker and become less prone to juggling. Does Ike gain any combos if hitstun is slightly increased from Brawl? How big is his priority going to be in grabbing the ledge in the new ledge mechanics of Smash 4?

Speculations.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I never doubted Ike's chances, but I was worried at certain points that he would not return. Like when Marth was confirmed in November 2013, I thought that Ike was demoted to a secret character.

So now I'm glad that he's finally been revealed. Path of Radiance was my first Fire Emblem game.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Wonder how Ike's gonna function in the new physics of the game now.

Faster than Brawl means he's getting back down to earth quicker and become less prone to juggling. Does Ike gain any combos if hitstun is slightly increased from Brawl? How big is his priority going to be in grabbing the ledge in the new ledge mechanics of Smash 4?

Speculations.
A lot of combo possibilites open up in PM even without using the jump out of QD. Ike's combos are more based on the fact that his moves have excellent coverage and his ground speed is actually good, allowing him to catch a lot of DI and finish well. His attacks being slow plagues him in terms of defense, and his combos are more easily interrupted than most.

Edit: I suppose I should also mention that he depends on grab combos quite a bit, so yeah, Ike certainly benefits a lot from actual hit-stun.

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I really didnt care much if Ike returned at first. But with his new model I'm very hyped for him to be back. The old model looks so wimpy and weak whet next to the new one. He's almost as ripped as C.Falcon!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was a little fearful that he was on the chopping block, but I still felt that his return was fully justified and probable. I'm quite happy to see him return.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
They're both on the way, don't worry. Need to wait for AZ for them though

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
When I saw Marth using a move similar to Ike's Quick Draw, I thought Ike's chances were low. But I am pleasantly surprised.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It doesn't sound like a comment when someone says that to you with your clothes off.

But just charge your eruption and wait.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I seriously thought Ike would be one of the few cuts in this game. I'm glad I was wrong because Ike is a great character. Hopefully this means we get 3 fire emblem characters.

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
I was wrong, I didn't want him to be cut from the game because him and Snake were the only characters I really enjoyed playing in Brawl and PM. However the naysayers got my hopes down, but when the reveal came early this morning after I got back from smashing at a friends house it made it all the sweeter.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I will come here to hang my head in shame. I thought he was going to be cut. My Roy bias blinded me. That being said, I'm actually glad he's back. He was one of the more unique Brawl newcomers, and while I probably won't use him much, it's still nice to see him. Roy's still my boy, but because of Project M, I'm over Ike replacing Roy in Brawl. Welcome back, Ike.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I was wrong and I did want him cut. But hey there's obviously nothing I can do about it. Keep having fun you guys.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I admit. I was wrong. But to be honest, I am very happy for Ike to come back. After all, I think he showed up in like 2 Fire Emblem games where he was the main character: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. He was also a DLC character in Fire Emblem Awakening, I believe. I guess it gave Sakurai more to work with on Ike's side of the series.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ur a cheater :4myfriends:
Think outside ze box and we win ze game, friend!

:4myfriends:

Also regarding the OP, yes I was wrong. I thought Ike would be one of the few characters cut (along with Pokemon Trainer and Lucas).

But good lord he looks so amazing & hawt that I might main him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom