• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Dude quit bringing such a stupid topic, caring about such a thing would make you sound like a Schizophrenic person, because it's a ****ing Video game character on top of that a Video game character in a T rated series which is ridiculous, quit the topic and the fact Priam exist make you sound delusional.
I'm not even going to bother going to argue with you since your homophobia is pretty damn well documented. If you don't want any part of this conversation, then don't respond to my posts.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yes. Because I take stock in the fact that Ike has a son, I must be terrified of homosexuals.

Instead of assuming things about me, why don't you engage in an actual conversation? Why drag my name through the dirt? Because that's kinda what I've come to expect from yaoi fans. Thus, I let slip some frustration.

How about this for a mind-blower: my best friend used to be a homosexual named Marcus. We met in Japan during a school trip that lasted 3 weeks. At one point I even considered dating him. But it never went anywhere. Then he married some guy and moved to Japan and cut ties with everyone he knew. To this day I am the only person who knew him all that well, and I still stick up for him in front of people who like to make fun of him. I still wish we could be friends to this day. Or how about the lesbian I made friends with on that same fateful trip? I won't give you her name because she was trying to join the military and I have no idea where she is now.

Here's a picture of Marcus. I'm in the group shot, too, though my hair is different now. As if I owe the lot of you anything, at this point. Accuse me of hate and then hate on me, huh?

Now you look at Marcus. And now you tell me if you saw him in his favorite Sailor Moon cosplay, you wouldn't laugh at him. I hate that picture because if ANYONE ever called Marcus a ****** to his face, I would be on them like white on rice. But this is what he's famous for, on the internet. The butt of someone's joke. I hate it.

Maybe I'm not so cookie-cutter after all, like you thought? Is it too much to ask for an apology for attacking my good name, over a cartoon character?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm not even going to bother going to argue with you since your homophobia is pretty damn well documented. If you don't want any part of this conversation, then don't respond to my posts.
If you are so stern about him being gay, than keep it yourself, don't go off feeding lies to people who aren't familiar with the characters, you can call me homophobe (all though I'm sure as hell not afraid of them), so please we are here to discuss how badass Ike is not what his **** prefer.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It's people like you that make me believe that not everyone on these types of forums are homophobic ***holes. Thank you.

But at the end of the day, it's not about Ike's sexuality. It's about the fact that he is a badass in every possible way.
Yes! You gets it! Finally! There is always one badass in each Smash game. In SSB and Melee it was Captian Falcon, in Brawl it was Snake, now in SSB it's Ike!

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yes. Because I take stock in the fact that Ike has a son, I must be terrified of homosexuals.

Instead of assuming things about me, why don't you engage in an actual conversation? Why drag my name through the dirt? Because that's kinda what I've come to expect from yaoi fans. Thus, I let slip some frustration.

How about this for a mind-blower: my best friend used to be a homosexual named Marcus. We met in Japan during a school trip that lasted 3 weeks. At one point I even considered dating him. But it never went anywhere. Then he married some guy and moved to Japan and cut ties with everyone he knew. To this day I am the only person who knew him all that well, and I still stick up for him in front of people who like to make fun of him. I still wish we could be friends to this day. Or how about the lesbian I made friends with on that same fateful trip? I won't give you her name because she was trying to join the military and I have no idea where she is now.

Here's a picture of Marcus. I'm in the group shot, too, though my hair is different now. As if I owe the lot of you anything, at this point. Accuse me of hate and then hate on me, huh?

Now you look at Marcus. And now you tell me if you saw him in his favorite Sailor Moon cosplay, you wouldn't laugh at him. I hate that picture because if ANYONE ever called Marcus a ****** to his face, I would be on them like white on rice. But this is what he's famous for, on the internet. The butt of someone's joke. I hate it.

Maybe I'm not so cookie-cutter after all, like you thought? Is it too much to ask for an apology for attacking my good name, over a cartoon character?
You're not as cookie-cutter as I thought.

That said, you were still being a ****. You made a sweeping generalization on a whole group of people based on some frustration and were criticized as a result of it. I don't know your life story from a single post you make so if you sound like a hateful idiot I will treat you like one. Phrase things better.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You're not as cookie-cutter as I thought.

That said, you were still being a ****. You made a sweeping generalization on a whole group of people based on some frustration and were criticized as a result of it. I don't know your life story from a single post you make so if you sound like a hateful idiot I will treat you like one. Phrase things better.
I guess this passes for an apology.

