• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
oh yeah, I meant to say this yesterday but forgot: When I was playing against a Ness and my jab 1 sent him behind me, I SHbaired him offstage. I'm guessing doing jab1 or jab1>jab2 at point blank on opponent to send them behind you pretty much guarantees a SHbair.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
for lent, i am giving up butter, if anything my waistline might become a bit more respectable this way XD

also, trying to understand a woman is like playing a computer game in swahili. you can kinda see where its going, but you dont have a clue why or what theyre on about

theeboredone

Smash Legend
He's not going to give up anything?

Though I thought Lent is based on giving up something you value...not trying to cheat out on it.

Slaps, it's this weekend.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Spam Quick Draw.
Stand in once place charging Eruption.
Use Counter after double jumping off stage to intercept your opponent.
Spam Fsmash and Dsmash.
Don't use Jab, it sucks. Same with his aerials.

Or, ya know, actually read the guide the board has written. >_>

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Well I'm SOOOOOO sorry. You could just read that I only joined this month Mr. I Can't Spell Nintendo. The third letter is an N not a D. Learn your alphabet.

This isn't directed at you Ussi

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well I'm SOOOOOO sorry. You could just read that I only joined this month Mr. I Can't Spell Nintendo. The third letter is an N not a D. Learn your alphabet.

This isn't directed at you Ussi
dude, when stuff like that is in a username (for example, psycho is missing a h in my name) its normally intentional

also go read that guide over there in the ike board, it will take 2 minutes of your time jsut to figure what moves are good and what moves are bad

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Guess you're right Golden-psyco. Sorry about that just kinda ignorant on my part. Also sorry to Nidtendofreak. You guys were right it was quick.

BTW thanks for the combo theeboredone

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*points to join date*

I used this username for about a ten year period. I misspelt it by accident the very first time, and decided to stick with it after that. I go by Niddo now, but I ain't paying to have it changed through a premium account.

Speaking of spelling: nice spelling of "sushi chef" there mr. "sooshi shef". Maybe you should learn your alphabet as well? :awesome:

EDIT: was ninja'd but post stays.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
@Sushi chef: It means I am giving up giving up things for Lent for Lent. (It means what it means)

@Bored: I don't take it as seriously because I just don't feel the drive to. I still do the whole "no meat on Fridays" and "Mass on Easter Sunday" things but that's just about it, maybe do a Lent box for some charity or something. Not like my parents are making me give up something for Lent.

EDIT: Mention of the guide made me curious. What stage is it on? Are we still revising it/cleaning it up?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Over the next month or 2, I want to revive discussion on strategies for matchups AND stages (starting with MUs).

No ranking BS, just want a place to pool our collective information together so we can answer basic questions from"How do I deal with ___" move/strategy/stage formation to ways to traverse a stage and more specific responses to certain events in MUs.

Even though the guide isn't 100% it's close to that already where it's pretty much "done" (no extraneous amounts of editing/work to be done anymore)

I'll probably write some things for most characters, then collectively build up. Only problem is how discussion will be scheduled. I much prefer this topic to be where most discussion take place, while the MU guide be about random specifics (like how the MU opinions topic/Ike guide are).

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'd be much appreciative of discussion on stages. I usually just stick to stages I like/think I play well on, but if there are stages that I should learn how to use more often (like Brinstar), it'd be nice to have something to go on for that.

As for when to do it, maybe set aside some time of the week that most people can be free and do it in the xat, then record major points somewhere?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I'm hoping for it to pretty much be community like the general guide. Planning to do it during my spring break (week starting around the 18th)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If I didn't have copious amounts of tests and projects due over the next few weeks (and money) I would be going.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Eh, idk. I want to make the Ike community as a whole better. Most Ikes that I see play are just not knowledgeable of many situations they have the ability to take initiative/avoid.

That reminds me, I still haven't given up on looking at low % fthrow/bthrow for possible guaranteed stuff.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i've noticed fthrow sends people low at high %s

been pretty sweet for setting up for edgeguards though they are at kill %

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fthrow frame data probably just be trolling us. I've gotten fthrow to dash attack on characters at higher percents before. Don't know how DI dependent it is.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I think that Fthrow to Dash attack depends on the char and their percent, so it won't work on all chars. I'm pretty sure Fthrow to Dash attack works on Zelda somewhere around 75-90%, unless the person I play consistently DIs it wrong, but he is usually pretty good about DIing my other throws. It gives a good reference point to start checking though, I'm in training mode atm experimenting.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I just do NOT think that it's true at all. Everyone can act before the dash attack. All anyone has to do is jump and air dodge away.

Prove me wrong with videos. But I just don't see it happening.

Top Bottom