• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
lol so a lot were bought but many were barely used. I'll gladly have an old Wii for the sake of hacking it for Brawl. But I still would need the money to buy it, unless someone just lets me have one.

EDIT: I just remembered the dream I had about 2 hours ago. It was something like a zombie invasion and experimental biological weapons. Like something out of Resident Evil. But I saw a lot of spiders. And right before, the world was ending and there was like meteors or something that made the surface dangerous so people escaped into subways and stuff.

OmegaZeroX

Smash Cadet
Ok I just finished reading the Entire structure for Ike thread. O_O My eyes hurt but I think I got all the basics and staples for Ike. Lemme tell you, theres alot of stuff to read about Ike.... >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
lots of what i wrote (mental aspect of brawl) are general and can be used for any character, but I did try to give Ike examples (Or will have to add that in later during winter break)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
so i was in AiB free play, i found this person to play that wasn't very good and had a lot of lag but said they didnt feel it, after 3 stocking their ganon with D3 by chaingrab on halberd this is what they said "Yeah now I see the delay, because D3 shouldn't be getting that much grabs off." LMAO XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ok I just finished reading the Entire structure for Ike thread. O_O My eyes hurt but I think I got all the basics and staples for Ike. Lemme tell you, theres alot of stuff to read about Ike.... >_>
yeah you tend to find this, ive tried maining a good few characters now and you come to learn that theres are loads of little things that make each character very unique, ike is probably one of the simpler character to use in terms of things like tricks, mobility, etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
apply it in real matches. eventually it'll become 2nd nature

So I took my ACS exam, and when i opened it, someone wrote in it before and so I had the answers to some questions on it.. lol.. wonder if it helped or hurt me.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
so i was in AiB free play, i found this person to play that wasn't very good and had a lot of lag but said they didnt feel it, after 3 stocking their ganon with D3 by chaingrab on halberd this is what they said "Yeah now I see the delay, because D3 shouldn't be getting that much grabs off." LMAO XD
Sounds like a scrub to me XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
another thing you might want to get the hang on is doing a 'turnaround' jab, which basically involves turning around and jabbing without having anyo f the turnaround animation, easiest to do when you do spotdodge>tap slightly backward>jab. make sure to do the tap back bit during the end of the spotdodge, not after it. after you get better at this trying to do it from dropping your shielf and then from another jab (i.e: left jab, instant right jab) and then your pretty much sorted from jab shenangians

OmegaZeroX

Smash Cadet
another thing you might want to get the hang on is doing a 'turnaround' jab, which basically involves turning around and jabbing without having anyo f the turnaround animation, easiest to do when you do spotdodge>tap slightly backward>jab. make sure to do the tap back bit during the end of the spotdodge, not after it. after you get better at this trying to do it from dropping your shielf and then from another jab (i.e: left jab, instant right jab) and then your pretty much sorted from jab shenangians
Damn...I'll try >.>

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Don't worry OmegaZeroX, with practice it becomes easier to do. Join in our bi-weeklies when we have them to get some more practice in the competitive setting. Actual tournaments and such (as long as it's not WiFi) would definitely be better. Oh and I like your sig. Kamina is a man full of gar.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, theres probably osme kind of video demonstration on youtube, most likely be a guy called mr.doom whos done it.
also yes, being in california (i think thats what CA stands for) theres shoud be a fair few tournaments about, go have a look in your local regional zone!

OmegaZeroX

Smash Cadet
@jamlosingthegame-Bi-weeklies? Where do I go for that? Also I've tried looking for some Brawl tournaments...Sadly no luck.

Is there a way I can post vids of me playing? something to like test my fighting?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Go to the regional zones (on main page of Smashboards, scroll down), find your region (California has plenty of tournaments, so I'm sure you can find something), and find your city or closest location. Ask in there. California is a bit weird, since not many West Coast people post on SWF.

If you can't do that, apply yourself to getting experience and learning on wifi. Preferably on all is brawl freeplay, ladder, tournies, etc.

There is a Ike video critique thread. Some requirements are that you be playing at your best in a very close game against someone. If you can't record your own matches, someone will happily do it (like me).

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Also Olimar doesn't do well on Brinstar. The middle of the stage stops his grabs and Pikmin die in acid, I think.
sounds good.. better than norfair which I usually pick against oli. He does quite well on the 2nd form >.>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you should just stick with rainbow cruise over frigate :D its a way better Ike stage~

But brinstar works too.. Norfair is usually banned lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its always been that way o.O

Just keep the positional advantage. Thats all that stage is. You just have to know how to exploit it. Its a prettygood nuetral stage to be honest.

Also, got a 53 out of 70 on the ACs exam, 2nd highest in my class but it is community college so take it witha grain of salt. I got an A so i'm happy.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
There is a Ike video critique thread. Some requirements are that you be playing at your best in a very close game against someone. If you can't record your own matches, someone will happily do it (like me).
i've got a video against biglou's luigi that I wanted to post there but I have no idea what to do with my replays besides that whole play them while theres a blank dvd in the wii trick

can someone tell me how I can get my replays on youtube?

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
i've got a video against biglou's luigi that I wanted to post there but I have no idea what to do with my replays besides that whole play them while theres a blank dvd in the wii trick

can someone tell me how I can get my replays on youtube?
I didn't know the blank dvd thing worked o.O
Anyway if you got a recording software(like dazzle)it would be no problem, or you can ask someone on SWF to upload it for you
Link of the topic with recorders http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233863

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
RC isn't a cp in france, or at least it depends on the chosen ruleset . I'll try brinstar, I'm really bad on it but I know it's supposed to be a good stage for us.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes, finals are over. I think I did well on all of them except my last one, which was really hard and difficult. 6 questions, like 5 parts each, with many diagrams, explanations, etc.. I was not satisfied.

I stumbled on this manwha quite a few months ago, but finally decided to actually read it. It's very good imo. I thought it was going to be generic in the beginning but it turned out pretty amazing.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/trace/

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Meh. I'm more into the slice-of-life stuff than anything supernatural, but I'll give this one a try.

So anyone have any holiday plans or something? I'm probably gonna go to some party my cousins throw and the whole family goes to followed by me staying home playing video games and what not.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Probably find a job somewhere.

Slice of life is boring in general for me. Regular TV does it much better. 99% of comics have supernatural things in it lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
to be honest, i always found brinstar to be a fairly average stage for us, then again i do have a large hatred for main stages which you can come through from the bottom

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Brinstar has slopes right? SDI -> tech them. My friend managed to do that and we were all like: "PRO TECH" The only problem I have with Brinstar is that when the lava/acid rises, you're forced to go to the higher platforms to avoid damage, and I hate being above my opponent above the stage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Brinstar has slopes right? SDI -> tech them. My friend managed to do that and we were all like: "PRO TECH" The only problem I have with Brinstar is that when the lava/acid rises, you're forced to go to the higher platforms to avoid damage, and I hate being above my opponent above the stage.
well, as far as i know ike is immune to that, i know it works of norfair but not so sure on brinstar
theres this thnig ike can do, where if hes standing and the lava comes up he can counter>powerhsield>counter>powershield repeatedly untill the lava dissapears
havent tried it on brinstar though...

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
I beat Golden Sun Dark Dawn :p. I know I'm pretty late.

Took about 30+ hours lol, and I still missed one Djinn

Top Bottom