Now leave me alone.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well, that was...eventful.

Question: Would you like to have Ike play like he did in Brawl, or with more speed and less power, like in his actual games?

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
There is only one valid interpretation of Ike's romantic relationships and that is that he has none of any kind. The ending of RD always has him leave on a journey alone. Yes Ranulf and Soren leave on journeys too, but they do not journey with Ike. Their journeys are probably inspired by Ike's journey, but nowhere does it say either pair left together. Priam's existence is accounted for through Boyd's and Mist's relationships which leaves Ike as Priam's ancestor. The best interpretation of Ike is that he lives by the ultimate philosophy: **** *******, get money.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
There is only one valid interpretation of Ike's romantic relationships and that is that he has none of any kind. The ending of RD always has him leave on a journey alone. Yes Ranulf and Soren leave on journeys too, but they do not journey with Ike. Their journeys are probably inspired by Ike's journey, but nowhere does it say either pair left together. Priam's existence is accounted for through Boyd's and Mist's relationships which leaves Ike as Priam's ancestor. The best interpretation of Ike is that he lives by the ultimate philosophy: **** *****es, get money.
Actually someone Pointed that the japanese text states Priam as being the Scion of Ike, which mean a direct lineage.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
That made my day.

Personally, I'd like Ike to play with a lot more speed and a little less power.
I don't know if giving Ike a direct speed buff is a good idea. I think his Smash4 range MIGHT have been nerfed, but even with a 'slight' power decrease Ike has a LOT of coverage in his moves. Being able to react to DI is a very powerful thing and is what makes characters like Meta Knight, Sheik and Fox so good in their respective games.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I don't know if giving Ike a direct speed buff is a good idea. I think his Smash4 range MIGHT have been nerfed, but even with a 'slight' power decrease Ike has a LOT of coverage in his moves. Being able to react to DI is a very powerful thing and is what makes characters like Meta Knight, Sheik and Fox so good in their respective games.
When I mean speed, I mean the speed he executes his moves. His moves were so slow in brawl, and I'd like to see his moves speed up.

Commander

Smash Ace
Actually someone Pointed that the japanese text states Priam as being the Scion of Ike, which mean a direct lineage.
I'm more inclined to believe that Priam is a liar and that his Ragnell is a fake since he uses it as throwing weapon. Don't try and tell me that Ragnell lost its blessings over the years and can't shoot flames and has limited uses now because that is completely untrue. Ragnell does not shoot fire because it is blessed. Ragnell shoots blue fire because that is the physical manifestation of Ike's manliness. If Priam was truly a descendant of Ike he should have easily been able to set the air on fire through his own will power.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ike did not just grow up, and man up, and bulk up, just to be a fast, light hitter. Ragnell is huge and heavy. Ike is a big guy. Moderate speed and hits like a truck. That's how he was, and that's how I want him to stay.

All he needs are a few lag tweeks and a new neutral B, though a buff to Quick Draw or Aether would be nice.

I'm more inclined to believe that Priam is a liar and that hi Ragnell is a fake since he uses it as throwing weapon. Don't try and tell me that Ragnell lost its blessings over the years and can't shoot flames and has limited uses now because that is completely untrue. Ragnell does not shoot fire because it is blessed. Ragnell shoots blue fire because that is the physical manifestation of Ike's manliness. If Priam was truly a descendant of Ike he should have easily been able to set the air on fire through his own will power.
Now you're just being silly.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Apparently no one told Sakurai that hits are meant to be followed up on in a fighting game.

"Ike can just stand there striking a pose after he hits with Quick Draw. He's very proud. Mastering telekinesis is hard you know. He wants to show off a little."

No, he wants to fight for his friends, why won't you let me, Brawl. Why won't you let me.

Hong

The Strongest
Is it so certain?

Marth is the descendant of Anri, but Anri himself did not have children.

Edit - More specifically, Anri may or may not have had children, but it was his brother that succeeded the throne.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm more inclined to believe that Priam is a liar and that his Ragnell is a fake since he uses it as throwing weapon. Don't try and tell me that Ragnell lost its blessings over the years and can't shoot flames and has limited uses now because that is completely untrue. Ragnell does not shoot fire because it is blessed. Ragnell shoots blue fire because that is the physical manifestation of Ike's manliness. If Priam was truly a descendant of Ike he should have easily been able to set the air on fire through his own will power.
Unless Ike went through insecteous relationships to reserve the purity of bloodline , which is not possible because he left Tellius, which means Ike blood will pretty much be diluted through the generations. The blessing on Ragnell dissipates because Ashera is gone and Yune is somewhat gone, and if you are saying Ragnell is shooting fire because of Ike manliness, why doesn't Ike manliness affect other kind of swords.

