• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Not once did I ever, ever doubt him, and many times defended his place which many of my past posts can attest to.

And I definitely get alot of vindictive joy being right in my stance the whole time. And am very glad to see my favorite lord back in action anyway.

Now I can just sit back and relax while we wait for the game to release.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So glad to be able to post in the Ike forum again!

#GoinNowhere

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, why are people (especially some FE fans) so surprised to see Ike look so buff in Smash 4? It's like these people never played Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
in order to make up for ever doubting the hero of the blue flame, here is an Ikon:

D

Deleted member

Honestly most vets that aren't Ness have been pushed to the back of my mind for now, since I'm still waiting for him to show up, but it's nice to see that Ike is back regardless.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I wasn't sure. I thought he had a 50/50 shot.

But I am very happy Ike is back. He's the greatest FE lord and the character Ganondorf always should've been.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I was hoping with all my heart that he returned, but a part of me was thinking he was gonna be cut. Thankfully that small part of me was wrong.

IKE IS BACK TO FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well apparently last year I actually thought Ike was cut and I didn't even remember that until it was pointed out.

After that I was confident he'd be back. No, really, seriously, honest!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I really didn't want to see Ike cut, just like I didn't want to see Roy cut. But the precedent was there so it seemed logical. Though Roy was more of an outright clone than Ike. I'm happy it wasn't followed either way.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I always considered a possibility that he might not return as with many characters, however considering how unique and popular he is it never made sense to remove him. It wasn't much of a surprise that he returned, though I am a bit surprised he is still a starter.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Even though they are my mains, I initially thought that neither Lucario nor Ike would return. I was happily proved wrong.
And this gives me more hopes since maybe, just maybe, there is a chance that there may not be any cuts from Brawl (aside from Snake).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I had no idea honestly. I'm always a bit too scared concerning my mains, so I just settled down on a 50/50. So thrilled to see him back.

D

Deleted member

I had no clue really. Ike is quite a popular character, but with any character really, there's just this uncertain feeling when they aren't confirmed, y'know? That being said, I always wanted him to return, and really didn't want any new Fire Emblem characters to be revealed until Ike was confirmed to be back.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Uh, pretty sure Ike drives his car on the other side of that road, if you get what I mean ...
There is no canon relationship for Ike, except for perhaps Elincia. Priam has to come from somewhere.

Can't Soren just be Ike's close friend? Why do yaoi people always do this?

Edit: Please don't answer those questions, they're rhetorical. Please understand.

Myself... I think it'd be *funny* if Ike ended up marrying Nephenee. They're both down-to-earth; they're both fierce warriors; both have blue hair. But of course I know they go their seperate ways.

PoR had very little romance, though, for a FE game. Any kind of pairing you make in that game has to stretch quite a bit.

I mean, even with Jill and Haar, for instance. They have a good reason to be close. They tend to look out for one another, and tease one another. But Haar looks to have a good 15-20 years on Jill. That's kinda gross. I think she looks at him more like an uncle, really.

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
There is no canon relationship for Ike, except for perhaps Elincia. Priam has to come from somewhere.
Myself... I think it'd be *funny* if Ike ended up marrying Nephenee. They're both down-to-earth; they're both fierce warriors; both have blue hair. But of course I know they go their seperate ways.
The child would be too OP to exist for his or her own good.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The child would be too OP to exist for his or her own good.
About halfway through the game in PoR, there's a fight in a swampy forest. It's a big map with lots of enemies. A lot of people find it to be one of the tougher maps.

Dude, I sent Nephenee ahead of the group a bit, to help soften up their forces. No joke, I think she single-handedly killed about 8 units during that enemy phase. They literally came at her from ever side. Her skills are just so OP. To be honest, they're a little unfitting for her. But her and Titania are (imo) the most lovely females, so it's hard to complain.

BTW, Titania was an interesting case. I don't think there are many female Jeigans in the history of FE. She's actually pretty great, as far as Jeigans go. That red French braid and lovely complexion, the battle axes and nice armor... And although Titania would never admit it, she's kinda the closest thing Ike has to a mother figure in his life. Of course, no one could ever replace Ike's mom. And Ike is in command over Titania (even though it makes much more sence for her to be the leader, probably). But as a trusted friend and mentor... Yeah, Ike has some great friends.

No wonder he loves them so much.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I was pretty sure Ike was going to be cut. He's a cool character though; was very excited when I heard he was coming back!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, I never thought he SHOULD have been cut, and I didn't think he WOULD be cut, but I never ruled out the possibility that a bad decision would be made and he wouldn't be back. But luckily my suspicions didn't mean anything.

So I guess I was right. Because I figured he was back and I thought he could coexist with Chrom or whoever we get.

Anybody who thought he was for sure going to get cut was LAME!

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Can't Soren just be Ike's close friend? Why do yaoi people always do this?

Edit: Please don't answer those questions, they're rhetorical. Please understand.

PoR had very little romance, though, for a FE game. Any kind of pairing you make in that game has to stretch quite a bit.

I mean, even with Jill and Haar, for instance. They have a good reason to be close. They tend to look out for one another, and tease one another. But Haar looks to have a good 15-20 years on Jill. That's kinda gross. I think she looks at him more like an uncle, really.
Man I totally agree with you, Homosexual are homosexuals because they are sexually drived to be like that, a non-sexually drived person is usually heterosexual, because that what his father was, after all Ike wants to be like his father....anyways, there is no evidence that Ike is homosexual and Priam existance prove that Ike is heterosexual, in japan Priam was refered to as Scion of Ike, that means he was Descendant directly from Ike, I read this somewhere though so take it with a grain of salt if you will. anyways I don't what's the big deal in know a character sexuality in a video game, you get he is not real ? and he is what the creators of Fire Emblem want him to be, and it's obvious that Priam was there to destroy the false accusation of him being homosexual nothing more.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I was flip-flopping on thinking he was back or not.
I'm glad he is

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Man I totally agree with you, Homosexual are homosexuals because they are sexually drived to be like that, a non-sexually drived person is usually heterosexual, because that what his father was, after all Ike wants to be like his father....anyways, there is no evidence that Ike is homosexual and Priam existance prove that Ike is heterosexual, in japan Priam was refered to as Scion of Ike, that means he was Descendant directly from Ike, I read this somewhere though so take it with a grain of salt if you will. anyways I don't what's the big deal in know a character sexuality in a video game, you get he is not real ? and he is what the creators of Fire Emblem want him to be, and it's obvious that Priam was there to destroy the false accusation of him being homosexual nothing more.
Pretty much this.

Ike keeps his personal life pretty personal.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
My friends though he wouldn't come back but they were wrong and they hate it
Ike will give no sympathy to the haters

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I assumed he would return.
Especially since Toon Link came back. If he, somehow the "bottom of the barrel" of choices could make in in, Ike could too.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I was worried about Ike a little bit due to people saying he would get replaced, but one thing about Ike is that he was one of the memorable ones, or a least had some of the most memorable quotes. Just because of that I didn't think they could get rid of him.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Anyone who thought Ike would be cut in favor of another FE rep just doesn't know much about the Fire Emblem series in general. He's so close to reaching Marth-status, and is pretty much the face of Fire Emblem for non-Japan audiences.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lucario should've been a pretty good indicator, but yknow, people will rationalize anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom