• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I was a bit surprised at how happy I was that Ike was back, but in retrospect is makes sense. I had to vote "no clue" because I thought it was possible that Chrom would just go ahead and replace Ike, but I didn't think it was definitive.

Ike was probably my favorite newcomer in Brawl, and his FE games are definitely my favorites in the series. Now that he's back and all grown up, I'm definitely going to make him one of my frequents (as opposed to "mains," because I tend to play so many different characters).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Of course I knew he was coming back. if Tink and 'cario returned, I don't see how Ike couldn't

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Considering I haven't given up hope for even Ivysaur and Squirtle, it should be clear that I had faith that Ike would return.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I didn't really care whether Ike came back or not, I just thought he might've been somewhat low priority, and thus possibly cut due to time constraints that I HIGHLY doubt will actually be a significant problem. But I guess either he was higher priority than I thought... or none of the brawl vets are in any particular risk of getting cut and they're all in decent condition... Well, I guess the 3DS version might be sooner than I think but whatever.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Seriously, why are people (especially some FE fans) so surprised to see Ike look so buff in Smash 4. It's like these people never played played Radiant Dawn.

I'm pretty sure pretty much most of people making the complaints have either not played Radiant Dawn or only know Ike by his Brawl appearance.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My only issue with the Ike debate during the long span was mostly in regards to the same issue I have with absolutism in regards to any character without evidence to support the claim. I was as glad to see him back as anyone, but I wasn't to accept a 100% rate without either a confirmation or extremely strong evidence which there never was till his reveal yesterday.

Staarih

Smash Master
I wonder if everyone has understood by now that Ike fights for his friends?

Anyway, what is up with FE-characters and random reveals? First Marth, then Ike. Or were those dates something special that I'm just missing?

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
So glad Ike is returning to smash. I figured he might have been removed thanks to chroms's high popularity but I see htis a s chance to have the whole line up in the game. Sorta like the star fox, Pokemon line up.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I pretty much took an "anything can happen" stance on Ike's return, like with pretty much everything people debate about.

Also, Ike's render looks pretty bad ass as one of those post watermarks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Anyway, what is up with FE-characters and random reveals? First Marth, then Ike. Or were those dates something special that I'm just missing?
They were random reveals alright. Fitting, isn't it?

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

I don't think there was anything special...

Pfft. For all we know, we could Roy at any random time.

...I would be the happiest girl in the world if that happened. He was supposed to be in Brawl...so...who's to say he won't come back this time around? Added with an Awakening newcomer...4 FE reps would be amazing.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
The only reason I wouldn't want 4 or more reps is because all FE has is similarly styled human characters, and that really cuts in on the weird **** Smash has with the two dimensional beings, dragon turtles, mountain dwarves, etc. Laguz would be boring, but I guess Manaketes and Taguels could potentially work.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
4 FE reps or even just Marth, Ike and Roy would be a dream come true, but I'm not expecting them to happen.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I wouldn't want 4 or more reps is because all FE has is similarly styled human characters, and that really cuts in on the weird **** Smash has with the two dimensional beings, dragon turtles, mountain dwarves, etc. Laguz would be boring, but I guess Manaketes and Taguels could potentially work.
And all the Donkey Kong franchise has is monkeys...yeah, okay then.

But in all seriousness, I'd love to see Nowi as a FE rep, and Robin. With the way things are going, Robin just very well get in.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I thought he could be cut. At first, I didn't really care for Ike and never played him. However, after his reveal yesterday and seeing his new model, I am so ovberjoyed he is back. This new look actually made want to see how he played in Brawl, and now, he's my second favorite character to play! Even if Snake doesn't return (Oh please Sakurai for the love of everything holy include Snake again) I'm happy we have an actual MAN in the game. Also, after seeing Ike again, I'm believe there is a strong chance that the entire Brawl roster will return.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So if the characters got unique victory themes, what do you think Ike's should be?
Personally I'd pick his theme

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I think Ike should have the Fire Emblem theme, but have a greater emphasis on dat percussion. It was a highlight of the musical direction for the Greil Mercenaries in Path of Radiance.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I had no doubt that hed be gone.
In melee, roy was a marth clone, so in brawl ike replaced him. Ike has a unique moveset so he doesnt need to be cut. This does not diminish chroms chances. Fire emblem could hold 3 reps. Especially with awakenings popularity.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My vote goes to Ike's theme. It's one of the few pieces of music from PoR that I still remember, after all these years.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I have a friend obsessed with muscles and the word "lift".

