• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen a good ol fashioned Ryko forum rage in... years.

Oh how I've missed it so, and it's just as hilarious and awesome as it was then.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Cake is fake. Mr. Doom just SDI'ed there during the flash of the picture. In reality, he was holding some rusty pen knives.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
No it's not a refrence to him I never had the chance to buy ToS2 and play it. The meme doen't bother me to much and I find it kinda funny so I don't mind it when people think it is. Also the Castlevania refrence is also unintentional but did like Rondo of Blood

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Si uhh who does Ike team well with in doubles? I didn't notice much about it when I was searching around.
MK is, of course, the best teammate. Ike is sort of like Snake. He uses his co-partner to sandwich foes in between him and his co-partner so that he could land an easy kill.

I team with characters who can easily poke my opponent. ZSS has a good setup for Ike's Fsmash (dsmash), Wolf has d-throw (if the opponent doesn't tech it), Diddy just throws people into Ike, and Marth and MK can poke with dtilt.

I'm sure there are others that Ike can team well with.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
No it's not a refrence to him I never had the chance to buy ToS2 and play it.
Don't bother, it's a horrible game.

Only play it if you loved ToS1 so much (as I did) that you're just playing it to see the game world and characters again.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
ToS1 was pretty enjoyable and i've heard that the second wasn't so good but it's on my lst to eventually play when it drops to 15-ish used.

Also thanks for the info Mr. Doom although I kinda assumed MK was a good partner already.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Tales of Legendia for worst Tales game ever. Next to Tempest. (I hear people say it's the absolute worst.)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So I just figured out how add a song to any post.
It's just embedding an invisible YT vid in the post, but only a mod can do it. -.-

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Only after playing around with Ganondorf for a while have I realized how good Ike's 4-29/39 airdodge is compared to the 4-29/49 one that old characters are stuck with. Try full hop air dodging with Ganondorf and you won't even be able to double jump afterwards wheres Ike can airdodge like 3 times if you jump twice. Also airdodging offstage with Ganon or DK is a lot worse that I thought it would be. The extra ten frames of just pure falling are such a letdown for their linear recoveries.

tl;dr be thankful that Ike's dodges are not that horrible

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i am thankful, infact his dodges in general are quite good and his getup options are good. on the snake boards we are rated at the hardest character to d-throw tech chase along with zelda, snake and i think marth.

anyway, help time. i have this odd habit of shielding an opponents attack, and then spot-dodging aterwards, this is ok on cpu's because they cant punish to save their life, and its safe-ish on wifi too but offline i honestly lose about half a stocks worth of damage just for this, anyone have any idea how to break it?
inb4stopdoingit

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
anyway, help time. i have this odd habit of shielding an opponents attack, and then spot-dodging aterwards, this is ok on cpu's because they cant punish to save their life, and its safe-ish on wifi too but offline i honestly lose about half a stocks worth of damage just for this, anyone have any idea how to break it?
inb4stopdoingit
Well, obviously you should stop doing it, but if you're really aware of all your OOS options stopping should come natural.

If they hit your shield from behind, bair OOS is very fast and a good punish/killer. If they attack from the front you can jab, grab, fair/nair. Just somehow get in the habit of shielding then attacking... just like go in training mode and drop shield to jab or fair or whatever over and over.

That's seriously the solution to a lot of people's problems these days, I don't know why it's so common. Just go into training mode and practice until your muscle memory has it, then go to CPUs, then people.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
right, thanking you. muscle memory is a bit of a novelty for moi but it can at least help kick the habit (lol it sounds like im trying to quit smoking)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Depends on how far they hit you from and how far you get pushed back. For example, Snake's f-tilt combo is hard to punish with both b-air or turn around jab if you get too pushed far back. Best to retreat away and rethink your options.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
My problem is constant spot dodging. It's been there since the first Bi-Weekly (I remember Bored fsmashing me because of that) and it's still there. I guess I panic when I'm near the opponent and not facing them. I need to practice my bairs and turn around jabs as well as break this habit.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Instead of spot dodging, just try to walk or dash away sometimes, or even throw out an attack like jab.

Sometimes>Never>all the time

I didn't know dash shield turnaround jab was something to practice. I always felt fast fall buffer turnaround jab was different, though.

Dash shield-->jab is also usable because jab beats grabs and if they attack you you're still slightly sliding forward. Can punish low->mid% lucario fsmash

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
My controller is so messed up that whenever I let up off the shield and try to turn around and jab, it'll dash attack instead. Even the slightest tap will make him dash attack. >_>

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Okay I just watched something that sort of burned my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhLdDIQ5Kk

NSFW to the extreme, so don't get angry afterwards. I just want to know what the hell I just watched.
lol I remember that. My friends told me what it was and finally saw it after a while. Very funny. But yeah NSFW.

I remember dash shield is one of the most effective approaches.

Top Bottom