• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Ussi, I spent a good minute trying to figure out what you wrote but I'm going to ignore it. LOL
He said "Stick to English". Can't you read?
Owned

I honestly stopped caring after I got to a 1000. I own the Basketball thread in the Pool room now.
I was wondering why i passed you. Also we're both closer to 1200 posts Red

Lastly at the shielding grabbing thing: Lots of characters can't shield grab Ike's jab... tethers for one and Zelda.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Isn't our jab also completely safe on shield against Yoshi? I mean jab 1 has -12 frame disadvantage and jab 2 like -15. Yoshi's fastest OoS attack is his frame 17 shield grab so we probably would not even have to space at all them to leave unpunished for jabbing his shield. Nair could probably also be safe against Yoshi's shield. That would make the Yoshi MU fun if you manage to force him to shield.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
*sees Smashkng*, *sees Smash King*.

You both have something in common. Can u guess what?

Isn't yoshi's jabs pretty solid? whenever I try to jab between them, they push me farther enough to keep Yoshi out of jab's range. So I guess yoshi would just shield and jab first to get you out, or, roll backwards and then jab you if you run and get too close.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i really implied Yoshi under tether as well as Olimar...

However majority of them can roll away though they'll eat a dash attack

Jab cancel to grab does wonders when you expect anyone to shield jab too

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
If you jab cancel you should be able to jab before Yoshi can punish you according to frame data. His shield drop is simply too slow to do anything outside spot dodge or roll away out of jab 1. Yoshi's jabs are pretty decent because of their start-up, but they come out on frame 20 out of shield.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Edit: [Ike's 'Mist' combo at (very) low percents for mid-heavy to heavy weights:]

Nair -> Jab 1 -> Grab -> Pummel -> Back throw -> Dash attack (5 hits)

Net damage = 29-30% (add pummels for extra 2%, just make sure they don't get out)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why not just the easy nair-> utilt? LOL easy20%.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I've got on many people a Nair to Jab at 0 % for an automatic 26%. Why not use that one?

Esper~

Smash Cadet
Positioning I guess. If you nair to uptilt you could work from them being above you. If you do the Jab then they have too much distance for you to try something outside of dash attack or fair.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Nair - Jab1- Utilt.

I don't know why you guys are even thinking about anything else. I always use that on mid-heavies.
And as the inexorable truth goes, I like it so it's undeniably the best option.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Or if your opponent is standing in shield when you jab you could go to grab and then follow up from there...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Or if your opponent is standing in shield when you jab you could go to grab and then follow up from there...

i really implied Yoshi under tether as well as Olimar...

However majority of them can roll away though they'll eat a dash attack

Jab cancel to grab does wonders when you expect anyone to shield jab too

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Infinity in maths is (a) 1/0 and (b) time of which neither the beginning nor the end is computed, just the middle portion where your function takes place.

Infinity in physics is (a) far away distance that never ends (b) time that never ends

Infinity in EE is (a) time that's been running for a long time (b) a discreet component that is at it's maximum potential (eg. infinite resistance lets nothing pass through)

Infinity in religion is eternity.

Infinity for Chuck Norris is something he was able to count in his lifetime, twice.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Looks like I may be single during WHOBO.

If things don't go back by then, I guess I'll just have to do the cute cosplay girls (that are definitely 18 and older) there.

My "bright" sides are pretty stupid.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I suppose manly hugs would be cool.

But since I'm supposed to be "free" for the time being...
any freshly 18, hot girls that I may possibly only be able to hug for a short window of time in my life?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't need to go into that here. There are enough people who don't want/need to hear about even as much as I've already said. But I guess if you're interested enough in my personal life, you could ask me in PM and I'll talk.

Top Bottom