Maybe I should send him pictures of Ike.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
What? No one can appreciate Buff!Ike's badass appearance? I'd kill to get a body like that. If only I didn't let myself go.
Haha. Characters like Ike are the reasons I workout, so I can cosplay as my main.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
There is no canon relationship for Ike, except for perhaps Elincia. Priam has to come from somewhere.

Can't Soren just be Ike's close friend? Why do yaoi people always do this?

Edit: Please don't answer those questions, they're rhetorical. Please understand.

Myself... I think it'd be *funny* if Ike ended up marrying Nephenee. They're both down-to-earth; they're both fierce warriors; both have blue hair. But of course I know they go their seperate ways.

PoR had very little romance, though, for a FE game. Any kind of pairing you make in that game has to stretch quite a bit.

I mean, even with Jill and Haar, for instance. They have a good reason to be close. They tend to look out for one another, and tease one another. But Haar looks to have a good 15-20 years on Jill. That's kinda gross. I think she looks at him more like an uncle, really.

There are an absurdly small number of canonically gay characters anyway. Ike's sexuality was left ambiguous, nothing more, and it's not a much of a stretch to assume one way or the other. He was completely uninterested in Elincia and can't end up with her through any support/story events. Soren could be his close friend, or they could be in love. Why the hell is any one person's *completely valid* interpretation of source material any cause of grief to you?

And this line really hit my berserk button.

Why do yaoi people always do this?
Grow the **** up. The number of heterosexual characters and romances far eclipse gay characters and relationships not just in Fire Emblem, but in basically all media. Do you hear gay people complaining about straight people consistently cramming their sexuality down their throats?

I believe Ike is one the best Lords in the Fire Emblem series and a really great character. I also believe he's gay. There's nothing wrong with that and if people like you were more mature about it, it wouldn't have to be ambiguous.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

There are an absurdly small number of canonically gay characters anyway. Ike's sexuality was left ambiguous, nothing more, and it's not a much of a stretch to assume one way or the other. He was completely uninterested in Elincia and can't end up with her through any support/story events. Soren could be his close friend, or they could be in love. Why the hell is any one person's *completely valid* interpretation of source material any cause of grief to you?

Grow the **** up. The number of heterosexual characters and romances far eclipse gay characters and relationships not just in Fire Emblem, but in basically all media. Do you hear gay people complaining about straight people consistently cramming their sexuality down their throats?

I believe Ike is one the best Lords in the Fire Emblem series and a really great character. I also believe he's gay. There's nothing wrong with that and if people like you were more mature about it, it wouldn't have to be ambiguous.
As a Yaoi Fangirl, words cannot describe how much I love you right now.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
As some who aprecciates humor, your post made me laugh.

On the note of Ike being gay, I'm okay with it. If Ike is gay, then hooray, we have a masculine homosexual protagonist. That is very rare in video games.
If Ike is straight, that's okay too because we still have a strong protagonist.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
As some who aprecciates humor, your post made me laugh.

On the note of Ike being gay, I'm okay with it. If Ike is gay, then hooray, we have a masculine homosexual protagonist. That is very rare in video games.
If Ike is straight, that's okay too because we still have a strong protagonist.
It's people like you that make me believe that not everyone on these types of forums are homophobic ***holes. Thank you.

But at the end of the day, it's not about Ike's sexuality. It's about the fact that he is a badass in every possible way.

Hong

The Strongest
As a fellow connoisseur of yaoi, words cannot describe how happy I am to see Ike return. ◔ᴗ◔

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Dude quit bringing such a stupid topic, caring about such a thing would make you sound like a Schizophrenic person, because it's a ****ing Video game character on top of that a Video game character in a T rated series which is ridiculous, quit the topic and the fact Priam exist make you sound delusional.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom