• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Never heard of someone winning a national while only losing 1 game throughout the whole thing. o_o

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm pretty sure I read that like a year ago.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Anyone find the bthrow->dash attack buffer pretty difficult? I can do it ~20-55% on people around 2/3 of the time, and 65-tumble % (85+) around 100% of the time, but you want to buffer it and not dtilt. And I do that input multiple times in just about every match. That's why I'm not too confident doing it at lower %s.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I end up doing dtilt instead of dash attack about 1/4 time. Much more when it should be a free kill on walk-off stages, when i'm so tense i mess up.

Also, do we have a similar thread about fthrow>dash attack?
And on the same topic, do you have to buffer the dash attack after grab releasing pikachu? Cause sometimes, well, it doesn't connect .ç.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if you have tilt stick, can't you use backwards? Least if you mess up you only do a jab.. I completely forget cause i just naturally use Cdown.

And yes you do need to buffer dash attack out of grab release, same with MK and diddy and such.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
if you have tilt stick, can't you use backwards?
This.

I think I mentioned this in here before. With tilt stick you just hit back in any direction (straight back, diagonal up or down and back, doesn't matter) and you'll DA, same timing as hitting down, and if you mess up you just do a quick Jab.

:034:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I watched a replay of mine and noticed i did a auto canceled Quickdraw o_o

yea legit AUTO CANCEL like move right away

I've been messing around, an ideal height to release QD is half Ike's SH height

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Canceling the lag of quickdraw seems like it has potential imo. That's why I was asking about it a little while back. It's not hard to get the timing down to seemingly cancel the lag. Well, at least it definitely helps in making it more viable for recovery.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm... the slide after landing can be deceiving though, and it can look like an auto-cancel when in fact you're still getting the same amount of ending frames as you would if you used it on the ground and didn't hit anything. According to Kirk's frame data the only two types of landings for an aerial QD are a soft landing (IASA 13 frames) and a hard landing (IASA 31 frames).

So, landing an aerial QD before entering helpless frames (about half of Ike's short-hop height or less like Ussi said) will result in exactly the same amount of landing lag as an Nair. Which is not very much, and which is why it may look or seem like an AC at times.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hmmm well its great for moving around the stage when there isn't something in your way.. so running away

I keep watching my replay but I think i'm above the said height o_O!! I need someone to record this replay for me... (I might as well get it critiqued too)

I'm sad i'm only noticing this now too... this is from Apex >_>

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I guess I'll have to recheck myself, to see how it is.

EDIT: Definitely a lot less lag than nair could ever hope to have.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I love to use QD onto platforms and even sometimes just on a short-hop to move across a stage and get in position for an edge guard. The landing lag is negligible as long as you don't do it too high off the ground, and it's much faster than dashing to cover short distances.

But yah, if it could be auto-canceled somehow, I guarantee you it would be known by now, lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
There's 3 types of landing I noticed with QD.
One from going into free fall, then there's one where you just SH and QD. And the "auto-canceled" one.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's definitely a lot less lag than nair, dude. Seems like it cancels to me, and there seem to be more than 2 different timings of lag, too.

@Slaps, that's definitely QD with the soft landing lag.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And the "auto-canceled" one.
Debug mode YouTube video or it didn't happen.

I'm pretty darn sure it's impossible to auto-cancel QD, and I'm also pretty sure there's only those two types of landings. I think the slide you get if you do it close enough to the ground is just deceiving.

If someone can prove me wrong though, I would not complain. Auto-canceling QD would be amazing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It's definitely a lot less lag than nair, dude. Seems like it cancels to me, and there seem to be more than 2 different timings of lag, too.

@Slaps, that's definitely QD with the soft landing lag.
Well, tell it to Kirk, not me, lol. He used debug mode to test that stuff, but he may not have tested using QD at every conceivable height from the ground, so you never know.

And yah in that vid of Ryo you can definitely see the landing animation before the Fsmash animation starts. Thirteen frames isn't very long either, and it's hard to compare the same amount of frames for two different attacks that have Ike moving at two very different speeds.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I do want to see this video of yours Ussi, if someone could quickly upload even just the section with the QD that would be great. Honestly I've never had QD auto-cancel that I can recall, so I'm curious.

Keep in mind that when an attack auto-cancels, it means you can perform another action one frame after your character's feet touch the ground. That means almost literally no time at all. So you should be watching for how soon after Ike's feet touch the ground that you can perform an action, maybe relative to an auto-canceled Bair rather than Nair.

Top Bottom