Please don't take me as a hostile as did Lordling, I just love debating, maybe I suck at it but you can't stop doing things you love.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Is it so certain?

Edit - More specifically, Anri may or may not have had children, but it was his brother that succeeded the throne.
And btw a brother is different from a sister, if you think about it, if a descendant will entitle him to a title than he would go to the ancestors of his father, which include the brother of the father, but calling yourself on the your mother lineage is frowned upon, because you are dismissing your father lineage, which brings shame to the father, after all you uphold your father name not your mothers.

Commander

Smash Ace
Unless Ike went through insecteous relationships to reserve the purity of bloodline , which is not possible because he left Tellius, which means Ike blood will pretty much be diluted through the generations. The blessing on Ragnell dissipates because Ashera is gone and Yune is somewhat gone, and if you are saying Ragnell is shooting fire because of Ike manliness, why doesn't Ike manliness affect other kind of swords.

Please don't take me as a hostile as did Lordling, I just love debating, maybe I suck at it but you can't stop doing things you love.
How dare you call yourself an Ike fan and doubt the potency of his seed? It is very simple why Ike only sets the air aflame with Ragnell and not with other blades. Ike is a very kind man, and the people of Tellius hold their false gods very closely. Ike, in his infinite charity and wisdom, had decided to continue to play along with this illusion for the happiness of the people, so he had kept his power secret till he acquired Ragnell so that the people may believe that their gods truly held power when the reality was that Ike was the only one with power.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
How dare you call yourself an Ike fan and doubt the potency of his seed? It is very simple why Ike only sets the air aflame with Ragnell and not with other blades. Ike is a very kind man, and the people of Tellius hold their false gods very closely. Ike, in his infinite charity and wisdom, had decided to continue to play along with this illusion for the happiness of the people, so he had kept his power secret till he acquired Ragnell so that the people may believe that their gods truly held power when the reality was that Ike was the only one with power.
I see....I feel stupid now that I took you seriously.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Priam is the descendant of Ike. Not the descendant of Mist. There's kind of a difference. Not really directing this at you, but I already quoted @ Commander Commander . Ragnell shot beams out of it because it was enchanted with magic. Like you said, the magic is plausible to have dissipated since, I dunno, Ike killed the demon goddess with the sword. And anyway, arguing that the game is LYING TO YOU because a sword has a different animation is kind of loony. Ike threw his sword too. Remember Aether? His most famous move? Yeah.

Is it so certain?

I know zilch about Marth's backstory, because I never played any of them. But if someone is the descendant of Anri, that means that Anri had a child. I don't say that I'm the descendant of my uncle, now do I? That's just loony.

EDIT
If Prian was the descendant of GREIL, that would be one thing. But he's not.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Priam is the descendant of Ike. Not the descendant of Mist. There's kind of a difference. Not really directing this at you, but I already quoted @ Commander Commander . Ragnell shot beams out of it because it was enchanted with magic. Like you said, the magic is plausible to have dissipated since, I dunno, Ike killed the demon goddess with the sword. And anyway, arguing that the game is LYING TO YOU because a sword has a different animation is kind of loony. Ike threw his sword too. Remember Aether? His most famous move? Yeah.

I know zilch about Marth's backstory, because I never played any of them. But if someone is the descendant of Anri, that means that Anri had a child. I don't say that I'm the descendant of my uncle, now do I? That's just loony.
It's called a collateral descendant, but the fact the a game as simple and direct as Awakening in it's story telling contradict that Priam is a collateral descendant and cement the argument of Priam being direct descendant.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
But that's how it is written, regardless. Alteans rulers are the descendants of the warrior hero, Anri, who slew the dark dragon Medeus. It was the brother of Anri, Marcelus, who continued the lineage.

I don't make assumptions on Ike or Marth alike. It's open to interpretation, and I am 100% okay with any idea people have had for Ike's tale after the war.

I have a number of ideas, and a union with Soren, Ranulf, a woman, or even asexuality in the pursuit of focusing on being the ultimate warrior, are among them.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
But that's how it is written, regardless. Alteans rulers are the descendants of the warrior hero, Anri, who slew the dark dragon Medeus. It was the brother of Anri, Marcelus, who continued the lineage.

