• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Posting in page 1000 :I

So who's going to apex? Apart from Ryo, GP and I believe Ussi?
San...and that's about it I think.

Yeah, turnout is expected to be 4 people.
Yall forgot Sharkie

Got 7th today at a tourney out of 19ish

It was 4 pools, top 2 got out, bracket of 8. I went 0-2 in bracket =_=, I was in a pool of 5, I lost to Vinnie 0-2 but i did handle the IB chaser fairly well. I actually fair'd through it or jumped over and nair'd if I didn't just retreat, still lost badly, he has such an amazing style of play, it really showed me how much I have to learn. then beat the rest of my pool who aren't anyone notable.

I played the guy who beat me in losers at a MM and won though, so i got to put that behind me :\

What i learned: I need to learn to handle people landing behind my shield, I need to react faster, usmash is a terrible move to whiff, need to figure out how to punish 22 frame spot dodges, oh and need to work on buffering on landing

On another note, my tag for tourneys is gonna be Youmu, gonna rep Soku in brawl rofl

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I went to the Lonestar tourny. DIdn't enter. Figure it'd be a waste of money. Rooting for Texas to beat all the out of state people. Total of 75 entrants.

How many people total entered your tourny Ussi?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
no, this was the first time we played.

I got punished for using usmash too much though ._.; and my jab got grab armored :s

other than that, he just reads me very well since my habits are exploitable quite easily by top level of play.

the event was planned to have pools, and they were expecting more to come since there was 41 at the last event. But alas not that many came.

watched the first episode of Angel beats, my impression: What the hell O.o

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I love how my post-merging just messed up everybody's celebration of page and post counts. For what it's worth, you all should be using 40 ppp anyways.

Also lol'd at the little icon next to our board name now.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I love how my post-merging just messed up everybody's celebration of page and post counts. For what it's worth, you all should be using 40 ppp anyways.

Also lol'd at the little icon next to our board name now.

:248:
i hate you a substantial amount, i was lurknig for a good few hours waiting for the oppurtunity to get 15000 TT_TT

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Don't worry Ussi, Angel Beats! gets better. However it goes by fast because they only had 13 episodes to work with and wanted to put a lot of plot stuff as possible so people got turned off by that. If you can't take it still watch at least the 5th episode.

40ppp ftw!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Speaking of trolling, Soku has just trolled me by having built in pad controls

EXCEPT I WANT TO PLAY ON THE DPAD QQ my stick is ruined :\ and i don't want to buy a new wired controller siiiiigh

What makes it worse is it won't let me fuse keyboard + pad controls, i can only have one :\ so there goes assigning the arrow keys on the dpad too -.-

Anyone know how to turn off built in controls? I can then assign the keyboard elements to the buttons as well then

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, i guess both me and brett are now salty at the fact our gets now mean for nothing
mine was legit too
this is also proof i /b/ too much

Heartstring

Smash Legend
my bad, our gets now count for nothing is what was meant to be said

yknow, youd think i proofread my stuff every once in a while

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ya...about proof reading GP...how should I put this....

You need to do that for basically every post I've seen you write on this site. All 7,108 of them. Let's start with the shift key and how it works for example.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
"GETS", GP. The caps are pretty necessary. Not to mention they're apparently oblivious as to what you mean. I'm too lazy to explain.
:pinkiepie:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ya...about proof reading GP...how should I put this....

You need to do that for basically every post I've seen you write on this site. All 7,108 of them. Let's start with the shift key and how it works for example.
i know, i know. i simply cant be arsed to do it half the time though :L

also, why the shift key, because this keyboard doesnt have them. if i want to capital something i have to go caps, letter, caps. and it takes too much effort

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Get a better keyboard then. Not using caps the majority of the time makes your posts look like they were written by a 12 year old. >_>

Seriously, what kind of keyboard doesn't have a shift key? Unless yours is just damaged, I've never heard of that before.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Watched Angel Beats 5, dunno whats so strange about it compared to the entire story I've seen so far.

And if it means anything, I've been against the battlefront since episode 1, i've liked the student body president from day 1.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah i get you, allow me to rephrase, it has a shift key, its just broken, as it the backspace and its tab button
i think-to save proofreading manually (laziness yay) i'll simply get chrome instead of firefox
And if it really bothers you that much, Then i guess i'll just have to press the caps button a lot more often

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Watched Angel Beats 5, dunno whats so strange about it compared to the entire story I've seen so far.

And if it means anything, I've been against the battlefront since episode 1, i've liked the student body president from day 1.
I wasn't saying it was strange, just hilarious. Don't tell me you didn't find this hilarious. Also, Thousand Enemies FTW!!

And if you liked Tenshi from the beginning wait until later. Near the end it gets good.

I wish the prequel manga gets translated more often. Latest one says the next one is in September >_>

Top Bottom