• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
So does that mean grabbing the ledge and forcing the other Ike to Aether onto the stage and reverse Aether back?
Nysyarc said:
Pretty sure it just means Kimchi is a successful troll, lol.
Jam's got it right actually except the reverse Aether part. Basically, if the Ike's trying to recover back onto the stage from far away, grab the ledge just before he's about to Aether so that he's forced to Aether onto the stage. Then, while he's going up, use your Aether to get free damage. Invincibility frames from Aether allows you to either soak up the damage or if you time it right, not get damaged by his Aether at all. I started doing this a while ago and san started picking it up. Sometimes, what I do is I ledgegrab early and then fall away from the Ike and let him get closer to the edge to Aether and then I use my Aether to interrupt his so that he's forced to try to recover again, when I then go for either a Bair or again, free Aether damage.

Otherwise, as Berserker said, if the Ike's close enough to recover without a sweat, just edgeguard with Fair/Bair/Ftilt/ all that pizzazz lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Heartstring

Smash Legend
looks like it, and it also means that he must come to apex if theres going to be an official competition for best EU ike
oh who am i kidding, we know rydle is best eu ike anyway XD

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
River didn´t even use Ike, only in 2 Matches or so and he lost those, he only won with Diddy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
me? im being a victim of the post-convention blues and chowing down on some delicious drumstick lollies
..you guys do have drumstick lollies right?
and no sen, its not that kind of lollies

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
He probably means round-shaped lollipops or suckers.
Brett- ace European English interpreter. Would hire again.

I am watching movies, eating pizza, and handing out candy to kids with a few friends from my ethnomusicology class.
(Did my drinking and partying on Saturday.)

Lol. Ethnomusicology is such a dumb field of study that my computer's vocabulary does not include it, and underlines the word in red.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, lollies=lollipops
but do you have drumstick lollipops? its a specific brand, and if you dont have them im afraid im going to HAVE to take a bag to apex, because they are glorious

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
River didn´t even use Ike, only in 2 Matches or so and he lost those, he only won with Diddy.
I wasn't really focusing on him too much, I liked your result being pure Ike better :D

I'll admit, I lost.

Happy Halloween, guys. What are you all doing today?
Waluigi gonna win

me? im being a victim of the post-convention blues and chowing down on some delicious drumstick lollies
..you guys do have drumstick lollies right?
and no sen, its not that kind of lollies
I love me some lollis

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I saw more costumes Friday night. Captain Crunch was there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Top 3 costumes I saw...

1. A guy decked out as an Anbu Ninja from Naruto. He did it really well and even had the shoulder tattoo and sword.

2. Duffman from the Simpsons. Pulled it off well.

3. Two guys. One dressed as Bin Laden, the other as Obama lmao.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
apparently halloween is big in america, to england its just a meh thing that kids of about and under go and do, it then stops for anyone above said age *shrug*
i did-however-come across an incredibly fat and obnoxcious kid who was pushing his way to the front of the group and was all like 'my costume is the best so i should get the most sweets'
i have a little tupperware pot with shed spider skins from my shed for the rare occasion we get a rude kid on halloween. i can only dream of the reaction the occurs when this kid empties his bag out only to find a rather large and seemngly live spidertumble out of his bag of sweets...OR if he digs his hand in to pick it up instead of a sweet

oh god im sadistic

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cheers brett, although seeing as i had to cut my hair really short so i didnt look a mug outside of costume, i now look like i belong in the army XD

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Halloween party with the PUSO club here and after that studying. Calculus midterm Wednesday (which I need to study for) and Comp Sci midterm Friday (which I would gladly take now, so ready).