I don't make assumptions on Ike or Marth alike. It's open to interpretation, and I am 100% okay with any idea people have had for Ike's tale after the war.

I have a number of ideas, and a union with Soren, Ranulf, a woman, or even asexuality in the pursuit of focusing on being the ultimate warrior, are among them.
Wish most people would be as great and open minded as you, you can assume what you want bro, it's an open ending after all, and I love how you are not shoving it into our faces, Wish Lordling can learn from you.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You can have an actual one too.

I'm sorry.
You are forgiven. It's behind me.

If we can continue to get along without pointless fighting, that would be great. I already ignored Quilt because he wouldn't let up.

Wish most people would be as great and open minded as you, you can assume what you want bro, it's an open ending after all, and I love how you are not shoving it into our faces, Wish Lordling can learn from you.
I don't see the point in making jabs at Lordling. Forgive him and move on. Hopefully we can all learn something from our exchange today.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You are forgiven. It's behind me.

If we can continue to get along without pointless fighting, that would be great. I already ignored Quilt because he wouldn't let up.

I don't see the point in making jabs at Lordling. Forgive him and move on. Hopefully we can all learn something from our exchange today.
Guess I'm getting immature, anyways I want to state:

Can we now just talk about Ike as a character in SSB. and never bring that topic again, it's not a topic that people will take kindly too.

Commander

Smash Ace
A descendant of Mist still holds Ike as an ancestor. The direct lineage of Priam is irrelevant however as he is clearly a fraud. Yes Ike did throw his sword, but to take advantage of the laws of physics to increase his own acceleration so he may strike with greater force(Ike is of course aware of physics, despite the lack of education in Tellius, due to his infinite wisdom). Priam uses his blade as a projectile. That is the action of an idiot and a fraud. What would you sooner believe, that some puny god could make a magic sword that shoots fire, or that Ike, in all his manly girth, can simply will flames in to existence?

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
A descendant of Mist still holds Ike as an ancestor. The direct lineage of Priam is irrelevant however as he is clearly a fraud. Yes Ike did throw his sword, but to take advantage of the laws of physics and to increase his own acceleration so he may strike with greater force(Ike is of course aware of physics, despite the lack of education in Tellius, due to his infinite wisdom). Priam uses his blade as a projectile. That is the action of an idiot and a fraud. What would you sooner believe, that some puny god could make a magic sword that shoots fire, or that Ike, in all his manly girth, can simply will flames in existence?
He is a really strong fraud if you ask me, he is supposed to be one of the strongest characters in-Game.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
A descendant of Mist still holds Ike as an ancestor. The direct lineage of Priam is irrelevant however as he is clearly a fraud. Yes Ike did throw his sword, but to take advantage of the laws of physics and to increase his own acceleration so he may strike with greater force(Ike is of course aware of physics, despite the lack of education in Tellius, due to his infinite wisdom). Priam uses his blade as a projectile. That is the action of an idiot and a fraud. What would you sooner believe, that some puny god could make a magic sword that shoots fire, or that Ike, in all his manly girth, can simply will flames in existence?
I need to sig all your posts in this thread

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Guess I'm getting immature, anyways I want to state:

Can we now just talk about Ike as a character in SSB. and never bring that topic again, it's not a topic that people will take kindly too.
Which one, Ike's sexuality or what happened on his quest. Either way I agree. I do know what happens on his quest. After the events of Radiant Dawn, he goes and becomes a Smash Brother.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
After Radiant Dawn, Robin in a parallel timeline 'acquires' Ragnell from Priam and summons Ike into the Berserker class to with the Holy Grail - also known as the Fire Emblem. The loss of sanity is acceptable in exchange for augmenting Ike's already immense power, considering that Robin has enough tactical know-how to win the war with any Servant.

No this is not something I'm writing right now

Commander

Smash Ace
He is a really strong fraud if you ask me, he is supposed to be one of the strongest characters in-Game.
A fraud is a fraud no matter how you look at it. I am now of the belief that Priam must be the anti-Ike, who was sent to lead the true followers of Ike astray. When Ike returns those who have doubted him, and those who have chosen to follow the anti-Ike shall receive no sympathy, while those who stayed true and faithful to Ike shall join him as the friends for whom he fights. The end of the outrealms is coming my friends. Have you accepted Ike into your hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom