• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
doesn't Ike's fthrow have a set trajectory like bthrow (i.e u cannot DI these throws like you do for uthrow and dthrow). I'm fairly confident Ike can DA after fthrow, we just have to have the combo percents, like San and that one more guy said before.

Hey San, how're u feeling about MK MU? do you think Ike has to have a counterpick assuming if MKs play on their toes?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's just that Ike's usual best stages are also MK's best stages. You can realy take MK anywhere and it'll be the same kind of match. BF,lylat,Ps1/Ps2,Delfino, even SV/FD, etc, it really doesn't matter. Choose your favorite stage.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I find battle-field aiding a little towards my ease at a MK fight. PS1 is nice too except that it hurts me more than it hurts MK lol; especially the windmill section. What about choosing a different character for MK? Do you think Ike really has enough tools to handle this MU? I'm being owned (mostly offstage) now that my peeps have gotten the hang of MK.

Actually. speaking of tools, how would you handle an offstage situation with MK chasing you? when MK throws me above-ledge offstage, he mostly nairs, fairs and shuttleloops (tornado is kinda universal tool so I'm not even gonna bother mentioning that). I have survived from these before so this situation doesn't really bother me that much but the next one does:
Below-ledge offstage (which also includes areas beneath the ledge) these MKs spam dair all day and there's really nothing that comes to my mind that can tackle that. Ike fastest aerial, his bair, is impractical when MK is in top-front and you're below stage. All of Ike's other aerials are like 15 frames or above.

Apart from offstage, I feel confident fighting MK on ground. Just the few things that really annoy me is his far reaching ftilt, dsmash, and the 2 specials. Can I get some effective ongroundplay-tips as well?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Actually. speaking of tools, how would you handle an offstage situation with MK chasing you? when MK throws me above-ledge offstage, he mostly nairs, fairs and shuttleloops (tornado is kinda universal tool so I'm not even gonna bother mentioning that). I have survived from these before so this situation doesn't really bother me that much but the next one does:
Below-ledge offstage (which also includes areas beneath the ledge) these MKs spam dair all day and there's really nothing that comes to my mind that can tackle that. Ike fastest aerial, his bair, is impractical when MK is in top-front and you're below stage. All of Ike's other aerials are like 15 frames or above.
Getting back to stage obviously is the most important part of this situation so what I would suggest would be to try and read the MKs next move and air dodge it so you can aether, if you are in a very bad situation last resort you can quick dash over him before he can get to you to shuttle loop(this has saved me from bad situations before but don't rely on it a lot). Good MKs will probably try and read any air dodge you try and do so if you really have to and think you can get away with an attack go for it because some MKs are too preoccupied thinking you will air dodge to notice the Fair heading toward their face. XD haha just my thought of that question..

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sorry Brett, but I'm really starting to like Lylat. I'm pretty determined to get good at this stage lol. I might start taking MKs there.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Haven't really been paying attention brett sorry.... Ryo said he was going when i talked to him last =\ though that was a while ago.. Dunno.. San is going right? Ussi had question mark cause he wasn't sure yet... but im guessing he isn't

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
In that case, I need help to see how well Ike can bthrow CG DK and Bowser, and if it possibly works on other characters.

I have a video, but with stale moves of grabs and everything, there's no way to tell. The optimal way I found was to throw, run and shield grab (may need to slide a bit) and time grab when their hurtbox extends for a frame or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khHSi_iuzyE
San, if you have the time, and assuming you haven't already got someone else to help you with this, I'd like for you to get in contact with me. Either over AIM or PM. I wouldn't count on me coming back to the social, but if I must, I can do that too.

The best time for tomorrow assuming you wish it get it out of the way then would be sometime after 6 PST. I'll be out before then eating at a fancy restaurant for my step-father's birthday.

If you'd rather do this another day when it's convenient, feel free to message me whenever you happen to see me on. Chances are I'm not doing anything.

Kinzerthebrawler.

:093:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
The one where San was fighting DK a player. I noticed San got one CG on him 2 times. Wonder how that theory is coming along.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It seems to work near 0-20 and then bthrow starts to stale.

Can't believe you guys managed to find vids of some random friendlies and a tourney match vs someone who doesn't really play brawl much lol.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
daylight saving is happening already? meh, don't really care about it.

btw, I'd really like to cook that meat car and get it b/w my teeth. mmmmmomnomnom

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Got 9th at melee singles at a tourney using Jigglypuff, and I don't play melee lol. I beat players who are way better than me at that game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How are they better if they lose to you? intelligence is a merit in its own category. Tech skill =/= how good you are at a game

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have no clue of any of the intrinsic properties of the game, what I can DI/SDI punish crouching attacks etc. I just had time to kill because brawl was after melee. And not like 9th is a good placing just better than last.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
9th is good for someone who doesn't play the game. (assuming 20+ people)

Also the reverse happens in brawl too. I've seen melee only players play brawl and do good too cause the basic concept of the game is the same.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Played Melee competitively for a very short while (used marth) but it was just a fantastical whim because I never bothered to learn advanced tactics (I knew the techs, didn't know about DI/SDI etc) cause I thought making a smashboards account only losers would go to and expected to just **** tourneys.

Still tired from the tourney yesterday. Got first in dubz and singles which is pretty good. Had 3 sets vs falco in that tournament.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe a few matches of sets. Only my wii was hacked and I don't think people remembered to save whole sets. Falco isn't my favorite MU, but it is fun.

I will be uploading sometime this week of some of the tournament matches that were saved on my wii.

Top Bottom