• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I love it, too. I love how when you get into an argument with Ryko, it like.. Never ends and stuff. And it's funny. And awesome. And cool. And epic. And entertaining. Brett, you party-pooper. :(

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It was probably Ryko's screencap of Cristina's post that caused it, considering it was the only image posted.

Anyway I am noting Ryko's method of telling people to **** themselves for future usage.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Vandalizing houses and really hurting people and insulting their religion =/= jokes.
Joking about 72 girls who don't know what the hell to do = joke.

Back to my other example, to relate it to yours...

Black people love fried chicken and Kool-Aid for every meal = joke.
Dragging a black person across town from the back of your car =/= joke.

Brett, if you find insulting people's religion not a joke, then I'm guessing you've never laughed at anything Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, or any other show for that matter have pulled right?

Watch the Boondocks, and you'll see how extreme they go beyond the ol' fried chicken and Kool-Aid joke.

I'm just gonna conclude and say that this 9/11 vid was just an extreme joke. Meaning that it flirts with danger, and will piss off several people. Like I said, just cause you don't find it funny, and rather insulting with the mass, does not make you anymore right. Be put in a circle of people who do find it funny, and you're the only one who doesn't wouldn't mean they are right either. When it comes to "comedy", then anything and everything is available to humor, and criticism will come no matter what.

I'm done with this subject.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Heh, I was just looking at Wombo Combo vids myself.

In other news: San, I heard from my friend that Cornell is one of the easier to get into. I don't have his grades, so I'm not sure. Still gonna apply to it anyways. Any thoughts?

EDIT: lol. ninja'd by San and he posts a funny picture.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not too difficult compared to other top ranking schools, of course. Probably better odds than other schools still. Try your best -)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't remember applying for college all that much, but do you decide what "College of" you choose then and there? I figure the Liberal Arts College at Cornell is easier to get into than the Engineering.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Thanks San.

I think I've been playing too much Scott Pilgrim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCREJfWEtz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5CP8yS02mI
Those are great tracks aren't they?

So I'm gonna be starting my senior year this Friday. Our first day is the same as the second day for Freshmen. I can't wait to see their confused faces, joke around about how that was me last year, laugh (possibly at them), and then help them.

EDIT: Bored ninja'd me. Engineering/Mathematics is actually want I want to try and go for in my search for where to go. Still gotta look at other stuff of course (like financial aid).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i heard a church was gonna burn multiple books of the Qu'ran on 9/11

From my sources... it was on the news...

And school starting on a Friday?.. I dont remember the last time i had a class on friday ahaha

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So i heard a church was gonna burn multiple books of the Qu'ran on 9/11

Church Member 1: My friend, it behooves us to show that we are better than these craven cur terrorists.
Church Member 2: By all that is holy, my friend, thou art right. What shalt we do?
Church Member 1: The Lord's fire shall cleanse the heathen's blasphemous literature.
Church Member 2: Thou art true and noble, fellow bishop. Let us now leave and partake in a pleasurable activity together.
Church Member 1: What hast thou in mind?
Church Member 2: Does thou likest young males aged 7-13?
Church Member 1: Why yes, good sir. Very much so.
Both: ohohohohoho

That's how the conversation went. 100% fact.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
lol, religion jokes.

:x Just realized it could be worse, Eid (Muslim Holiday signifing the end of Ramadan) could have been on 9/11 instead of 9/10 this year. That would have really been bad.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Some people still celebrate it on 9/11 depending on how they follow the moon, but yes the majority of us are celebrating on 9/10. It would have sucked, and those people burning the Quaran are plain stupid. Just Islam-phobic people.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I heard from an ACT teacher of mine that the guy who is planning on building that mosque said that he wants it as a cultural center but when he went back home, he said it was to bring Sharia (sp?) Law, which is the stoning of females who have been ***** but has no more than 4 male eyewitness accounts of the **** (I think?).

About my school starting Friday, I dunno. That's how it is. I wish it would just come now because I'm bored and stuff at home.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just tried to google that idea of Sharia Law in the Mosque, and the only sites that mentioned it were Christian or Conservative related sources. Not to bag on your ACT teacher, but I find those sources to be um...biased?

Even if this were true, it's impossible because that would mean overruling American Law, which can't be done considering they are building this Mosque on American soil.

I do agree that Sharia Law is completely outdated and needs a complete revision. It's a shame that laws from centuries ago are still being used today. I guarantee you that any modern educated Muslim is opposed to it or would say the Laws need some sort of revision. I know the Mosque I attend does not believe in such things and oppose such decisions unless put under fair trial. In all honesty though, Sharia Law has been going on in these countries for ages, and you rarely hear any complaints. Yes there is those miss trials that end up with a stupid decision and such, but it's not like it happens every month. Sometimes, **** happens in court. Just like how there have been several cases of innocent people being guilty in trials.

In any case, your teacher is looking at a very narrow perspective if he thinks that's all there is to Sharia Law.

Edit: Stoning people to death was also used in Christ's time and he did not mind such acts. The act of stoning was actually revealed as Law in Israel. Like I said, it's just this idea of Conservative Muslims wanting to stick by the book is what continues Sharia Law to this extent.

Edit: Oh yea, I saw a fat Slaps today, and this guy totally looked like him. I would have even said hi to him, but then I saw he had a girlfriend, so I easily deduced it wasn't Slaps.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I like the principles of Sharia Law in that at the time it was created it was pretty modern and was solid enough to keep a society running

But nowadays when you have stuff like people being executed for being ***** it's pretty obvious that it's outdated. I don't want to use the term 'barbaric' but when I hear about stuff like that it's the first word that comes to mind. It's like being fined for being robbed, haha. Completely nonsensical yet I know that some people (albeit a huge minority) consider stoning for being ***** an appropriate punishment.

Those stoners!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well on a brighter note...in established countries (Saudi Arabia or Egypt), there aren't as many crimes as there are in America. With severe punishments like that, you don't want to mess with them. Though I agree, stoning is rather harsh (though it can be deserving), as I would rather opt for the good ol' lethal injection.

Though I do find some of the punishments awesome. A guy can get his **** chopped off for ****** someone. A hand cut off for stealing. Just goes on and on.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Emo pic. Slaps thoughts in that pic...

"My life is a spiraling abyss."

Edit: That G&W face is just asking to have a sexual joke made about it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
when did the subject switch to me? 0.0 im confused.
That's the translation SWF has provided from his initial post. Here's the real post he made...

Ugh, I am so tired of this attention on me. Like I know they enjoy my sense of fashion. I mean, these skinny jeans are totally rad, and this Atreyu shirt is totally saying "Stab my heart please". But I'm just a normal guy with just some problems. People need to see me as a regular guy. Ugh, sometimes I think you're the only one who understands me post number 763

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
im wandering facebook and you look TOO MUCH like ron from harry potter.LOL change that hair yo

*stalks bored*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dude, i go away for like, almost no time and about 5 pages have gone by, 9/11 flaming over then yes?

its all about the give-a-**** o meter. 4chan use 9/11 as a day to laugh at europeans for having the date the other way around (if it happened over here it would have been called 11/9)
but anyway...why does everyone have everyone elses facebook?

Top Bottom