• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
When did anything in my posts get directed at you o.O

...*reads up*

You mean Brett foo!
What the hell?! You guys just mind****ed me. I'm also a bit colorblind if there's really a difference in your text. :(

:phone:

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
well damn I feel dumb lol I just got the news about the match sorry guys but yea. I don't know he was kinda surprised about the whole thing but his choice of moves were really dumb I won't lie.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I picked up Touhou Hisoutensoku which I decided to main Youmu so yea... No idea how to play it but gonna have fun with it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Ooh! I play Soku. Youmu is one of my three mains, the others being Marisa and Reisen. I'm not so good at teaching but here's a link for ya: http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/

I would play you if you wanted, but midterms are this week and I can't host so I end up playing over hamachi, not really great. If you can direct host then that would be better. And don't forget to have the latest version before playing others. It desyncs if you don't.

inb4Senyellsatyou

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How can I tell if I have the latest versions? I tried to install them but its in JP so I can't read the installer >_> I just selected the folder where I have the files

tried to english patch but keeps saying i don't have the latest version so I'm kinda worried about that :S

But i have it working with all the characters unlocked and such

I'm thinking of maybe picking up Komachi too but I wanna focus on 1 character for now before i start playing multiple characters.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
@Ussi: When you open up Soku, on the top of the window, it should have a number. That number is the version you have. The latest version is on that site I linked. You might also want to unlock all the characters too so you're gonna have to get SWR and follow the instructions on the wiki there. And yeah, for the patches, just direct them to the folder where Soku is.

@BS: Soku is in the wiki link if you want it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have the SWR as well for all characters, I read a guide to download it, the guide just didn't have patch info on it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Well does your version at least say 1.10 or 1.10a on the top of the window when you play? As long as it's either of those, you can play fine with other people and should be able to install the English. Note that the English patch on the wiki says it's for 1.10a. I don't have 1.10a because 1.10 and 1.10 can still play with each other and there were minor aesthetic changes. If I'm not helping, maybe Sen will have your answer.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If there are ANY tales or disgaea characters I'm gonna buy a PS3, that is.. if the game is balanced more than smash >_>

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@Ussi: When you open up Soku, on the top of the window, it should have a number. That number is the version you have. The latest version is on that site I linked. You might also want to unlock all the characters too so you're gonna have to get SWR and follow the instructions on the wiki there. And yeah, for the patches, just direct them to the folder where Soku is.

@BS: Soku is in the wiki link if you want it.
Every time I try to download and get one of these games working, I either pull a fluke and get it to work or spend 6 hours looking for instructions/troubleshooting.

Hey GP, would it be possible to get an estimate on cost for Sonic Generations before you go and buy it? Including P&P or w/e + gas cost.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Not sure if you've been around university campuses...but over here...girls dress ****ty and guys are whatever. At UT, it's really big given people from other college towns and cities come. To define how big, basically, no point in having a car downtown, because the streets are FLOODED with people trying to get into bars or partying on the streets.
oh i get you, yeah i dunno, i havent been on a university campus other than for an open day (yet, that should change by next year) but im almost certain its still not a big thing here, the best time for parties is freshers week, where alcohol is cheaper than water

I just pulled the dumbest all-nighter ever. Lol. I wrote a 2-3 page paper and used the rest of the time on youtube.

But I found the best performance of this one piano solo I could ever have hoped to find-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lUW8br1sI. And I learned than Arthur Rubenstein once attempted suicide before he realized it was a mistake to try. And I watched a few interviews with a few different pianists. Was fun.

But I almost forgot to do my paper. And I just finished it, lmao.
(ONE of you MIGHT care about any of this.)
icareowl.jpg

Better not be. I can see this being so much more balanced and than Smash. Maining Nathan Drake and his super to hurl a crashing plane at you.

Sackboy is secondary.
im intriqued, but its not something for me to buy a ps3 to play it on

If there are ANY tales or disgaea characters I'm gonna buy a PS3, that is.. if the game is balanced more than smash >_>
please try and find a game that is less balanaced then smash, none of the other smash iterations count

also that game was pri cool ryo, i liked your homage to nysyarc techs at 3:45

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
did i say balanced? I was just typing the first thing in my mind:

If the game is fun to play and isn't slow paced I'm up for it. If its enough to make me play it competitively over smash and has a good scene I'll def play it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
did i say balanced? I was just typing the first thing in my mind:

If the game is fun to play and isn't slow paced I'm up for it. If its enough to make me play it competitively over smash and has a good scene I'll def play it.
really? for me, its fun to play and slow paced enough for me to keep up XD

Yink, I'm colorblind too! Whoo!

Also, it's not my girl counter.
It's my girl, counter.
My bad.
...you know ive been saying this wrong in my head for months, you see brett! using punctuation stops scenarios like this from occuring!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Honestly, it works perfectly both ways.
It's just the ******** English language showing one of its ambiguities.
Why did you think I capitalized Counter, though? I figured that was my point of clarity.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I normally capitalize Counter when I'm referring to the move, but I suppose that's just my preference showing off. I just read it abnormally, I suppose.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well does your version at least say 1.10 or 1.10a on the top of the window when you play? As long as it's either of those, you can play fine with other people and should be able to install the English. Note that the English patch on the wiki says it's for 1.10a. I don't have 1.10a because 1.10 and 1.10 can still play with each other and there were minor aesthetic changes. If I'm not helping, maybe Sen will have your answer.
turns out i had to like patch to V1.03 first then V1.1

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i noticed the capital C in counter, and assumed you were making that your girls name
admittedly, how im seeing it (and forever will...if you change the name back) should be written My girl - counter - is too good

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Those recurring breaks make it sound eerie.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not certain whether or not you jest. That Tumblr is much more abject than eerie, in my opinion.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
meh, any term describing emotion is subjective to the person
for example, i find gore to be thoroughly inaffective, horror video games and videogame related creepypasta-on the other hand-totally freak me out so far im on the mooooon

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Y'all hear that? GP's oooooooOOON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON BEEEEEYAAAAAAATCH.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well if you wrote it:

My girl, Counter is TOO good.

It would imply you're telling your girl that the move Counter is too good. While:

My girl Counter is TOO good.

Implies that Counter is the girl who is too good. As does:

My girl, Counter, is TOO good.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well if you wrote it:

It would imply you're telling your girl that the move Counter is too good. While:

there you go
...english major?

C.J.

Smash Master
Well if you wrote it:

I agree with the first and third. However I would view the middle one as "My female counter" as opposed to a male one. Something along the lines of "My girl hamster is so sweet." You're not saying that girl is a hamster that is sweet. You're just establishing gender.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's apparent, CJ. It would have been worded "My hamster, girl, is so sweet."
You're providing elaboration of the subject, and stating that she's sweet by your perspective.

"My girl Counter" could insinuate multiple things, which is what stirred the need to clarify. It could mean for gender establishment, improper noun captioning, etc.
Institution of gender is just what most of us are aware of at glance.
:pinkiepie:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well this is amusing. Around the same time we were talking about the psychology personality scores, the IC boards were doing the same thing. I wonder who copied who.

Top Bottom