• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So every time you sneezed you could jump if you wanted to?
with my current cold, this would be amazing

sup guys whats been going on?

I've been working on music recently....So not much smash talking recently. But I do have a question who's all going to APEX?
well if you must know, im currently caked in faketan lotion in order to get myself looking ramjam enough to cosplay dudley XD

and im gonig to apex, i cant believe im taking a holiday to america to play a computer game, oh i so silly

Ike's ftilt is a terrible attack that extends Ike's hurtbox forward thereby ruining any spacing game you could be trying to pull off.
i wouldnt call it a terrible move, its jsut not good for the purpose jam suggested
personally, i use it as an alternative killing method on characters who are too short to get hit by a b-air when standing, as most have no range (except olimar and mk, but **** them)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
no, you jsut need to get better /bored

yeah i know, its not something you throw out though, its like 'this is going to work just right here' and you have to be right

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You should only be using Ftilt to punish, on a hard read, or when grab releasing Wario; and only for the KO. It's range can also make it a good edge-guarding move if timed properly against certain recoveries, people usually don't see it coming and it's knockback can make for some very early kills at the ledge.

But yah, anyone who's using Ftilt for spacing or general damage-racking needs to stoppit.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If you can't land jab to ftilt, you need to get better.

:phone:
i laughed

jab to ftilt though, im almost glad i didnt play in 08, it sounds dire

ftilt is a kill move, to be used in place of fsmash when you need somethnig a little nippier...otherwise its eh

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
What's funny is that back in '08 I played close to how Ike is played now. Kept doing Nairs and jab1, 2, 3 with the occasional Usmash. Only thing I was doing wrong was using QD to recover and using Fsmash as often as Usmash, but it was '08 so I got away with it. There were also rare Bairs, but then I found out about RAR Bairs.

EDIT: If Blubo went to numpad talk I assume DB4 is Marth's Dancing Blade. Not sure because the direction (4) is usually before the A/B/C and D is usually a dash though (66/44).

C.J.

Smash Master
DB4 is the 4th hit of Marth's DB. In the way it was being used it is probably referring to the side variation on whiff as I don't think you can ftilt Marth OoS from DB4S.
On the topic of DB, if you believe you are about to get hit by DB and know you can't shield (lag, landing, or whatever) hold away from Marth and don't try and SDI; it's the only *semi*reliable way to escape DB before the 4th hit connects. In that case ftilt will work beautifully to punish DB.
DB4U only has 5 fewer frames so the punishes available shouldn't be that dissimilar.

Also, the person above me said that you shouldn't use QD to recover that much, however I see Ryo do it frequently. Why does he do it/get away with it if he shouldn't then?
(inb4Floridaisbad)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I tend to use QD more often than other Ike mains on stage. It's a great spurt of the moment move to pull out given how quick it goes. Free 10 damage.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I like using QD for mobility around the stage as well. I don't use it as often for recovery, but I'm aware of the option, and instinctively implement it when I feel it safe/suit.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
What about yellow version blubo? Pikachu feels left out, you show love to a Japanese only game in green and ignore the special edition of awesomeness?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha yeah do remember that, because i got confused as **** when i saw DB4, which is a tekken notation for most characters hard knockdown attack, i was all like 'wait, wat?'

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Aether will reach the stage 94% of the time QD will. QD is faster at being unexpected so I'd say there is good use for QD but aether can reach usually.

QD would be worthless if Ike had better air acceleration. Damn worst acceleration in the game -_-

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's so fun styling with eruption. I dunno how, but I keep hitting Marth out of his DS when he recovers

Also, it's snowing Wtf!!!!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Get back in the igloo and make me a snow cone Ussi. And you should put up a sign about your polar bear, that thing's dangerous.

It's not snowing up here in NS, not even cold actually.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Aether will reach the stage 94% of the time QD will. QD is faster at being unexpected so I'd say there is good use for QD but aether can reach usually.

QD would be worthless if Ike had better air acceleration. Damn worst acceleration in the game -_-
...is it? i knew it wasnt great but i didnt think it was the worst in the game, i had it i my head that it was robs

Get back in the igloo and make me a snow cone Ussi. And you should put up a sign about your polar bear, that thing's dangerous.

It's not snowing up here in NS, not even cold actually.

i giggles heartily
anime convention today, spent a bit of time on the brawl setup advertising the hell out of my next tournament. i feel like a troll, because by the end everyone was convinced that ganon had become high tier, and i didnt even say anything

Top Bottom