• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Posting here, cause I'm a moron at 1:30 am.

I recommend Arkham City for rent. Great story minus the ending, intriguing side missions (minus Riddler trophies), and the combat is tight as ever. Only problem I have is they don't go into much depth with the villains.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't forget the OVAs and After Story Ussi.
OVAs as in the Tomoyo/Kyou alternate yea? I'm super hyped for them. After story i consider season 2 as well. I'm really wondering how After Story will go.. will it be main ending or true ending hmmm....

Looks like after the Kotomi arc, its a huge jumble of all the remaining arcs. And a bonus Yukine route getting lock in the gym storage. Its really funny with Tomoyo/Nagisa as well. I haven't managed to get anyone else yet in the gym storage, but I think its possible to get Misae in the storage room too.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Main arguments to address:

- Olimar's really light, floaty, has bad rolls, and is very gimpable. Once you do get in, you can do some serious damage to an Olimar.

- Olimar can't whistle grabs.

THROW COUNTERS AT THEM, BORED!!
Hey guys, how about we counter when pikmin are latched onto us?

Nono, thats beating the dead horse now XD

I recommend Arkham City for rent. Great story minus the ending, intriguing side missions (minus Riddler trophies), and the combat is tight as ever. Only problem I have is they don't go into much depth with the villains.
Might give it a look after apex.
the sad thing is that its likely no-one will try to delve further into the joker after the version that Heath Ledger helped to create.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002

Might look in to it o=

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Ok, season 2 is a romantic comedy, season 1 and 3 are more mecha based with comedy at high school.

If Olimar wants to burn the world, he'd have only fire pikmin.
Can skip Fumoffu all entirely, seeing it is a bit meh. FMP + TSR are what I would only recommend.

As for anything else, I see a few like Champloo, Tenchi, and so forth in your list. Might I suggest Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, and GITS (Ghost in the Shell)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I need some new anime to watch...anyone got any suggestions? :)
Durarara!!
Azumanga Daioh
Trigun
Elfen Lied
Excel Saga
Ouran Host Club (Don't give me that look.)

Recommended, but can be really boring depending on taste:
Serial Experiments Lain
Zipang
Honey & Clover
Ghost in the Shell

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm currently watching durarara i love it XD

Hmmm trigun...i read the manga...i should watch it XD

I actually might go bk and rewatch rurouini kenshin... i barely remember the plot and characters haha.

What's TSR senliten?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Clannad did a good job from converting a VN to a harem anime. I'm actually enjoying the harem parts ahaha, episode 18

everyone makes Tomoya breakfast and he has to eat everything. I died when Fuuko appeared.

TSR is the 3rd season got full metal panic, the second raid

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
VN to anime. Anime to VN. Same thing.
Cept you rarely see this.
Even so, most VN to anime adaptations kinda fall flat, unless you play said VN/Eroge. Few come to mind, however I can't really complain seeing I played them before watching.

Only real complaint I have is still with FS/N. Which obviously revolves around the manual mana xfer.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'm currently watching durarara i love it XD

Hmmm trigun...i read the manga...i should watch it XD

I actually might go bk and rewatch rurouini kenshin... i barely remember the plot and characters haha.

What's TSR senliten?
I watched Durarara and Trigun. Both were legit. Then I watched School Days...lol at the ending O_o and THEN I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya after having watched the movie of that series, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Now idk what to watch...kinda looking for some GREAT animation anime/hidden gem, like something unrated and awesome.

back to lurking

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hard to read, but funny

all harem anime are the same. read one you read them all
Playing the VN beforehand makes the harem anime funny actually. Cause you know what really happens in the VN

Even so, most VN to anime adaptations kinda fall flat, unless you play said VN/Eroge. Few come to mind, however I can't really complain seeing I played them before watching.
Yea gotta agree here.

Also, I know Angel beats is going from anime to VN o.o;

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I give up on reading Ussi's posts on my mobile. Too bad, all this anime talk was inspirational.

I have a tournament in the uk this w-e. I think I might have to use pit a fair bit, since there will be like 2 really good marths and 1 fox, a match-up in which I have little experience and just plain suck with ike.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Only real complaint I have is still with FS/N. Which obviously revolves around the manual mana xfer.
You clearly missed my point. Oh well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I give up on reading Ussi's posts on my mobile. Too bad, all this anime talk was inspirational.

I have a tournament in the uk this w-e. I think I might have to use pit a fair bit, since there will be like 2 really good marths and 1 fox, a match-up in which I have little experience and just plain suck with ike.

:phone:
Trust me buddy, the fox is difficult, But if you're talking about cloudrainzero. then make sure you DA when he's lasering, he will usually accidentally DI down. its literally the only way i can kill him these days XD
And ill be seeing you there! i know you're going in earlier to set your wii up, ill be trying to do the same thing but its unlikely, call me at about 11 and i should be inside by then XD

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=128950

Apparently people are just a wealth of generosity at times.
The guy is foolish. but deserves praise for being good to the community

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Who would we use in the crew though?

Lets play everyone we disputed with:

Mario, Bowser, ROB, C. Falcon, Pokemon Trainer

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Solid idea. What character do we have beef with though? I would vote ICs.

:248:
No, don't do this do me XD

I would love to take out some MKs before they all quit.

...We disputed with CF and Bowser?
Yeah, we disputed something like +1 to us, they disputed something like +4 to us because falcons and bowsers all believe that their character is massively overrated and is worse than ganon.

I vote We battle ROBs, because i can deal with that quite easy XD
I would be interested in a battle vs. pretty much any character that doesnt destroy us though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I actually got that, hence my question lol. But if what GP says is true, then wow.
Well, my commentary buddy is a bowser main (The best in europe by a long way) and he says that bowser loses everything, even to ganon (its the only matchup the ganon boards feel is even too). Which i feel is a little distorted

Also if we really did want to do some sort of 5 v 5 character match i could always ask the rob boards, i know ocean is coming over from japan so he may well be in for it too

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You guys should raise the stakes and make it a MM crew battle. Everyone puts in 2-5 dollars.

GP will be the reason you guys lose though. It will be like when that Sheik player had to fight LV9 Luigi in Nys' video.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah a crew battle would be way more hype with money on the line, but I'd do it either way. Not everyone is willing to do MMs, so finding ten people who all main the same two characters and who are all willing to lay down money would be kind of tricky.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I really just want to do this for bragging rights aha

we should challenge all the mid tiers and see which mid tier has the best group of mains

but seriously, for us, First 3 should be Ryo, San, and Sharkie. (Sharkie mainly cause he's actively in tourneys) so who would our last 2 be out of me, Blub*, GP, and BS?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You guys should raise the stakes and make it a MM crew battle. Everyone puts in 2-5 dollars.

GP will be the reason you guys lose though. It will be like when that Sheik player had to fight LV9 Luigi in Nys' video.
LOL that sheik was garbage though, really 3 DA's in a row XD
But yeah, i thought money was a given

I really just want to do this for bragging rights aha

we should challenge all the mid tiers and see which mid tier has the best group of mains
we have san, and ryo, and sharkie (only good for teching under the stage though)
i think ike wins

Top Bottom