• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Ussi said:
Ike's whiffed standing grab has the fastest recovery time (22 frames)... its so fast that you can whiff a grab on a spot dodge and not get punished by it if they spot dodged roughly the same time you grabbed. (in fact you can punish their spot dodge if you they dodged the first frame possible with their spot dodge)
sakurai somehow making up for our dash grab.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
pivot grab is also awesome, only 26 frames on whiff so its also pretty safe added with the fact we keep sliding away as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well its the same on wifi too rofl

wanna know what else happens on wifi? Damage ratio boosts damage done (1.1 damage ratio makes standard jab combo do 18% fresh, which also means shield push is significantly stronger due to moves having higher damage) but doesn't in Vs Mode. Dammit Sakurai :|

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
@Ussi: Friday nights are good for me too, but this Friday I'm going to celebrate my brother's birthday with the rest of the family, so it depends what times you're available then. I should be available most of next week. Also don't forget to get hamachi and set a room or something unless you can port forward and host yourself.
lolhamachi

Hey Ussi: Just locate your ip and then hand it to Jam, you setup a room and he enters your IP, both are connected, let the battle begin.

Just kill your firewall beforehand, Soku dun like the firewalls

Anywhom, working on a decent button setup for my fightstick for soku (along with actress again practice for that Current Code PC hype)

So if any of you two see me on skype, just pester me i suppose.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I've been playing Hisouten for almost a year now on keyboard, and haven't had an issue at all... can't be that much different in Soku, can it? Granted, I have not played against a human being yet, but oh well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>.> sure shoryuken is a bit hard to input (i'm like 40/60 on inputing atm) but I'm like 3 out of 4 times doing the right input for 236 and 214

Heartstring

Smash Legend
when do you want to play? weekends tend to end up busy time doing errands that i can't do on weekdays :s

friday night is my best day

and on a side note I feel like saying this:

Ike's whiffed standing grab has the fastest recovery time (22 frames)... its so fast that you can whiff a grab on a spot dodge and not get punished by it if they spot dodged roughly the same time you grabbed. (in fact you can punish their spot dodge if you they dodged the first frame possible with their spot dodge)

Ike can relatively spam grabs safely rofl.. cause if they start spot dodging earlier.. than they're easy jab bait
this is...quite useful info actually, i almost never grab in a tournament match, which is a habit i REALLY need to rectify

also, sliding pivot grab through the opponent gets plus point for pure swag

I'm sticking to keyboard~

asdzxc and the arrows for life
am i the only one who thinks that playing on the keyboard sounds REALLY hard?

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I played some castlevania games on my laptop, I found even that really annoying. Can't imagine playing a faster paced game like this.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I always thought Ike's grabs had slow recovery times. Good to know.

@G-P

Ike's dash shield to (shield canceled) standing grab is one of the fastest things he can do. It's really good for him.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
And i think most people would think that Ike would have a slow recovery after a whiff too so whiffing a grab with Ike can make people think PUNISH PUNISH but then we shield/jab them.

Ike's dash grab is garbage in both range and recovery.. that's about it, both pivot and standing grab are fast.. and its noticeable when you whiff with other characters (when i whiff with Pikachu i notice it)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I always thought Ike's grabs had slow recovery times. Good to know.

@G-P

Ike's dash shield to (shield canceled) standing grab is one of the fastest things he can do. It's really good for him.
i need to get into the habit of mixing up this with dashshield jabs and stuff, uk players bounce around too much to grab too often though XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I played some castlevania games on my laptop, I found even that really annoying. Can't imagine playing a faster paced game like this.
It's not hard... though I have played MMOs for quite a bit so I'm used to using a keyboard for fighting. Granted Touhou is seriously much faster with inputs and such but MMOs' PvP needs constant inputs and movement as well just different inputs (clicking different buttons) the only difference i need to do is practice 236 214 and 623/421 inputs

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
It's not hard... though I have played MMOs for quite a bit so I'm used to using a keyboard for fighting. Granted Touhou is seriously much faster with inputs and such but MMOs' PvP needs constant inputs and movement as well just different inputs (clicking different buttons) the only difference i need to do is practice 236 214 and 623/421 inputs
difference between MMO's and Fighters, is one has the damage done via variable factors like buffs, spell types, resistance, clothing etc etc.

The other is just hit boxes and prorations XD

Hell.. Don't think I ever really moved during PVP on an MMO, except for when my Firearms Expert > conceal > sniper shot ended up missing... Now I miss me some MxO... QQ

Oh and Just root/nuking in EQ with T3 spells... oh what fun :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I play crappy free CS dominating MMOs >.>

hero of three kingdoms was a movement intense PvP game, the direction you faced mattered when using your attacks, so you were always trying to land behind your enemy so he couldn't use skills right away.

I always played kiting classes too, so movement is something i'm used too in MMOs

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I cannot ponder as to how Bored has an unremitting sense of correctness.
:pinkiepie:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
You guys need to get out a bit more rather than being glued to the computer and playing some video games.
No.

Anyway, I don't think keyboards are very much different than game pads. Instead of wrapping your hand around it, you just press buttons with more than your thumb, unless you play with the claw grip.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I don't have a fight stick so I'm using the keyboard. I changed the controls though. I have it set up with qwe as movement/crouching, space bar for jumping, and the numpad for everything else. At one point I tried controls that made me hold my laptop like a controller. You'll get used to playing with the keyboard when you play enough. Just piano hard enough :p

lol Bored. I need to do that >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Depends what you do at the gym. Staring at a bench press, breaking a sweat, and calling it a day is not exactly a workout.
I have 5 types of workouts for a day, (i don't get to do 1 of them a week so it rotates around)

in order:

Chest
Back
Misc
Shoulder
Arms

I stretch, then run for .75 miles then do 4 lifting exercises depending on the day. On Misc I do abs + other stuff. After that i run for .25 miles to keep the blood flowing and then i'm done.

Ussi I'm available right now until I leave for home. Gonna be at Skype until then. Same name there and here.
I'm on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
jam and I never got to play :[

His internet went down or something while i was trying to figure out how to set up a port forward on my router :s

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hmm, my friend gave me my workout routine. Once I get too used too it though he said I'd have to change it up.

I don't really get to do my max due to running for .75 miles before my workout, but before I went to the gym i was really really weak physically.. Haven't been going that long (only for a month and a half now) so I'm not lifting that high yet..

From my last work outs:

Deadlifted my weight (180) 5 times (felt easy though so I'm gonna try 225 next time)

Bench i do 100 x 8 :s (did 3 sets)

haven't done a squat.. my back exercises are deadlift, bend over rows, and those air crunches while holding a weight..

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've never done much lifting at the gym, and when I do I always go for endurance (less weight, more reps). I still run 5 kilometers (about 3 miles) every day, used to run between 8 and 10 km a day back when I did cross country. In general I focus on my legs and core more than my chest/back or arms. Mainly so I'm always ready to get back in shape for Track & Field or whatever other running-heavy sport I feel like doing, sort of keeping my body primed but not quite in top shape.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Running is more for cardio than for leg strength though. I do a bit of leg strength training on top of my running; you've got to balance the two or your legs end up stick thin relative to your upper body.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Don't be one of those guys who never works out their legs. Don't wanna be top heavy.

Longest smashfest ever. Never again.
pffblb, turkey legs are hilarious XD
im the opposite, power legs and not muh up top XD

also, how long is said smashfest? considering the cost of travel for me, the longer the better

Top Bottom