• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It snowed a little a few days ago over here. Not much of a big deal imo.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Well, back from ausom.. knocked out of pools, sadly I may have made more of a revelation which has me pulling more towards dropping ike..... Having my performance fair a lil better with marth there than I'd expected.

Jab fest with Ben was pretty fun, even though we ended up doing more than jabs a bit in :awesome:

Anywhom, about two months till I now leave for Kansas for about a year/half-year. Time to see what the north is like lol

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Well, back from ausom.. knocked out of pools, sadly I may have made more of a revelation which has me pulling more towards dropping ike..... Having my performance fair a lil better with marth there than I'd expected.

Jab fest with Ben was pretty fun, even though we ended up doing more than jabs a bit in :awesome:

Anywhom, about two months till I now leave for Kansas for about a year/half-year. Time to see what the north is like lol

Agreed haha good seeing you. I know how you feel man. I got G&W'd(not a good match-up for me at all) and infinite IC'd. The IC guy switched to DDD, which I won against, and he went back to IC to 2 stock me again. He said the infinite CG should be banned, yet he was using it. idk whether he was being honest or pompous cause he just used it on me without a care in the world. Ike has no sympathy for him. lol

oh btw random thought/theory, bare with me:

Ike fights for his friends, but you'll get no sympathy from him.

If no one gets sympathy from him, he gives no sympathy for his friends.

If he gives no sympathy for his friends, he has no friends.

If he has no friends, then he fights for no one.

:c

ALSO: I think they recorded me in quart finals doubles being a scrub and is gonna upload it. I'll find the link and present the awfulness of the pcola Ike that is moi. :D

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
So I'm buying my plane ticket for apex this week!!! Happy me!!

Also in other news got 1st in a tourney today. Beating seibrik in grand and winners semis Mk was banned so he went DDD and olimar.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Got 9th out of 27ish. Lost to gnes and trela. F smashed trela twice. I regret nothing.

fsmash gets hype at all times

So I'm buying my plane ticket for apex this week!!! Happy me!!

Also in other news got 1st in a tourney today. Beating seibrik in grand and winners semis Mk was banned so he went DDD and olimar.

epic, good ikes everywhere

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@bored good job, fsmash makes it all worth it

@Ryo good job! Looks like Ike is taking over Florida after the mk ban xDD

@Nys would you like lemon flavored?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
@bored good stuff man.

@Ryo good stuff, diddnt think seibrik would ever go back to D3.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
D3 might be a -1 MU for us, but it's really fun to play nevertheless. We can put so much pressure on them off stage, it just feels golden to aether, up-air, or d-air them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's funny, cause I made a big deal about D3 being able to gimp us hard a few years ago, and most of the people on the Ike boards disregarded it.

Ahead of the metagame.

C.J.

Smash Master
Isn't Marth also ridiculously good at gimping us? The Up b and Fair...
I use counter to gimp Ike more often than I do DS...

Anyway, I would have thought that Kirby would be better at gimping you than DDD was. Same deal as DDD, multiple jumps and near identical bairs. However, Kirby actually has the ability to move in the air.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
You don't need to be able to move in the air to gimp Ike. MK's pretty slow in the air too. A strong disjoint that's hard/worse to AD through is all you need, or in DDD's case, a quick move that works well for a WoP.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't think Kirby is that good at gimping Ike. His aerials aren't nearly as fast as Marth cooldown wise and don't have a large disjoint, which is the main reason of why it's so easy for Marth to gimp Ike.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Marth...only worry about counter IMO. Kirby...b-air beats our QD sadly.

Well I clearly remember my opinion being disregarded. CG to walk off b-air sucks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
DDD has fall speed, Marth has walk off counter.

I'd say Marth is the hardest to avoid.

DDD can do some nasty stuff to aether and has the fall speed to really mess us up. Best at setting up a gimp with a CG to fthrow off stage.

Kirby, I got nothing to say :/

Oh oh Ike is good at gimping himself

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think its safe to say the majority of the cast has good options to gimp us, anyone who doesnt want to jump off usually has enough range to hit us out of aether from the ledge
just one of our many bad points :L

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Well I've tried to get somewhere with this Ike thing and haven't gotten far at all. Ryo's probably gonna be the only Ike to represent in FL forever. I'm miles from offline competition and hardly get good offline practice. Doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. I'm taking a break from all this to see if there are any other options for me besides what I've been doing. Best of luck to the rest of you and I'm glad we became acquainted, if not for a while.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Bye benaji

I think marth has more stuff on aether than DDD does, nastier stuff too.

I'm playing without thinking these days, back in autopilot mode D:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
People need to start using Aether to edgeguard in the ditto instead of trying to spike the other Ike in mid recovery or w/e. 100% guaranteed hit with Aether when you're using it against an Ike that's trying to recover with Aether onto the stage.

But... it's even easier to just Fair or Ftilt.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kimchi getting into that college life. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined some azn frat and tried to convince San into joining so he could be the token black guy.

Top Bottom