• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Running is more for cardio than for leg strength though. I do a bit of leg strength training on top of my running; you've got to balance the two or your legs end up stick thin relative to your upper body.

:248:
my legs are significantly bigger than my arms as it is though, i feel like my arms are too thin >___>

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well of course, your legs are supposed to be bigger, plus if you haven't been exercising for very long it'll take time before you notice a difference. Back when I did track for high school I did no leg weight training at all, only running and a bit of upper body/core work. My legs didn't gain any mass at all even after a whole year of training.

Running is great for cardio and definitely important overall, but if you want to make sure your legs stay the proper size proportionate to your upper body/arms, you have to do leg weight exercises as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
o yeah, sonic generations special collectors edition is out in uk now, who was it that wanted me to send them it again? my memory is a seive

theeboredone

Smash Legend
pffblb, turkey legs are hilarious XD
im the opposite, power legs and not muh up top XD

also, how long is said smashfest? considering the cost of travel for me, the longer the better
We were there from 5 pm to 4 am. Also had to deal with an hour drive there, and another hour back.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We had a smashfest early last month that started at 6 pm Saturday evening, and by the time myself and the last three other guys left it was around 5 pm on Sunday. More than 24 hours including driving time, which wasn't quite an hour each way, but close.

I don't even mind long smashfests though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I do. Mainly because I don't like sleeping at another person's place (I'm an extreme light sleeper), I get burned out, and I don't get enough sleep, which leaves me feeling like **** for the rest of the weekend or start of school.

I should be at the gym right now, but I feel like garbage.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, getting a crappy sleep at a smashfest is pretty much unavoidable. I usually just sleep for like 2 or 3 hours and then wait it out until I can get a good sleep at home the next night.

The only part I hate about it is being ridiculously tired and having to drive 3 people home the next day... I'm always the one with a car. Mainly because I only trust myself to drive, lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, you figure coming home around 5 am would mean I'd just pass out and sleep through everything. 2 hours later, my roommate wakes up (He's the mascot for UT) and the scene goes, "Can you be any louder opening the fridge?"

Heartstring

Smash Legend
We were there from 5 pm to 4 am. Also had to deal with an hour drive there, and another hour back.
oh man i wish i lived that close to smashers
our fests are rare but they last many days. usually we set aside a week most of us can do over school holidays time and we go down for varied length of time, it almost always last a week though
and damn is it awesome. we tend to come to an agreement of 'all **** goes off at 3am' and then we all start arising at...iono 10am

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Last year at a tourney located on some area of GA Tech campus, went on from 4:00PM to 6:00AM, singles and doubles. My friend went with me, and I was pretty peppy with all of the free energy drinks. Went to bed at 7:00AM in the dorm, woke up to go home at 5:00PM, then went back to sleep upon entry of my house. Mom woke me up the next morning at 7:24AM, saying I would be late for school, and I was utterly disoriented. Ugh, never again.
:pinkiepie:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, as much as I love to play smash, I'd never put myself in situations like that.

Also, any of you guys can tell me anything about the European Smash King? Good, bad, okay?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I keep accidentally following you around Zatch, cause I've seen you in like every thread I've posted in today.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...and you posted in here just to say that?

also srs, who was it that wanted me to ship them the sonic generations collecters edition set again? i know it was someone in this thread XD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
The European Smash King is me. BTW I'm not even that good Izaw and Haze are actually the only good player I've ever played against offline. I live in a terribly inactive region, so wifi is the only way I can play against other people.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not one to visit the critique thread, but the reason I asked is, because it might come useful for a project I'm working on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got got my port forward to work o.o now I can host soku matches :D played jam and only won like 3 times >_> (twice being against his Alice, the 2nd time i won was too funny)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Played with Kimchi until like 4AM, had like 1 hour sleep before going to a tourney. Kimchi should go to tourneys if possible, he's still really smart player.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
san how was the tourney?

It was my first time playing a real person.. before all i did was play CPUs..

about to become 1am..

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Playing off of 1 hour sleep and earlier in the week doing an all-nighter, + not eating all day (and most of yesterday,except for water) was kind of tired.

I won doubles and singles. I won most of my matches pretty decisively. Lost a match in doubles grand finals. The tournament wasn't very large. It was all the same people there, + a few new faces.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
An actual Brawl tourney. There are tourneys in my region a few times a year, and I go to almost all of them.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There were a couple new tricks I was trying to apply during the tournament, and it worked very well.

Spaced jab1 on shield is pretty ridiculous at times.

Jab1->jab1 people might be able to punish, but
jab1->jab2 interrupts most punishes of the first jab1 (including grabs if spaced/they react slow)

So mixing in jab1s and then timing a jab2 as needed allowed for a lot more shield pressure. Obviously if they're too close, it's better to dash away, grab, or aerial.

Once hit, I started messing around with delayed jab2s. Delaying the jab2 punishes almost any aerial that the opponent might try and takes away double jumps. People that used to SDI out of jabs found much more trouble getting out with the delayed/timed jabs.

gist:
Use of jab1 and jab2 and their cancels should be a dynamic process of choice rather than just doing the same thing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I keep messing up the timing for inputting the crouch for jab 2 cancel :s When is a good visual timing for it?

Spacing jab on shield? I heard Nys mention it before.. I need to see if Ike pulls away his fist so grabs actually miss if they try to shield grab his jab

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think it's when Ike is beginning to pull his leg back towards the neutral position.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guess that's why I'm half and half doing it, i keep doing after Ike's kick but probably doing it just a tad too early.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The European Smash King is me. BTW I'm not even that good Izaw and Haze are actually the only good player I've ever played against offline. I live in a terribly inactive region, so wifi is the only way I can play against other people.
ahh, izaw the legend
also, that ixis, my commentating partner XD

I think it's when Ike is beginning to pull his leg back towards the neutral position.
yeah pretty much this, i actualyl learnt the timing for jab2 before i learnt the timing for jab1 XD

@BS, i thought it was you,but didnt want o say incase it wasnt XD i cant yet get a good idea on it, i need to know the price of it myself and then how much shipping it to you will cost, ill let you know soon

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
lolwow, I didn't know there was timing for the jab cancel...I just do it xD

Top Bottom