As for costumes, I didn't see much. One of my friends went s Johnny from The Room, saw a Poison Ivy (funny thing was this was after watching Bored's Batman links), a Dr. Who, and one guy made himself some robot costume out of cardboard and duct tape. I think everyone else went as muggles, but I wasn't so sure.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
apparently halloween is big in america, to england its just a meh thing that kids of about and under go and do, it then stops for anyone above said age *shrug*
i did-however-come across an incredibly fat and obnoxcious kid who was pushing his way to the front of the group and was all like 'my costume is the best so i should get the most sweets'
i have a little tupperware pot with shed spider skins from my shed for the rare occasion we get a rude kid on halloween. i can only dream of the reaction the occurs when this kid empties his bag out only to find a rather large and seemngly live spidertumble out of his bag of sweets...OR if he digs his hand in to pick it up instead of a sweet

oh god im sadistic
Not sure if you've been around university campuses...but over here...girls dress ****ty and guys are whatever. At UT, it's really big given people from other college towns and cities come. To define how big, basically, no point in having a car downtown, because the streets are FLOODED with people trying to get into bars or partying on the streets.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My day was okay. Pretty fun in comparison to any other average night, though. Three hours of walking/trivial running, completely worn out. Got to meet some new people as well.

There was this one girl that was really pretty, but I couldn't bring myself to say more than common greeting. She looked quite averse herself, but I did bad in that instance, and I feel bad.

Didn't dress up or anything, but I managed to get an adequate amount of sweets. These... won't be eaten in any haste.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Not Ftilt. It doesn't hit an Ike that isn't stupid.
This isn't true at all, I've hit almost every one of you guys out of Aether with Ftilt back in the bi-weeklies. I do it offline too. It will only work if they aren't high enough to land on the stage though, in which case you could just edge hog but Ftilt is more fun.

Basically it has nothing to do with their intelligence as long as they're far enough off-stage. Now if you don't know how to time or aim the Ftilt properly that's another thing.

@Kimchi, I see what you mean. I thought you meant use Aether to hit them out of Aether and keep them off-stage, which obviously isn't the best idea. Using it to damage them when they land is legit though, I do that too.

:248:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I did the usual thing for Halloween: avoided being at the house during ToT time. Went to Pizza Pizza, saw Johnny English 2 (it was alright, might be worth a Red Box rental to some of you guys), then went to Tim Hortons.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've been Double Double deprived while I was in Texas. Also missed poutine a lot; I've been enjoying catching up on both of those, as well as my CFL and Hockey.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If we're talking about depending on how far off the stage they are to hit someone with Ftilt out of Aether... well, you could say the same about eruption. That crap ain't practical most of the time.

If the other Ike recovers (as he should always) starting close to the lip and backing away to full distance during Aether, he will never be hit by another Ike's Ftilt. I promise you this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've found eruption to be a nice move to so call "Pull it out of my ***." Zigsta, Paw, and others will tell you how useful it can be. Basically, at any moment I'm being juggled or above the character and he's coming after me, it's better to simply pop an eruption, super armor the damage and possibly kill the opponent rather than trying to air dodge through and being ready for more juggling.

Also works well when the opponent is hanging on the edge. Time it right, super armor get up attack or air dodge, and hit them.

Also, I've been utilizing this a lot more, but aether on slants is really fun. Makes it a low risk, high reward move.

For those that have not seen this btw...Ryo vs Nick Riddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC17VtegCE

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm terrible at the ZSS MU. Especially the beginning, dealing with the armor parts. I figure I'm just better throwing them off the stage than trying something fancy.

I'm surprised NR missed a lot of those Forward+B hits when Ryo was trying to aether back on stage. Seems like Paw gets that on me all the time =/.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I never visit you Ikes, but the thread title made me laugh and I enjoyed Ryo's match (good job).

Hi Ikes.

:phone:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
For those that have not seen this btw...Ryo vs Nick Riddle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC17VtegCE
Hmmm... Ryo played well but NR didn't seem to be anywhere near the top of his game. I dunno, he did a lot of dumb ****, especially when Ryo was recovering. And he tried stuff multiple times after Ryo proved it was a bad idea by punishing it hard. Definitely not the same Nick Riddle I saw 0-death Ally at MLG.

:248:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I just pulled the dumbest all-nighter ever. Lol. I wrote a 2-3 page paper and used the rest of the time on youtube.

But I found the best performance of this one piano solo I could ever have hoped to find-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lUW8br1sI. And I learned than Arthur Rubenstein once attempted suicide before he realized it was a mistake to try. And I watched a few interviews with a few different pianists. Was fun.

But I almost forgot to do my paper. And I just finished it, lmao.
(ONE of you MIGHT care about any of this.)

Top Bottom