• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well yeah, I'm sure once they become aware of what we can do to them, they will try to avoid the edge. In any case, it seems like you were controlling both chars? Best to get someone else to control Wario as well.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Since it's a shorthop, is there enough time to tech chase after the landing lag?

Either way, this is pretty awesome. I wonder why no one thought of it before...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
That's a pretty crazy mindgame and they'd probably jump + Air dodge, but if it did happen, it'd probably work to get a jab.
Anyway, if you wanted the spike, you should just go with what's guaranteed... the Dair. No reason to do anything else when you can do essentially the same thing guaranteed.

You have a 2 frame room for error.
I guess that's not too bad... I just practiced it a bit. You pretty much just grab > pummel? > wait for AR > tilt the A stick forward to start a walk and press grab almost right after you move your legs. If you miss you can get Wafted, headbounced and Naired and Daired. It is a really small length and from the middle of the stage like FD it might take 10 ARs to the edge.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Ike has a consistent way of tech chasing Wario? That sounds amazing, definitely going to try it out. :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any other heavies i think would either too far air release wise or will ground release. Though there are plenty of people we dash attack out of air release.. MK to name one

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
ahh so Abe got 13th eh? =0
thats my boy xD

seems like did pretty decent seeing as that was his first offline tourney...

he getting out the wifike business. real talk

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
outside of wario, could it be possible to do the release > DAir on other characters. More or less looking at the more heavier types.
No other characters. Wario's the only one whose trajectory puts him in the right spot. The only other thing that would work is MK on the Smashville platform. And it's RARE to grab a good MK up there.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I don't think it would be rare to grab MK there with a platform cancel setup. :I

Ussi, I spent a good minute trying to figure out what you wrote but I'm going to ignore it. LOL

-RedX-

Smash Lord
**** you lmfao

EDIT: Bored and Ussi have over a thousand posts here and nobody else has half that amount. -.-

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'd say don't let them know, but they're well aware of it. Given up on passing them. >__________>

Edit: I've discovered why Red sucks at this game:

Red-X wrote at 12:52 AM on Mar 7, 2011 :
I think Ganon's the only character who can't shield grab Ike's jabs. lol
But somehow it happens a lot more often to me. >_>

Top Bottom